Start by marking “UFOs, JFK & Elvis: Conspiracies You Don't Have to Be Crazy to Believe” as Want to Read:
UFOs, JFK & Elvis: Conspiracies You Don't Have to Be Crazy to Believe

UFOs, JFK & Elvis: Conspiracies You Don't Have to Be Crazy to Believe

"I'm not asking you to believe every conspiracy theory you'll find in this book. . . . I didn't write this book to give you all the answers. The Warren Commission did that, and the answers were all wrong. I wrote this book to inspire you to do what the powers that be wish you wouldn't: to question authority . . . and to keep an eye out for Elvis."
--RICHARD BELZER

In UFOs, J
Published September 9th 2009 by Ballantine Books (NY) (first published May 18th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about UFOs, JFK & Elvis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about UFOs, JFK & Elvis

Susan
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
The older I get, I walk further down the path of conspiracy nut. I don't mind! It's fun! And Richard Belzer is my kind of guy that I want to walk along the path with, chatting to about all sorts of things. I only knew him from his crime TV shows, but he's also a comedian. And also an author. And also a conspiracy theorist. Go figure.

Hey, so Belzer here thinks that that dude, what's-his-face, didn't kill JFK. No lone gunman theory for him. He posits all kinds of other theories and gives well-thou
Rebecca McNutt
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I can't say that I really believe the theories in this book, but Belzer's jokes and wit throughout the pages, coupled with the history and politics behind the cases, made this a very interesting one to read.
Robert
I have to say that this is the real thing when it comes to books on conspiracy theories. And I have the evidence in my hot little hands. I checked this book out from our local public library. A regular bastion of information for the public. Well as I was reading I observed that two pages had been carefully removed, as in cut out, from this book. One page was missing in the area where Belzer was discussing the JFK assassination and the other was during the discussion of the Roswell incident. I be ...more
Rich Meyer
Dec 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great primer for the conspiracy aficionado, centered on two of the more popular ones: the JFK assassination and UFOs. I've read the book a few times and just listened to the audiobook version (narrated by Richard Belzer himself) and it's a great overview for a subject that can be touchy in "polite" company. Belzer covers most of the high (well, more like low) points in the Kennedy Assassination rigmarole, and delves into flying saucers, the Moon landing hoax, the face on Mars and many other topi ...more
Brian Murphy
Apr 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books. I really love conspiracy theories and this book makes for a really smooth read. It gives you some additional info in the side bars which I also found great. Ex. Websites to see alien structures and background info about the JFK conspiracies. I would suggest this book to anyone that likes a good conspiracy theory and doesn't want to read a 1000 page book filled with 500 pages of additional info you'll never remember.
Theresahpir
Dec 10, 2015 rated it liked it
As posted on my blog, Theresa's Haunted History of the Tri-State:

This book isn't a new release by far---it was published in 1999---and it feels like its been on my Amazon Wishlist for nearly as long. It wasn't really a top priority for me in a sea of so many other awesome paranormal and weird history books, but it was on Book Outlet during their mega Black Friday sale, so I added it to the cart.

It turned out to be a good purchase!

It was a good purchase for me, but I should preface this by saying
Erik Graff
Dec 01, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: conspiracy & pop culture fans
Recommended to Erik by: no one
Having dropped off a knapsack worth of books at the local cafe, I righteously picked up this one, intrigued by its title. A comic take on conspiracy theories! Surely, some of my friends would find this amusing.

As it happens, the book is not very funny. Indeed, the fact that its author disbelieves the government both as regards the JFK assassination and as regards UFOs works against the possibility of humor. The jokes are strained, out of place in what is basically a serious effort.

The greatest v
Jamii
I love Richard Belzer as an actor so I was ecstatic to come across this book. I'm not one who puts much thought into conspiracies, do I think the government lies or covers up things? Absolutely I just typically don't care enough to think about it in detail but this was a lovely book that went into great detail about several conspiracies and various possible scenarios and it did a fantastic job at outlining those details. Belzer is a funny man so I really enjoyed this book though there was only o ...more
Mary Shannon
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, audiobook
The title of this book is a little misleading, Belzer makes no mention of Elvis. What he does do is a wonderful job of taking readers through all the various conspiracies surrounding the assassination of JFK and whether UFOs have made contact. As an added bonus I listened to the audio version where Belzer reads and even breaks out into song on occasion. An absolute must read/listen for anyone interested in the JFK assassination and/or UFOs.
Kommy Yazdian
Nov 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I consider myself lucky to have lived long enough to have read this book this year.
Tammy
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
While I think almost every conspiracy is totally nuts, I think Belzer has a great sense of humor and I enjoyed reading this book as just a look into that world.
Matthew Hopewell
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Could have used more Elvis. Other than that it was a fun ride.
Barb
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
--RICHARD BELZER
In UFOs, JFK, and Elvis, the distinguished statesman of stand-up comedy tackles some of the biggest conspiracies and cover-ups this sid
JZ
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is so much fun, he should design history courses for high schoolers.

