Start by marking “Messages from the Masters: Tapping into the Power of Love” as Want to Read:
Messages from the Masters: Tapping into the Power of Love

Messages from the Masters: Tapping into the Power of Love

The true story of a prominent psychiatrist, his young patient, and the past-life therapy that changed both their lives.

Published April 1st 2001 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Messages from the Masters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Messages from the Masters

Owlseyes on notre dame, it's so strange a 15-hour blaze and...
NEW EDITION

I've been reading and watching materials on Dolores Cannon [hypnotherapist and regressionist (past-lives regression), it’s been 40 years]. Doctor Weiss' results are quite similar to those of Dolores. Yet, she started earlier.
2nd of July 2013

My commentary on Dolores may be seen here:

Doctor Brian Weiss is a psychiatrist. He got his major in Chemistry from Columbia University, and his specialty at the Yale Medical School.

This book is about a tren
Agnes Ross
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I took my time and read this slowly. I hesitated to get this book and to read it. I was afraid the idea of reincarnation and having past lives would make sense to me and that I would believe it! And sure enough, I did and I do!! I hesitate to say this because most people already know I have a mental illness, and that belief makes me seem crazier, flakier, or whatever. The times I've listened to Hollywood stars taught about reincarnation and past lives and thought, "Oh, WHA WOO!" But Brian Weiss ...more
Savitri
May 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I read this after reading Many Lives Many Masters. This book, IMHO, is as good as his first one. I've always been afraid of dieing, esp. a painful death or going to hell, but this book has helped me calm down a bit and realize that it won't be that bad. There's a lot of love and emotions after death and it's just comforting to know that I'll be seeing all the people who's left me and all the people I've left behind one day again.
Julie
Aug 02, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: someone who recently lost someone or is interested in the options of afterlife
while you may or may not believe this guy, this book is a very interesting opinion of the afterlife/beforelife. he speaks of clients that he hypnotized to get in touch with their other lives. they see people in other lives that are in their current life. i would recommend it to someone who is open minded about religion & afterlife type stuff.
Miguel
Jul 23, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: resenha-sqf
(...)
Dos seis livros qua actualmente encontram-se publicados pela Pergaminho de Brian Weiss, este não é, de todo, o seu melhor trabalho, porque para quem já leu um ou dois títulos do autor 'A Divina Sabedoria dos Mestres' torna-se um pouco repetitivo. É sim, um livro propício para o leitor que pretenda ler um primeiro livro deste autor norte-americano, que tem um séquito fiel de admiradores por todo o mundo. Mas Brian Weiss também gera controvérsia; muitos são os críticos que lançam admoestações
Michelle
Dec 02, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: metaphysical
Not his best work. It was repetitive, and in some paragraphs quotes were used from other books not written by himself which should have been clarified. For anyone who has not read a lot of books on the metaphysical though, would enjoy it.
Rachel Mowat
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There is no star rating that can really explain how amazing this book is. This man is a true guru, teacher for all of us. I treasure this, and all his books, very dearly.
Vibha Laljani
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Reading Dr. Brian Weiss' works always makes me feel Zen. Loved this book. This is one of those books, though, that can't be read in a rush. I always felt like after I read patches, I needed to contemplate on those. This reading has allowed me to set some new goals for myself :)
Kashmira Gohil
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a collector’s item to read again. In succession to the first book in series (Many lives, many masters) regarding patient past life regression analysis, in this 2nd book, Dr. Brain Weiss talks about the messages from the spiritual masters. Whether you believe in past life and reincarnation or not, these messages are described and explained so beautifully that you know and inherently realize that each message is anything but a profound universal truth.
Sample this-‘The patience and ti
suchi
Jul 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
A life enhancing and empowering book. Throws light on the intricate subjects like reincarnation, hypnosis, NDE, post death experience, regression activity. The book re-emphasizes the fact that a soul never dies, it just gets liberated from the body and transcends to the next body. Brian has also explained the steps to under go a state of hypnosis. There are many examples cited for the people who have experienced the regression process and have experienced a much better state of heart and mind.
A
Steph Hundt
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
A friend recommended that I read this book after she had read it during a difficult time in her life. The book talks about the idea of reincarnation and past lives. She said after reading the book that she was sure we had known each other in a past life and I had been her mother, sister, or aunt. I thought that was such a sweet compliment that I had to give this book a shot.
I consider myself to a be a pretty open-minded person but when this book started to give examples of people who had been
Wildcat-Mimi
Mar 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
excellent book.. although i do not claim to be part of any religious sect I do believe that many of the stories felt true to what I believe.
I learned that maybe it is not the religion you are part of, but rather the quality of life and lessons you have learned within your life which directs you down different paths and towards various sets/ if not the same people through your reincarnation.

