Start by marking “Voodoo Moon (Paranorm World, #1)” as Want to Read:
Voodoo Moon (Paranorm World, #1)

Voodoo Moon

(Paranorm World #1)

A sinister magic is sweeping across Nash City…

To Fiona Moon, it’s just another day at work. And some days, well, they’re a helluva lot worse than others. As a member of the elite Black Blade Guard, Fiona is tasked with hunting down the most-dangerous Paranorm criminals. To find out who is kidnapping mages and sucking the life energy from their bodies, she has to work with
ebook
Published February 10th 2015 by Crimson Tree Publishing (first published June 19th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Voodoo Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Voodoo Moon

Sanet
If I could I would reach into Ms Stevens pockets with my grubby grabby hands and take take take.... more please.... :)

I did not expect it... I started off not liking it and then..... magic

This was my first ever read in this genre, and thought some plot similarities fall with others ... it needed to be classed on its own.

Voodoo Moon was like a Post-Apocalyptical, paranormal heebee geebee, magic scented, fang incrusted gang-bang that just took me by surprise with every fucking page that turned.
Kristy Hamilton
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced readers copy by the author, June Stevens, because I had been bugging her for the book since I saw the cover reveal. She allowed me to read a copy that wasn't formatted perfectly or been edited completely yet, but it was just AMAZING!
Voodoo Moon is a novel for adults due to language and some sexual scenes.
This book is unlike any book that I have ever read. It is a paranormal book with magic users and "normal" humans and vampires and just a whole host of creatures that any g
Cara
Jul 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
For more of my reviews please visit: sslyblog.wordpress.com

Here’s everything I love in a book: Post-Apocalyptical, paranormal beings, magic, mystery, and of course, romance. Add to that soul-sucking beasts, zombies, and missing persons and you get one heck of a story.

This is a great, great, great read! I would strongly recommend it to lovers of paranormal. There are hot love scenes, that aren’t necessarily erotica. With a great cast of secondary characters, Fiona Moon and Ian Barroes light up th
Sadrina
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have to be honest, Voodoo Moon is definitely a delicious treat. The moment I read the excerpts, I was hooked. Then I started reading the book. It was so worth the sleep loss.

Told in alternating point of views, we get deep knowledge of our characters. Ian is a yummy treat; smart, rich, observant, kind, downright gorgeous. Fiona meanwhile is feisty, could care less how she looked in the public and is very protective to her family. She's also very independent and can kick ass. I loved her instant
Holly Douglas
Jun 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Holly by: Paranormal and Contemporary Group

Want paranormal, mystery, suspense, with a hot sizzling romance this is a read for you. June Stevens creates a world in the future after a catylism where everything we know has changed. The paranormal now lives beside the norms, she weaves her story with history and details that the reader has a complete look at this new world.
The characters are rich, complicated, strong and gifted June Stevens has the reader believing that they are part of the story.
There are some very fine kick-ass scenes th
Melissa
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If I could describe in 3 words right now~ truly epic heroine! June Stevens' Voodoo Moon, upon reading the opening I just knew I would love this book. It appealed to me in every aspect and did not fail to disappoint. The blurb served justice, as it is an intense read, with one kickass heroine and amazeball cover! Great main character that piqued my interest; something was always hopping in this read, and I eagerly devoured! The editing was excellent with great writing flow that did not lack capti ...more
Brynna Blake
Jul 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love a book with a good, strong, kick ass heroine. Fiona is just that, with a snarky edge. Ian was hot, but I think I would have liked to see him be a bit more alpha. I loved the story though, and I love the setting and the interesting take on magic and paranormal beings.
Marlene Sanchez
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Voodoo Moon is not my usual genre, but I was intrigued. I was one of the lucky early readers. Let me say, this book is amazing. It has a little of everything to keep you enthralled in every page. Definitely a book you should all grab and read!
Sherry Ficklin
Dec 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. I got to read it early and can I just say, wow. Fans of paranormal action will love this. VM is scary and funny and intense. All of my favorite things!
June Westerfield
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote-it
I wrote it, so of course I like it. Thank you to everyone who has read or will read Voodoo Moon. I appreciate honest reviews, good or bad or indifferent.
Amber
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Voodoo Moon is a wildly entertaining and deeply moving journey of learning that life can only truly be lived in conquering your fear. It is true that you can live a full life while harboring and controlling fear, but to be able to experience the unfettered freedom that comes from overcoming the deeply encased fear that holds you in its grip is a magnificent accomplishment that should be wildly desired and ruthlessly fought for. No one can convince you of this truth until you have finally reached ...more
Avid Reader Amy's Reviews
Aug 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I realized that I have neglected my first love, Paranormal genre books. Voodoo Moon brings me back to where my love of reading started. This book is full of everything paranormal. So no matter what you love, you'll love this book. This book series reminds me of the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton.
Stevens does an excellent job of creating the post apocalyptic world without making it seem dreary. Her characters are dynamic and keep you entertained.
Fiona's character tries to come off as
Michelle Lewis
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Book Talk Reviews

This Book was Fantastic!,very well written. I couldn't but this book down,I was hooked from the first few pages.

