Start by marking “The Return of the Marines Trilogy (1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Return of the Marines Trilogy (1-3)

The Return of the Marines Trilogy

(The Return of the Marines #1-3)

This is all three books of The Return of the Marines Trilogy. Each book is also offered as a separate book on Amazon.

The Few: Book 1

Gunnery Sergeant Jacob McCardle is the commander of the Marine Detachment at the US Embassy, New Delhi, when the president of the United States arrives on an official visit, the same man who, as a Congressman, sponsored the bill that had decim
Published December 7th 2012 by Semper Fi Press (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Return of the Marines Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Return of the Marines Trilogy

Start your review of The Return of the Marines Trilogy (1-3)
Gretchen
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying Brazee's work and am in the process of trying to read all that he has written. This trilogy is set just a few years in the future. The marines have been all but disbanded, only a few are left, running guard detail on the president and the embassies. This changes when, outgunned and unsupported, a small group of marines save the president...

Military fiction isn't necessarily what I would like to read, but in some ways Brazee's writing is like crack--addictive and leaves you
Jim A
Aug 28, 2018 rated it liked it
A trilogy about the Marines, set in the future.

The Few: Very good story about the attempt to take over the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi. The only defense the embassy has is the Marine detachment assigned.

The Proud: Story about a platoon of Marines on assignment to retake ships that have been pirated. For the most part, it's a Marine rah rah with some action thrown in. Okay, but nothing special

The Marine: By the time I got to the third book I had pretty much burned out on the author's tales of dar
Jim
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a three part book or three books now rolled into one, however you want to look at it. The three parts are: “The Few”; “The Proud”; and “The Marines”. Each part of volume is rather short but together they all three make one fine and outstanding book.

I normally don’t read books just about the military. This book is classified as science fiction but there’s really not that much science fiction to it other than the time has been moved forwarded by a few years. At the outset of this book, an
Richard Mancuso
Nov 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Really bad

This thing was written by an illiterate idiot. Spelling, use of punctuation, grammar, language, terminology are all misused. Either the author is mighty stupid or the editor is or both.
As I was reading a Griffin book when this one came up I stupidly assumed this was a follow-up to his Corp's books and ordered it without paying much attention - bad mistake.
Do not buy this book. It is not even worth one star.
Sam Gray
Dec 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Worth the read

As a retired Marine I look for books about Marines similar to the Corps Series by WEB Griffin. This was a good choice.
John Froemke
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The action in this book never stopped. It went from Brooke want to be true to book 3 without any problems. I will have to get more by this author once you start you don’t want to stop. This was one of them threw a scape is him books

Great book or rather great three books. The only disadvantage was that I liked it so much I didn’t wanna put it down. It’s one great disadvantage. I will definitely be reading more by this author with the rest of my life. If I was going to compare him to other Authors
Craig Tuller
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: usmc, military
What caught my eye was part one, "The Few" since it was about Embassy Duty. I was an Embassy Marine in Cairo & Geneva '79-'81. A bit predictable for the ending of "The Few".

On the whole, the book, a Trilogy, was excellent, however whoever is responsible for editing should be terminated. I came across not only misspelled words, but several times the editor must have mixed up characters and changed the names because they did not fully "read" and follow the story. Very annoying!

Will have to try ano
D. E.
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two Novels About the USMC After Politics Has Disbanded the Marines

JPB has penned two novels about the future of the IUSMC after a new President elect decided he does not like the Marine concept of service. He cuts the Marines back to the fee leaving one Marine Regiment still active. He spreads the USMC to the different branches of the entire service sectors. These are two excellent reads for the genre.....DEHS
Dan Donovan
Jan 15, 2021 rated it it was ok
Corny and full of ritualistic jargon.

Apparently an early effort by the author who has written some decent sci-fi.My guess is that this set was re-released in an attempt to cash in on his recent (and deserved) success. That’s how I ended up attempting to read it. Read the first and started the second before deciding I had better things to do on a cold and rainy January day.
Levi Jennings
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
VERY GOOD 👍

The first of the three books 📚 was somewhat difficult to finish. I am a Viet Nam Vet, and while I have never been a marine I did see combat and I lost friends. Book 1 brought that fact back to mind feeling as if someone had kicked me in my chest. The trilogy was well written.
Jim Duncan
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good story!

