Start by marking “Passing the Flame - A Beadmaker's Guide to Detail and Design” as Want to Read:
Passing the Flame - A Beadmaker's Guide to Detail and Design

Passing the Flame - A Beadmaker's Guide to Detail and Design

4.85  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Tettinger. A beadmaker's guide to detail and design. Covers beadmaking from beginning to end. For aspiring beginners, experienced lampworkers and lovers of glass art alike. Hundreds of colorful photos and detailed step-by-step instructions. 222 pages.
Published December 1st 2002 by Bonzobucks & Books Pub

Be the first to ask a question about Passing the Flame - A Beadmaker's Guide to Detail and Design

Terri Carol
Aug 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: lampworkers
I found this book invaluable and I often return to it over and over again.
Elizabeth Stelling
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an essential book for anyone who does or wants to do lampwork beading. It will be used over and over for years.
Melitta
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Interessante per chi come me ha avuto modo di approcciare all’arte della lavorazione del vetro a lume da autodidatta. L’autrice spiega in modo chiaro, con l’ausilio di molte immagini e con un linguaggio semplice (nonostante sia in inglese io sono riuscita benissimo a seguire le spiegazioni) ogni passaggio per la realizzazione di vari tipi di perle di vetro. Esempi, immagini e qualche consiglio rendono questo libro un’ottima guida per chi ha voglia di cimentarsi in quest’affascinante e particolar ...more
Alicia
Mar 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This has been my lampworking bible for the past several years. When I hit a roadblock I pick up this book for inspiration as well as techniques. With "More Than You Want to Know About Lampworking" (or something like that) by Jim Kervin, and Corina's book, you need nothing else. Jim's book has the complete set up for your studio as well as the most important ventilation set up. Corina's book covers many techniques, including my favorite, stringer control.
Jackie
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for beginners and experiences lampworkers alike. Corina offers detailed instructions for making that elusive perfect bead -- covering the mechanics of shaping, how glass behaves in the flame, the way different color glass heats and cools and reacts with other colors and much, much more. She also provides helpful photos for tutorials and lots of ideas for inspiration. This book is a generous gift from one of the best lampworkers out there!
Gail
Jun 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have read many books on glass bead making but Corina's is the best! Tons of information that you normally learn by trial and error and then there is her delightful humor! She has workshops in Florida several times a year....I am going to start saving now. If you could only own ONE book on lampworking - this should be the one to add to your library!
Jay Daze
Jun 14, 2009 rated it really liked it
Really well designed book on soft glass lampwork. Focuses on specific techniques and communicates them well through text and pictures. It doesn't hurt that Corina is a talented, prodigious lampworker. Probably for the beginning and intermediate level...once I can do all this stuff well I'll say I'm at the intermediate level.
Melody
Feb 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Invaluable, incredible and insanely helpful.
Amy
Aug 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lampwork
Great book for anyone starting in glass bead making. 6 years later I still find myself looking through this book. Great attention to detail, and lots of clear photos.
Lori Anderson
Dec 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional book for learning to make glass beads. I appreciate Corina's humor as well as her talent!
Lanzamarie
Dec 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any lampworker
This is a fabulous book and it has been very helpful in building my talents in glass work. It is the most-referenced book in my studio library.
Susan Hasler
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was the beginner's book that I relied on. It's beautiful, well-organized, and well-photographed, and the instructions are easy to follow.
Eunissa