Start by marking “We” as Want to Read:
We

We

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  109 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
1927. The famous flier's own story of his life and his transatlantic flight, together with his views on the future of aviation. Flying was his trade, his means of livelihood, but the love of it burned in him with a fine passion and his fame gave him a wider scope of usefulness, he announced he would devote himself wholeheartedly to the advance of aeronautics.
Published March 1st 1999 by Buccaneer Books (first published January 1st 1927)

To ask other readers questions about We, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We

Curtiss
Apr 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography, aviation
Charles A. Lindbergh's autobiography up through his remarkable flight across the Atlantic in the Spirit of St. Louis (the other part of "We" of the title), to win the Ortieg prize in 1927. A very readable and inspiring story of an individual's acheivement, and his affinity with a unique aircraft, perhaps the most famous plane and pilot of all time.

My personal edition is the twenty-first impression of the first edition, December 1927; it was old and beat up when I read is a youngster, and my atte
Marsha
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Charles Lindbergh wrote this book soon after his famous historical non-stop flight from New York to Paris on May 20-21, 1927. "We" refers to the relationship he had with his plane, the Spirit of St. Louis, which he flew across the Atlantic in less than 40 hours.

Lindbergh had an interest in flying ever since he was a boy. His first airplane was a Jenny. Used Jenny airplanes were sold to the public after WWI. He writes about flying his Jenny across some states and giving rides to curious people fo
Pat
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read this long ago. Found out about the secrets of his personal life, and it ruined it for me.
Joshua Gates
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book caught my eye while I was browsing an antique store and the beauty of it is that it has local significance. I was purely agape holding this first edition in my hands.

Focusing on his life, Lindbergh details his accounts in this fascinating book. He even describes the specs of each aircraft he flew. This gives the reader some sort of understanding of the advancements in aeronautics at the time when airplanes began use as dropping bombs on enemy trenches. I especially enjoyed his lamentat
Gregory Williams
Aug 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
After reading Scott Berg's "Lindbergh", I had to read the aviator's personal account, created in a hurry to get to press in 1927. It's fine - written with a staccato fact-fact-fact rhythm, but it's of an incredibly impactful event by the auteur of that event - the first non-stop trans-Atlantic flight. Lindbergh was to later pen "The Spirit of St. Louis" with the help of his wife, Anne Morrow Lindbergh, which I will eventually read as well. This one just give me real-time authentic historical con ...more
Dana
Feb 08, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book is really old, I found this at my grandpa's house and there was writing inside and it was from my great great grandma to my great grandpa on his birthday so when I found it it their was a old gum wrapper inside and it was used as a book mark! Their was even some mold on the back since it was so old but even though it is old it is like a memory you can treasure forever. ;)
Bob
Jul 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
A simple but very enjoyable book. Lindbergh was not an author (obviously), but he doesn't pretend to be...he simply tells his story in a layman's voice giving us a personal peek inside the life of someone who made history.

If you're looking for a weekend read with a historical and whimsy flavor..check this one out.
Chase Clark
May 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biographies
I have an old edition of this book and it is a one of my treasured books. I read this book in junior high most likely and loved it. This is a great first-hand story about the earlier days of aviation and the triumph of mankind in conquering new frontiers and setting records.
G.
Jun 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Aviation buffs and Lindbergh fans
Recommended to G. by: Mentioned in Berg's Lindbergh Bio.
This is a beautiful book. The story of Lindbergh's Atlantic flight told simply and shortly after, before his fame became unmanageable. "We" refers to he and his plane. If you see the plane in Washington now, their accomplishment, pilot and plane, is virtually inconceivable.
Frances
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Something in my reading of this book made a mark on my mind and heart which makes me remember WE as the true portrait of Lindbergh. I prefer this telling of his story, rather than his "The Spirit of St. Louis."
Justina Hayden
Aug 17, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Justina by: My parents gave it to me.
This was the first non picture book I ever read; I was just 5 and, as I've never reread it, my memory is pretty hazy. That was 64 years ago.
Jeff Youngblood
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It is RARE for me to read a book completely in one day but I could not put this one down. A great read. History from the pilot himself
Jul 05, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Flying Enthusiasts
He showed that air can be conquered and not something to be feared.
Megan
Aug 06, 2008 rated it liked it
Postponed (too fragile for plane)
KennyO
Not great writing but truly a great first hand story. My copy is from the fourth printing of the first edition and I handle it gingerly.
Tammy
Aug 05, 2011
Sara
Oct 09, 2007
Nina
rated it did not like it
Jun 22, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Wings of Madness: Alberto Santos-Dumont and the Invention of Flight
  • North to the Orient
  • The Big Show: The Greatest Pilot's Story of World War II
  • The Flight of the Century: Charles Lindbergh and the Rise of American Aviation (Pivotal Moments in American History)
  • God Is My Co-Pilot
  • Anne Morrow Lindbergh: Her Life
  • I Could Never Be So Lucky Again
  • Reach for the Sky
  • Stuka Pilot
  • Nothing by Chance
  • John Paul Jones: Sailor, Hero, Father of the American Navy
  • Uncommon Friends: Life with Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Harvey Firestone, Alexis Carrel, and Charles Lindbergh
  • Loss of Eden: A Biography of Charles and Anne Morrow Lindbergh
  • The Fair Maid of Perth
  • Sunday Nights at Seven
  • China's Wings: War, Intrigue, Romance, and Adventure in the Middle Kingdom During the Golden Age of Flight
  • Showtime: A History of the Broadway Musical Theater
  • Lovesick
Son of Charles A. Lindbergh Sr..
Charles Augustus Lindbergh (nicknamed "Slim," "Lucky Lindy" and "The Lone Eagle") was an American aviator, author, inventor, explorer, and social activist.

Lindbergh, then a 25-year old U.S. Air Mail pilot, emerged from virtual obscurity to almost instantaneous world fame as the result of his Orteig Prize-winning solo non-stop on May 20–21, 1927, from Roosevelt Field
More about Charles A. Lindbergh...