Start by marking “Raw Pain Max” as Want to Read:
Raw Pain Max

Raw Pain Max

From the author of Torture Tomb comes a terrifying novel of supernatural horror in which the reincarnation of a sadistic countess plunges a modern couple into a nightmarish labyrinth of occult terror. Realistically combines contemporary characters with the horror of the macabre.
Published December 1st 1988 by Warner Books (NY) (first published November 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Raw Pain Max, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raw Pain Max

Start your review of Raw Pain Max
Brandon
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Jacob Bruce
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's an S&M themed splatter punk story with lots of genital mutilation and some tentacle demons who live in a frozen lake of blood. I couldn't find much about it that I didn't like.
Bob
Nov 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I can’t remember exactly where I first came across the mention of Raw Pain Max, other than that it was in one of those lists of books that someone felt should be banned, mutilated, and destroyed. Even if the very concept hadn’t piqued my interest, there’s no better recommendation for me than being told NOT to read something.

Yeah, I’m a little bit perverse that way - and if you're at all surprised by that, then you haven't been paying attention.

Yes, the critics are right -
Thomas
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, favorites
I read this years ago. I did a lot of traveling in the pre e-reader world and would often pick up a dozen thrift store novels for each trip. Covers do sell a book. I kept very few of these books - I kept this one.

This is fun, fast, and a bit perverse. Not as raunchy as some of the so called romance and thriller novels out today. I'm on book 41 of J.D. Robb's In Death series.

The switch-up from vampiric to demonic was a nice change of pace. The 80's are what they were and w
M.P. Johnson
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Best Elizabeth Bathory S&M Splatterpunk Novel Ever

This is better than it has any right to be. In part, that is because all of the scenes of fishhook genital torture are balanced out by surprisingly human interactions between the two main characters, a muscle-bound dominatrix and her submissive.
Melanie Nowak
Almaric
Jul 25, 2019
Steven True
Aug 30, 2019
C. Dean Andersson writes Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror. His day-jobs (and night) have included rock band drummer, television graphic designer, US Air Force band percussionist, robotics programmer, and technical writer. His Swedish-born father inspired the Viking Age studies he uses in his tales about the warrior Bloodsong, collected in HELx3: Warrior Witch of Hel, Death Riders of Hel, and W ...more
“Carefully squeezing through the forest of adults that crowded the aisles, feeling like an intruder in a forbidden temple, he cautiously pushed deeper into the newsstand and found a new paperback by a writer whose novel about vampires he had read and reread until the cover was falling apart. There had been an all-black cover on the vampire book. This new one gleamed like polished chrome. It was called THE SHINING, but it cost $2.50 and he had spent all but $1.25 of his weekly allowance on some STAR WARS stuff at the mall.” 2 likes