The main character Fiona Moon, she is a elite member of the Black Blade Guard and she's one tough cookie. Fiona who is beautiful,sexy and deadly pairs up with the hot and sexy Master Necromancer Ian Barroes. together they are trying to find out who is kidnappi
Sarah Bird
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done-reading
I really enjoyed this story!! A great twist on magic!! I love the sisters and how they got their last name!!
It does have some bad language and intimate scenes. But over all I give it 5 stars!! I found it very gripping, I will be reading it again.
Jasmine Smith-clark
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was an early reader for Voodoo Moon and it was amazing. I loved that you got to see things through the eyes of both main characters. It was an incredible storyline and I can't wait to see more!
Debbie
Independent Reviewer for Archaeolibrarian I Dig Good Books.

In the year 2012, just as the Mayans predicted, life on earth suffered The Cataclysm that shifting the whole world off its axis by 90 degrees. Several hundreds of years later, life is beginning again, in the old cities and some new ones. Fiona Moon and her family, are getting by. She is a member of the Elite Black Guard, works hard at her job. When bodies are turning up at an alarming rate, she is forced to work with Ian, Master Necroman
Linda Levine
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I had the opportunity to discover this book and this author. I highly recommend it. It features Fiona who is a tough but fair woman who is a high level mage working for the elite Black Blade Guard in a very divided society. She enforces the laws and arrests magic users who violate them. If you like characters like Kate Daniels and Jane Yellowrock, you will really like this one.

The word has changed dramatically since religious wars caused devastation. In this world, there are vampire
Laurie
This is one of the most fabulous books I have read in quite a while! If you love paranormal mysteries with a touch of romance then you should try this book. I Loved the way the dialogue flowed so naturally.

Fiona Moon is a force to be reckoned with; tough, loyal and savvy! Her world is dangerous and she navigates its seedier side with fortitude and pizzazz. As the story unfolds, glimpses of her past are revealed and as her history is unveiled she becomes even more of an enigma.

Ian is the perfect
Anita Hargreaves
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal

This is set in the future where a great war has occurred, 200 years later, crystals are used in place of electricity and very expensive. The new world of poverty is now populated by mages, vampires and blade fighters. A good romantic read.
Michelle Pickett
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Michelle K. Pickett

Okay, so I’m supposed to write a review on “Voodoo Moon” by June Stevens—who happens to be DJ Westerfield, whom I really, really like.

That puts me in a BAD situation.

Why? Because I love DJ. She is SO sweet, but I’ve never read her work. What if I don’t like her book? Um, whoa. Not sure what to do about that. Tell everyone I liked it because I don’t want to hurt a friend’s feelings? Or tell the truth and risk losing a friend?

So, I’m up shit
Aseel (In My Secret -Book- World)
**An eARC was provided in exchange of an honest review**

When I first saw this book, I was very excited for it. The blurb sounded great, and it's been a while since I read a paranormal book, so when I saw this book, I was immediately interested. There were so many things I expected from this book, and so many things that disappointed me.

This book is set 200 years in the future where the world has undergone a Cataclysm that destroyed almost everything we know and have today. When the world needed
Ann-marie
Feb 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was gifted a copy of Voodoo Moon by the author in exchange for an honest review. That in no way changes my opinion of this book.

I am an avid reader of Paranormal books, and Voodoo Moon did not disappoint. This book does not lack in a single area, and I am so glad I had the opportunity to read and review it. Within the covers of this book, you will find magic, vampires, romance, mages, lust, mystery, suspense, secrets, beasts, and zombies. Voodoo Moon is post-apocalyptical, and told in two POV
D.E.
Feb 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Voodoo Moon is a complicated and well-thought out fantasy story starring Fiona Moon and Ian Barroes. I liked Fiona’s character. She is a kick-ass heroine with a complicated history. Her character growth as the story progressed was interesting to watch. I liked Ian as well although he was more of a side-kick to Fiona.

