Start by marking “Add & ADHD Answer Book: Professional Answers to 275 of the Top Questions Parents Ask” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Add & ADHD Answer Book...

Susan Ashley

What can I do to help my child now? What are the symptoms of ADD? What questions will the doctor ask me about my child? Do children with AD/HD qualify for special education? Should I medicate my child?
Published January 10th 2010 by Sourcebooks (first published September 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Add & ADHD Answer Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Add & ADHD Answer Book

Kim Brown
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reference
Great book to get an overview of ADD & ADHD. Written in a way that can be read and understood in small chunks (which is just what I needed).
Beth
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction-read
I liked the format of this book. It was easy to find the sections and questions that pertained to my situation.
Johanne
Dec 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mental-health
liked the Q & A format of this book, made it easy to go through and find precise information. Overall, I’d say the book is fairly basic – a good first overview of the subject, to get basic info and know where to move on from there. It does a fairly decent job at explaining the different aspects of ADD & ADHD, as well as various methods to manage the disorder, including but not limited to medication, and presents ideas for working with teachers and schools. It presents options in a neutr ...more
Annette
Feb 27, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Annette by: Stephanie H.
Shelves: self-help, adhd
I feel that this book is a valuable resource and this is what I like about it:
1) It is written in an easy to read question and answer format.
2) It is NOT filled with hard to understand medical jargon.
3) It is clear and consise; each question is answered in a page or less.

The only thing that I don't like about it is, it gives a rather dismal view for the future of a child diagnosed with ADHD. There is a chart on page 235 that is supposed to help you see the positive side of some of the most commo
Zacksmom Okon
Aug 14, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I agree with another viewer that this book was an easy read - Q&A format, etc. However, reading this book and believing any part of it -- you will surely diagnose everyone in your family with some sort of disease. Honestly, I would have been much better off never picking up this paperback. It's going back to collect dust at Carnegie Library.

Here's the rub - if you read this and diagnose your child with any of the horrific "disabilities" in this book (not just ADD/ADHD) -- you (as the parent)
Carol
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting, add-adhd
I have not completed this entire book, but I think that is also one of the beauties of it. I LOVE the question and answer format of the book. It is very easy to turn to the sections of the book that I have questions about and find some answers. We are just starting on the journey of determining if our child has ADD or ADHD, and have a TON of questions. I love some of the practical advice in this book. There are a lot of tips that we can start to try immediately that I think will help us a lot.
Casey
Nov 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mymap
I found this book to be very informative in an easy to read format. I like the fact that they separate ADD from ADHD. It is also nice to see the legal steps parents can take when receiving resistance from the school. The only downfall to this book is that it mostly focuses on ADHD and not so much on ADD.
Aug 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gives an awesome overview of just about every aspect of ADHD. Very good reference, and the format of the book makes it easy to skip to your specific concern and/or questions. This is certainly a book we will keep for reference for the future.
Kathryn
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good reference book.
Sheila
Sep 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book out of the 6 I read on this topic, more helpful then the others.
Amanda