Actually, I wanted four stars, good action and political scenes. It's a shame that the future of all of our armed forces are in the hands of congress critters. They have little idea of honor and duty.
Natli VanDerWerken
Aug 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Could This Happen?

All too easily. There are always unintended consequences that bite you in the butt. A future president downsizes the Corps and pays the price. Good job on getting it right!
Thomas A Peden
Aug 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

A very interesting story.
Enjoyed my hours captivated with this book.
Fascinating story from this excellent author.
I will be reading more of his books.
Charles "Jerry" Butts
Jan 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great synopsis of the intricacies of military life...Griffin is a great storyteller
James H. Jaqua
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yes, I liked it.

When I read a book in which USMC is a major role I have a tendency to follow the characters and their actions closely
Jim
Feb 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Float Read

The look would have been rated higher if it weren't for the poor grammar and editing. There were sentences with obviously missing words and some that just plan did not make sense. The author work do better to military writing style with his use of abbreviations and acronyms spell it out followed by the acronym on first use. The appendix just interferes with the readability. If it were more professionally written I would recommend to a greater audience, but now I would say it is written
Byron
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Outstanding novel set in the future about the United States Marine Corps. I reviewed this already on Amazon.

Brazee's work is loaded with jargon and abbreviations that sometimes detract from the action but otherwise is an enjoyable read. There is a glossary at the end.
Nicholas D'Agostino III
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Marines survive and thrive in a world that thinks they are unnecessary.

The book does a great job of showing how the different backgrounds of individual Marines actually enhances the esprit De corps.
William
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Action packed

A good read. I like it when the underdogs win.
Could not put these books down. I highly recommend reading.
Aaron M Sibly
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good read

Enjoyed this book. Look forward to reading others by the same author. If you enjoy military novels, you will enjoy this one. Semper Fi
Warren Osborne
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Very enjoyable, fast action.

Hard to put down, read all three in just two days. Detailed in the interfacing of all the different entities involved in the battles.
Mike Klein
Jun 05, 2018
Timothy McKenna
Mar 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Battle Stations: A heart-stoppingly realistic military thriller (US Navy Historical Thrillers Book 1)
  • Ace (The Navy of Humankind: Wasp Squadron Book 3)
  • Fortitude (The Navy of Humanity: Wasp Squadron Book 4)
  • Veteran (Call to Arms: Capernica Book 3)
  • On Station: The final saga in the authentic military thriller series (US Navy Historical Thrillers Book 3)
  • Carrier War: Authentic military action in a tense thriller (US Navy Historical Thrillers Book 2)
  • Conscientious Objector (Call to Arms: Capernica Book 1)
  • Indomitable (The Navy of Humankind: Wasp Squadron Book 5)
  • COMBAT: Parallel Lines (A Jock Miles-Moon Brothers Korean War Story Book 3)
  • A Call to Colors
  • Master Guns
  • The Last Lieutenant (Todd Ingram #1)
  • Combat Ineffective (A Jock Miles-Moon Brothers Korean War Story, #1)
  • Contact Front (Drop Trooper #1)
  • Fighting Her Father's War: The FIghting Tomcats
  • Combat Reckoning (A Jock Miles-Moon Brothers Korean War Story, #2)
  • Divided We Stand (The Fighting Tomcats Book 2)
  • 1st to Fight (Earth at War #1)
I am a retired Marine colonel and now a full-time writer living in North Las Vegas, Nevada, with my wife, Kiwi, and infant twin daughters, Danika Dawn and Darika Marie.

I published my first work back in 1978, a so-so short story titled "Secession." Since then, I have been published in newspapers, magazines, and in book format in fiction, political science, business, military, sports, race relations

The Return of the Marines (3 books)
  • The Few (The Return of the Marines,  #1)
  • The Proud (The Return of the Marines, #2)
  • The Marines (The Return of the Marines, #3)

News & Interviews