Stevens is a talented storyteller. The story is interesting and will keep you reading. Unfortunately, however, the writing is lacking. As an indie author myself, I try not to compla
Samaris Creech
Feb 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Fiona Moon is one of the only women on a elite force to protect humanity after the collapse of the world. She also happens to be one kick ass mage to boot. Fiona has no problem with people of other species, vampires included, but what she cannot stand are necromancers. Too bad for her Ian is one and also the best one out there who also happens to consult for The Order of the Blade which she works for. Ian knows that his people’s history makes him kind of unlikable but he is determined to change ...more
Dee Geeky Family
Nov 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-stevens
I absolutely love the setting. What I wrote above (see my blog) is really just a part from the book where the current situation is explained. But during the story you come to realize that the writer did a great job in figuring out all the details and consequences of the Cataclysm. And yes, I'm a sucker for details. The main character is Fiona Moon, one of the three Moon sisters, and she is a kick-ass Black Blade Guard. The story of the Moon sisters is just as well thought off as the setting is. ...more
Dawn
Feb 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Had a blast with Fiona Moon fighting Paranorm crime...Until Master Necromancer Ian Barroes a rich professor of Necromantic Studies, wants only one thing...Fiona.
I guess I'll have to read book 2 to find out what happens to Fiona and Ian...and jump right in to find out if they defeat the evil Voodoo Priest, Bokor...
Will definitely be reading more from this series...

A Definite 5 Stars from me...to the author...just to let you know...i appreciate what you do for us readers...its amazing how you can
Kelly Risser
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Voodoo Moon introduces a completely fascinating world. I love the idea of a post-apocalyptic society that is magically, but not technologically, advanced. The chemistry between the two main characters crackles on the page. If you like fantasy and strong female and male leads, this book is for you! The only thing that keeps it from being a five for me is the amount of back story, at times, got to be too much for my taste. Those who love that level of detail will really enjoy it. The world buildin ...more
Sabrina
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. With two kick ass characters that I just love everything about which is rare. Not to mention there is witches, vampires, zombies, oh and an apocalyptic world! I cannot express how much I loved this book without spoilers so I will just say go read this book I promise you will love it. 5/5 Bloody Fangs
Aret
Oct 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great story! It had romance, drama, action, excitement, and some steaminess! I loved every minute of it!

Stevens is an excellent writer, she gives great detail with her scenes and with her characters that you feel as if you are right there with them!! I can't wait to see what will be up next!
Felicia Wood
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Haven't read an original paranormal novel in a while. The originality of this post-modern war era was fun and refreshing. Definitely interesting enough for me to invest in book two.
The CurvyWriter B...: READ & DISCUSS: VOODOO MOON BY JUNE STEVENS 1 6 Jun 29, 2013 02:52PM
Book Excerpts : Voodoo Moon Chapter 1 Excerpt 1 8 Dec 17, 2012 04:22PM
  • Chasing Midnight (The Dark of Night, #2)
  • Fading Light (Shadow Born, #2)
  • Good Intentions (Dead War #1)
  • Undercover Magic (Shifty Magic, #2)
  • The Golden Apple of Discord (The Discord Trilogy, #1)
  • Nightwolves on the Prowl (The Nightwolves #2)
  • Matt Archer: Bloodlines (Matt Archer #4)
  • Burning Bright (Ivy Granger, #3)
  • Paranormal Pleasures: Ten Tales of Supernatural Seduction
  • Mojo Queen (Roxie Mathis, #1)
  • Magic of the Gargoyles (Gargoyle Guardian Chronicles, #1)
  • Hell's Belle (Hell's Belle, #1)
  • The Way of the Black Beast (The Malja Chronicles, #1)
  • Stolen Fire (Kindling Flames, #4)
  • Thrill of the Night  (Avalon, #1)
  • Earth Blend (Blend Trilogy #2)
  • Elegantly Undead (Coffin Girls, #1)
June is a geek girl, fat chick, and unrepentant romantic. She writes full time and is both independently and traditionally published. She also works part time running her greeting card company, Once More With Feelings, and is co-owner of the Pop Lit Divas Radio Show.

When not working, June can be found making jewelry, reading, cooking, or watching geeky movies with her husband and snuggling with he

Paranorm World (5 books)
  • Immortal Moon: A Moon Sisters Novel
  • Changing Moon (Paranorm World #3)
  • Avenging Moon (Paranorm World #4)
  • Shifting Moon (Paranorm World, #5)
“Blood doesn’t make family, and time and distance doesn’t break it. Like the moon, family will always be there, even when it’s too dark to see it. Keep strong and it will light your way home, wherever you are.” 0 likes
“I am a goddess. And I command you to worship me.” 0 likes