Start by marking “Mrs Rochester: A Sequel to Jane Eyre” as Want to Read:
Mrs Rochester: A Sequel to Jane Eyre

Mrs Rochester: A Sequel to Jane Eyre

2.6  ·  Rating details ·  42 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Published May 5th 1997 by Simon & Schuster (Trade Division)

To ask other readers questions about Mrs Rochester, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mrs Rochester

Ann
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: irritating
I was fortunate enough to take this books from a library. I would have been more irritated if I had bought it.

So, ten years have passed since Jane Eyre and apparently Jane has changed 180 degrees, I suppose so has Edward. This is not what I would have imagined their lives to turn out. Actually, their lives did not bother me rather than their personalities. Jane became a whiny, weak, self-doubting wife and Edward (even though he is an adult and supposedly become more mature) became angry, jealou
Amalie
Oct 09, 2012 rated it did not like it
Terrible! I'm so glad I checked this book out of the public library and didn't buy. The writing isn't bad, but Bailey has got the characters completely wrong - Each one of them.

I even had my tries with "sequels to" Jane Austen. All I can say is, it's better to stick with the original.

Anyone who LOVES this book should be locked inside the Red Room with Mr. Brocklehurst's continuous sermons.
Marsha
Mar 05, 2010 rated it did not like it
I think it is generally best to leave a good story alone and unless you are the original author you should leave your guess of what happens next in your head. While waiting for my daughter I skimmed and read this at the library. It was on the for sale shelf and I can see why. It might have been a good stand alone story but I didnt like where it took characters that I already loved. Not for me!
Beck
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Although well written and the fact that it was nice to have a sense of closure... I can't help but feel that maybe the author should have left well alone.

Quite often, she was jumping back to Jane Eyre which meant I had to dig out that book to refer back to in order to better understand the story.
Elizabeth Alger
Feb 16, 2011 rated it it was ok
A stupid book - I vowed I'd never read one of these classics' 'sequels' again after wasting my time with 'Pemberley' some years ago... but this was a freebie, so I did... and wish I hadn't. I've given it two stars rather than one because it managed to keep me vaguely entertained.
Kristina Seleshanko
Apr 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Naturally this is not as good as the original, "Jane Eyre," but it's still a fun read: How did the infamous fire at Thornfield *really* start? And does Edward still have secrets?
Moni33
rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2014
Haley
Mar 28, 2011
Hilary Bailey was a British writer, critic and editor.
More about Hilary Bailey...