Start by marking “The G.O.D. Experiments: How Science Is Discovering God in Everything, Including Us” as Want to Read:

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
DOES GOD EXIST ONLY IN OUR HEARTS? According to highly esteemed scientist Gary E. Schwartz, Ph.D., there is compelling scientific evidence that we no longer have to accept God on faith alone. Through a multidisciplinary approach, Harvard University-educated Dr. Schwartz blends psychology, quantum physics, and mathematics to examine the science of spirit. Faith and science ...more
Published April 4th 2006 by Atria Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The G.O.D. Experiments, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The G.O.D. Experiments

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian
"For the record, I should state what is hopefully obvious by now. If you asked me the question 'Are you trying to use science to prove the existence of God?' my response would be, 'Absolutely not. What I am attempting to do is to use the scientific method in an open-minded manner to enable God - if he/she/it/they exist - to prove his existence himself.'"

The G.O.D. Experiments: How Science Is Discovering God In Everything, Including Us by Gary E. Schwartz with William L. Simon. Wow what an intere
Tim
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very satisfying

GARY SCHWARTZ’s “The G.O.D Experiments: How Science is Discovering God in Everything...
Gives us a credible source of information to guide one’s heart
Carol
Jul 09, 2008 rated it did not like it
I should have read John McGraw's review first! I confess that I didn't have the patience to follow the author's "scientific/logical" proofs -- why get in a argument about something I already sense is true? But for those who really want to be serious about this, the book has a 20+ page review and study guide!
Leon
Very disappointing. Remarkable how somebody claiming to be a prominent scientist can get such basic science so wrong. He may have a point here and there but to get to them one must wade through really elementary erroneous assumptions and a lot of waffle that says nothing at all.
Mike Bleed
Jul 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
A waste of time. I don't think the author should be allowed to use the word "experiments" because that sort of implies a scientific experiment. Following a guy around Tucson who guesses at what the trqaffic/weather will be like is not very convincing or entertaining.
Donna
Feb 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommended for anyone who is intrigued byt the idea osf science being able to prove the existence of the supernatural.
Donna
Dec 19, 2014 rated it did not like it
Not compelling. Not even logical.
Cristin
Nov 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a reeeeeeally interesting book
Rachel
Jul 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: yes
That science is proving there is a desinging process of the universe organized by a supreme entity.
Walt
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: esp-nde-rein
Thought-provoking, but too often the author makes a leap that's not justified.
LeAnna
Sep 17, 2010 added it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
Not very well written. Not very compelling evidence, either. Couldn't finish it - only got about a quarter of the way through.
Roy Perera
rated it did not like it
Feb 17, 2014
Myra
Jan 03, 2009 rated it liked it
A great book for the scientifically minded!
Patti
Jan 11, 2009
Britta Rothschild
Jun 02, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Gary E. Schwartz, Ph.D., is Professor of Psychology, Medicine, Neurology, Psychiatry, and Surgery at the University of Arizona, at the main campus in Tucson. In addition to teaching courses on health and spiritual psychology, he is the Director of the Laboratory for Advances in Consciousness and Health.

Gary received his Ph.D. in psychology from Harvard University in 1971 and was an assistant profe
More about Gary E. Schwartz