Start by marking “A Familiar Dragon: Fanuilh / Wizard's Heir / Beggar's Banquet” as Want to Read:
A Familiar Dragon: Fanuilh / Wizard's Heir / Beggar's Banquet

A Familiar Dragon: Fanuilh / Wizard's Heir / Beggar's Banquet

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Used book in acceptable condition. Binding damaged, pages intact, no liquid damage to pages
Published January 1st 1997 by Guild America Books by arrangement with Ace Books, Penguin Putnam Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A Familiar Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Familiar Dragon

K.A.M. Boham
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
I picked this collection up at my local used bookstore and was thrilled with it. The stories are fantasy/mystery/private detective stories and I liked them so much I tracked down the other two books in the series. I'm looking forward to spending more time with Fanuilh and Liam.
Niffer
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: sf-fantasy
I had read some of the Fanuilh books many years ago--apparently the first, fourth and fifth book, because the second two stories in this collection were completely unfamiliar. The first book in particular was a little awkward. There was a lot of strained phrasing where I felt like the author was just missing the intent he was trying for. The second two books were much smoother reads.

Unfortunately I don't feel like any of the characters in the stories are particularly interesting. I don't much li
Erin
May 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: borrowed
It took me just over nine months to finish this book, and considering the relatively large number of other books I read during that time I think that says a lot. I found this three book collection very lackluster. Number one was okay, but it went downhill from there. I didn't connect with any of the characters and found our protagonist, Liam, particularly boring. No idea why I bothered to finish this.
Tayla36
Mar 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This series has become one of my all time favorites. It reads like a murder mystery, but it has magical elements. It is in a medieval setting, and the murders all involve magic. The lead character, Liam Rhenford, is not a magician but he has inherited the possesions of a wizard who was murdered, including his familiar, a miniature dragon named Fanuilh.
Lauren
Mar 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, own
If I had to pick a favorite book, this would be it. It's a set of three books: Fanuilh, Wizard's Heir, and Beggar's Banquet. The main character, Liam, solves crimes/mysteries and it's all in a fantasy setting (as implied by the title). I've read them over and over again and they never get old.
Kay Gary
Sep 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed all 3 of the books. This is the second time for these books; however, I read them years ago, so had forgotten most of the plots!
Lori
Jul 23, 2008 rated it liked it
I like these stories but wish that there was more interaction between Liam & Fanuilh. Having a mini-dragon as one's familiar would be the best!!
Jenniffer
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If you like Mystery and Fantasy then you'll like this book!
Coleen