Start by marking “Coming to Rosemont (Rosemont Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Coming to Rosemont (Rosemont Saga, #1)

Read Excerpt

Coming to Rosemont

(Rosemont Saga #1)

Published December 14th 2012 by CreateSpace (first published December 13th 2012)

JJ Story
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a delightful escape I had, curling up into Maggie's life. Coming to Rosemont has some mystery, a tinge of romance, and personal growth in the life a woman whose world has been turned upside down. Hinske also brings out some wayward characters who provide twists and turns in the plot. I loved the way Maggie took charge of her life in spite of the pain she had suffered, and found adventure where she didn't expect it. Probably the best part of this recommendation is that I didn't want the stor ...more
Chris Conley
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a terrific start to a series. Westbury is going to be a fascinating little town with memorable characters and lots of problems. Maggie’s new life should hold lots of challenges and triumphs. I am already looking forward to the next chapters.
Tami Winbush
Dec 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
When a widow finds out who her husband really was, what should she do?

Hide from the rest of her life?
Cry until there are no more tears?
Scream, rant, rave and rave?

Not Maggie! Maggie is a woman of action, a do it now person, and someone not afraid to face her fears.

Maggie learns of a house her husband owns, and of his misdeeds at work. She decides that the only thing she can take care of right now is the house. She travels to the Westbury in hopes of cleaning it up and putting it on the market. B
Anne Taylor
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun read. The biggest strength of the book is the totally, totally likeable "good guy" characters and how they all band together in a way that makes the reader want to cheer. It's a great feel-good story. Another strength is in the descriptive prose, which is especially good. And the plot was well constructed, making the reader want to know what was going to happen.
Roxy
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Despite the stereotypical characters and obvious plot, I really enjoyed this story, and will read the others in the series. 3.5 stars.
Kate Sherwood
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
A lovely setting and some pleasant characters just waiting for a plot.

The main character has dinner parties and bonds with her children. She cleans the house and looks for cheese. She goes shopping and has pleasant dates with a true gentleman. She holds a charming, family-friendly fundraiser at the palatial home she inherited.

For the first 50% or so of the book, I was in for the ride. I felt like I was being lulled into a false sense of complacency. 'The author's building up the mundane details
Rita
Jun 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the main character and those she meets when she arrives in a small midwest town to inherit what could only be my own dream home full of antiques and stories. The town is full of problems and people who bicker and fight but most of them pull together to get the job done.

I'm off to order the next book in the series.
Kelly Gressley
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved reading Coming to Rosemont as a group discussion!
Maggie sure went thru a time with her sick spouse and then to learn things about him.
She is a strong welled woman.
I had a hard time putting the book down plus I can not wait for the next book in Barbara Hinske's.
Karen
Jul 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book.. It covers some great characters and also some very corrupt town council members that are running the town into the ground.. Can't wait to start book two!!
Carole
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Hoping the author continues the series soon.
Diana
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. Reading about Maggie growing and overcoming her husband's death and living in his shadow. It was an enjoyable read.
Barry
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great first effort! While not my normal read, I found the characters believable and the plot exciting. I can't wait to see what happens in the next book in the series.
Crissy
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was recommended to me because I loved the Mitford books.
You got to see the town coming together to help one another and move forward after corruption has been found in town.
Maggie is new in town, finding out that her husband had a home name Rosemont, she came to sell it and move on with her life now that she is a widow dealing with secrets he kept. However, one step into Rosemont and she found home.
Will be looking for the next book in the series.
Luci Brehm
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Comfortable Read