I remember these events, because he's just a few years older than I am. We lived through all that, and didn't buy it, or we did. Within a few years, we were noticing that the government was bullshitting us. J. Edgar Hoover was the boogey man of the campuses, too, not just the halls of power. The story of what he had on JFK melted away after PT109, which he wouldn't have done if he hadn't been under JEH's power. Thanks, J!

I
Debbie Mcclelland
Absolutely a must read!

This man tells it like it is...or was. There are so many evil people in this country and this world...but the truth will be known, and this wonderful book is hitting the nail on the head!

Get the book, and this man will give you the truth that you have always suspected.

The humor is a plus,too!
Scott
Jun 19, 2017 rated it did not like it
Loaned by a friend, so I may have to reevaluate my friendship screening policy. hey, I'm up for a good conspiracy as much as the next guy and Belzer can be a funny sometimes, but this was brutal. no footnotes so this became a "according to sources" and "rumors are" book. and even then the same old rehashed, unproven, and outright falsehoods were used. a hardcover Weekly World news.
Eli

Fun and makes you think, but it is pretty dated and the title is misleading. It's like 75% JFK, 25% UFOS, and then the "Elvis is alive" conspiracy is mentioned in passing once. Really appreciated the bibliography in the back. It adds some weight to conspiracy stuff.
Douglas Reedy
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really good book to entertain your brain. Belzer will force you to think twice when you hear any information from the U.S. government. Recommended for those who are paranoid or not!
Karen Nickelson
Dec 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Entertaining and interesting to read. Book is fairly old but the JFK conspiracies are still around and relevant.
Margi
May 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Some interesting point made in reference to the Kennedy assassination. Otherwise too over the top for me.
Amy "the book-bat"
It was a little too JFK focused for my tastes. Overall, it was interesting.
Luke Johnson
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Some very interesting theories about the JFK assassination, and some very laughable alien sex stuff. Be prepared to have Belzer name drop himself a lot too.
Lala
Listen to the audiobook, it's the best.
Holly
May 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a highly amusing book, but if I had not read it I would not have missed anything essential.
Todd C
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun conspiracy-theory book.
Stephanie
Read this for research, nevertheless, didn't give me any reason to believe in any of the things he was discussing. Maybe I'm crazy. He was pretty funny at times.
Faith
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Gives interesting thoughts into JFK's assasination. Really makes you think.
The UFO section was less intriguing to me, but if you are into conspriacy theorys it's worth a read.
Mona
Dec 31, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
WHY I CHOSE THIS BOOK: I figured Richard Belzer would be funny and this would be a quick listen to end the year
SUMMARY: Belzer recounts various conspiracy theories
REVIEW: Even though I was not predisposed to conspiracy theories - many just seem cuckoo, I figured I might learn something new. Sometimes Belzer's wise-acre delivery was funny but sometimes it was just irritating. The part about JFK was the more interesting part. I certainly have questions about the official story. But some of the the
Kelly
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of conspiracy theories. Huge fan. Fangirl fan. And I was totally on board with the JFK stuff. It could all be true. I am even willing to believe in extraterrestrial life bc the universe is enormous and anything can be true, and is likely true. But also, why do aliens only probe farmers? It seems weird right? Like, I get you can't probe the president or whatever, but like, maybe probe someone who has a little more power, like ... an author or actor or something. Lastly, I am so bu ...more
Stacia
Jan 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013
This is not my normal reading fare, but I picked it up as part of a Dewey Decimal Reading Challenge (000s). So far, I'm finding it to be an entertaining look at conspiracy theories around the JFK assassination. I saw Oliver Stone's JFK movie so long ago (& don't remember many specific details about it), but this book somehow reminds me of the Stone movie....

Update: I finished the book & found it somewhat funny & entertaining. The JFK conspiracy stuff was mostly nothing new to me; I'm
« previous 1 3 next »

• 60 Greatest Conspiracies Of All Time - History's Biggest Mysteries, Cover-ups, And Cabals
  • Above Top Secret: Uncover the Mysteries of the Digital Age
  • Reaching for Glory: Lyndon Johnson's Secret White House Tapes 1964-65
  • Deep Politics and the Death of JFK
  • Everything Is Under Control: Conspiracies, Cults and Cover-ups
  • Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens
  • Psychic Warrior: The True Story of America's Foremost Psychic Spy and the Cover-Up of the CIA's Top-Secret Stargate Program
  • American Conspiracies: Lies, Lies, and More Dirty Lies that the Government Tells Us
  • The Sixties: Years of Hope, Days of Rage
  • The Very Best Men: The Daring Early Years of the CIA
  • The David Icke Guide to the Global Conspiracy: And How to End It
  • The Mammoth Book of Cover-Ups: The 100 Most Terrifying Conspiracies of All Time
  • The Kennedy Conspiracy
  • The Unseen Hand: An Introduction to the Conspiratoral View of History
Belzer is the author of four books, the last two of which were a crime fiction series co-written with Michael Black that featured Belzer as the mystery-solving protagonist. I’m Not a Cop, the first of the two, was published in 2008, followed by the sequel, I’m Not a Psychic, in 2009. Belzer penned UFOs, JFK and Elvis: Conspiracies You Don’t Have to Be Crazy to Believe in 2000, and co-authored How ...more