I really loved this book. My father passed this year and I found comfort in knowing that I will most likel
Amanda
Apr 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
after having read the previous two books by Dr. Brian Weiss i've slowed down with one, but it is still wonderful and does go further into the meat of the true purpose of his experiences as a Psychiatrist working with past life regression... the messeges from in the in between lives states. It's so very affirming.
Julia
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good reminder and practical applications of spiritual principles

This book is a courageous and beautiful reminder that faith in the eternity of spirit, a spiritual practice of meditation and trusting intuition heals and enhances one’s life. I am well. All is well.
rishi
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A spiritual journey in 250 pages

This is probably the best series of books I have ever read on the subject of spirituality. It provides the deepest spiritual insights into the existence of life on Earth.
Susan Burris
Aug 31, 2007 rated it really liked it
Interesting and thought provoking. If you are ardently Christian it may bump against some of your beliefs.
Chelsea Green
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
He perfectly walks the line between 'crazy' and 'eye-opening'.
Jen
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are different levels of learning, and we must learn some of them in the flesh. We must feel the pain. When you're a spirit you feel no pain. It is a period of renewal. Your soul is being renewed. When you're in physical state in the flesh, you can feel pain; you can hurt. In spiritual form you do not feel. There is only happiness, a sense of well-being. But it's a renewal period for... us. The interaction between people in the spiritual form is different. When you are in physical state...
Brad
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brian's first book that I read "Many Lives, Many Masters" was incredible and I highly recommend it. "Many Lives, Many Masters" was a great extension of this book. Many of the same principles were repeated in this book, but he goes into a lot more detail through his continued experience. This is one of those books I had a hard time putting down because I was so eager to learn and read more. Wonderful book for anyone looking to advance in the spiritual journey.
Nenina
Apr 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
Estuvo increíble! Ahora quiero continuar leyendo los otros libros de Brian Weiss ya que fue mi primero. Dijo muchas cosas muy ciertas y se me hace fascinante las experiencias de sus pacientes o de la gente con la que se ha topado. Es importante leer este tipo de libros porque te dan una perspectiva diferente y espiritual de la vida, más amplia de lo que es la realidad.
Me gustó mucho.
Sanzie Roberts
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Read

Mind expanding information. Would highly recommend this to anyone seeking Spiritual knowledge and Truth. Need more like this one and plan to keep seeking and growing and reading his works.
Shazza Jones
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ive read lots of books on this theme,but this is one of the best.
It`s full of stories,meditations and wisdom.I was especially interested
in the past life regression sections,and could proove very comforting to people
who are greiving.
I will read it again and again!
Jacquelyn Levine
Great read

I love all Brian Weiss readings. This was a great summary of all his works. Quick easy read! I recommend
Linda Stelmaszyk
First book much better
Amanda
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even if you don’t believe in past lives and reincarnation, it’s a great book to read to view life in a different way and how to cope easily with hardships.
Marlene M. Oaks
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Fascinating

His easy to read book has life changing possibilities, especially for people who are beginning to explore consciousness. I really enjoyed it.
Ambika Akhoury
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another gem from the wonderful, Dr Brian Weiss. Stories to help you open your mind up to new experiences.
Ricky Niedzalkowski
Nov 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
Rubbish
John
Apr 09, 2016 added it
This is Weiss elaborating and interpreting things from the Masters in Many Lives, Many Masters. He does a fine job. But if you are looking for more stuff from "The Masters," I doubt this is a good choice. Some favorite excerpts:

pg 74
In Carole’s family there is a saying that has come down through the years that the greatest sin is to take away someone's neshumah. Translated from the Yiddish, the expression means that it is a sin to take away another's joy, or, more colloquially, to rain on someon
Adrien Caudron
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another enlightening book from Brian Weiss

This book sums up the revelations and spiritual evolutions that Brian Weiss experienced after the events of his first book "many lives/many masters".

In MLMM, Brian Weiss was very doubtful about his own findings and his scientific academic mind was reluctant to admit the possibily of reincarnation and past lifes experiences.

In Messages from the Master, 12 years later, Brian Weiss has totally surrendered to the accumulated evidence and now strongly belie
  • Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
  • Glimpses of Eternity: Sharing a Loved One's Passage from This Life to the Next
  • Lessons from the Light: What We Can Learn from the NearDeath Experience
  • Spiritual Partnership: The Journey to Authentic Power
  • The Survival of the Soul
  • Courageous Souls: Do We Plan Our Life Challenges Before Birth?
  • Many Mansions: The Edgar Cayce Story on Reincarnation
  • The Wheel of Life: A Memoir of Living and Dying
  • Unfinished Business: What the Dead Can Teach Us About Life
  • A Guide for the Advanced Soul: A Book of Insight Tag - Hold a Problem in Your Mind
  • Shakkai: Women of the Sacred Garden
  • Crossing Over
  • Children's Past Lives: How Past Life Memories Affect Your Child
  • Between Death & Life: Conversations with a Spirit
  • Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens
As a traditional psychotherapist, Dr. Brian Weiss was astonished and skeptical when one of his patients began recalling past-life traumas that seemed to hold the key to her recurring nightmares and anxiety attacks. His skepticism was eroded, however, when she began to channel messages from "the space between lives," which contained remarkable revelations about Dr. Weiss's family and his dead son. ...more
“Forgive the past. It is over. Learn from it and let go. People are constantly changing and growing. Do not cling to a limited, disconnected, negative image of a person in the past. See that person now. Your relationship is always alive and changing.” 1238 likes
“One of the most important of life´s lessons is to learn independance, to understand freedom. This means independence from attachments, from results, from opinions, and from expectations. Breaking attachments leads to freedom, but breaking attachments does not mean abandoning a loving and meaningful relationship, a relationship that nourrishes your soul. It means ending dependency on any person or thing. Love is never a dependency.” 256 likes