I enjoyed this book. The characters were fun. I read political thrillers and intrigue, and then I also read lighter books like this. Highly recommend if you want a soft book to curl up with.
Sue
Very well written with a surprise ending. I really enjoyed it.
Judith Keim
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Barbara Hinske has written a wonderful book filled with characters that are so alive you want to do more than read about them. You want to meet them! After being painfully deceived by her now-deceased husband, Maggie Martin travels from Southern California to claim a house she never knew about in Westbury. She arrives to find that Rosemont is not just a house but a mini Downton Abbey complete with wonderful furnishings. The minute she steps through the door, she feels at home. She impulsively de ...more
Pam
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Coming to Rosemont is a novel by Barbara Hinske. It is quite intriguing and compelling to read. It is hard to put down. The plot is well written and thought out and the characters are portrayed quite vividly.
Maggie Martin had just lost her husband when she found out he had inherited a house in Missouri that he had left to her. She also found out that he had embezzled from the college of which he was President and that he was supporting another family. The latter two things she kept from her chi
Annie McDonnell
Dec 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
I want to move to the town of Westbury and be Maggie’s roommate in that awesome house known as Rosemont! This is a story that will touch your heart…..
After Maggie’s husband passes away, she learns that he had many secrets from her. After 25 years of marriage she is in a bit of shock. One of the things was that her husband had a huge home called Rosemont in the town of Westbury. He left this house to Maggie.
Maggie travels to Westbur
Stephanie
Aug 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Parlor Games is...without a doubt...my kind of reading entertainment. I could admire the courage of the main character, May Dugas, during a period in history where women were still buried the social bindings of...etiquette. Bordellos...High society and. Pinkerton detective following her all across the globe during the historic turn of the century? I loved every word!
Pamela Duarte
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is wonderful to read a book where the main romantic characters are smart and over 50 - we're not dead just because we're older! Just a right mix of life-in-a small-town, romance and intrigue. The characters are not perfect and absolutely gorgeous - they're realistic. I've read all three and can hardly wait for book 4 in the series.
Arlene
Sep 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: novels
A good premise and I loved the thought of a 50 something woman starting over after the death of her husband. Especially since said husband was not the man she thought he was! Interesting story of a community rallying to come to terms with the theft of pensions by the mayor and city council.
Martha
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I gave it a two star rating as it wasn’t a realistic story. It was promoted as being like Jan Karon’s books about small town life with lively characters but it was not like that at all. Disappointed to say the least!
Kimberly
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was interesting and I loved the ending.
Mom
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book. Had trouble putting it down. Can't wait for the next one!
Terrance Zepke
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
cute story about a middle-aged woman forced to figure out the next chapter in her life and she does a brilliant job of it. Also a dash of mystery and suspense and romance--and an adorable dog!
Barbara Williams
Love this story and most of the people in it. Do hope there will be several squeals to follow.
MrsK Books
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maggie Martin first learned of the house from Paul as he was dying. What did he mean the house was for her? She had just inherited Rosemont, of course nothing was too surprising any more. Her life had totally flipped upside down and in so many degrees she didn't know what was real, let alone what could ever be considered "surprising." What she didn't expect was the overwhelming sense of home once she stepped over the threshold of Rosemont.

With the key to Rosemont, Maggie discovers beauty can com
Lisa Hudson
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS BOOK!!

I'm late to the Reading Party for this Series. The plus side of that is I can go straight from one book to another! I am so glad that I was introduced to this author through a Facebook party. This book was completely delightful! The characters were well developed and multidimensional. The description of Westbury was so in depth that I felt as though I was walking through the town with the characters. If you've lived in a relatively small town, you can really appreciate all the c
Jan
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Forensic accountant Maggie Martin's well-ordered life is shattered by her husband's untimely death and the double life he concealed. Dealing with the financial and emotional wreckage left in Paul's wake, she is stunned to learn he inherited an estate known as Rosemont in the seemingly-serene Midwestern town of Westbury. Seeking a fresh start and a quiet, solitary life, she moves halfway across the country to make Rosemont her home. Before she can unpack her first box, she's knee-deep in a battle ...more
Karen
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5*
A predictable, yet enjoyable read. Lots of unfinished storylines to allow for the series of books. Looking forward to reading another book in the Rosemount series.
Maggie Martin, forensic accountant, discovers her husband has left her Rosemount estate in Westbury, a place she knew nothing about.
She feels at home from the minute she walks in the door of the magnificent house and is welcomed by the majority of people she meets in the town. She has people sussed from the start and knows who to
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Perilous (Ripple, #7)
  • Summer Court (The Tarot Witches, #4)
  • Country Girls
  • If You Believe
  • Praise Jerusalem!
  • The Ant Thief (Bed Time Tales, #2)
  • Missing Inheritance
  • The Manicurist
  • Lady Justice and the Pharaoh's Curse
  • The Regrets of Cyrus Dodd (Wyattsville, #4)
  • I Have People
  • The Sound of Crickets
  • Three Moons Over Sedona
  • Rowena Through the Wall (Land's End, #1)
  • The Fridgularity
  • All Roads Lead Home (Bellingwood, #1)
  • Autumn Getaway (Seasons of Love, #1)
  • Malaika
Barbara Hinske is a BookBub Bestselling Author in the Women's Fiction category. She is a practicing attorney in Phoenix, Arizona, who inherited the writing gene from her dad. She has two grown children with her exceedingly kind and good second husband who died of cancer in 2006. Lucky in love, Barb married another exceptional man and father of two in 2010, and they live in their own Rosemont with ...more

Rosemont Saga (5 books)
  • Weaving the Strands (Rosemont Saga, #2)
  • Uncovering Secrets (Rosemont Saga, #3)
  • Drawing Close (Rosemont Saga #4)
  • Bringing Them Home (Rosemont Saga, #5)
“months.  Weather was unpredictable and synthetic ice was now readily available” 2 likes
“knack of inspiring people to action. We need a fresh perspective around here.” Maggie” 0 likes