Start by marking “Schwesternmord (Rizzoli & Isles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Schwesternmord (Rizzoli & Isles, #4)

Schwesternmord

(Rizzoli & Isles #4)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  42,123 ratings  ·  1,612 reviews
Der vierte Fall für Detective Jane Rizzoli und die Pathologin Maura Isles -- lesen Sie einen Textauszug (pdf-Download).

Als die Gerichtsmedizinerin Dr. Maura Isles von einer Paris-Reise nachts ins heimische Boston zurückkehrt, erwartet sie eine unangenehme Überraschung: Ihr Haus ist von Polizisten umlagert. Gleichzeitig reagieren Isles Kollegen schockiert auf ihre Ankunft,
Published December 11th 2006 by Blanvalet (first published August 17th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Schwesternmord, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kim
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  42,123 ratings  ·  1,612 reviews

Paige  Bookdragon
Minus one star because of Maura Isles.That bitch...

description

Look. The book is okay, the suspense is alright, the gory things are fun, Jane Rizzoli has evolved into something tolerable and she's less whiny now compared to the first and second book, but let's not rejoice yet people. Someone just has to destroy my happiness and that is Maura.

If there's such thing as a classy slut, then you gotta give it to her. On the third book, The Sinner I was already giving her the evil eye because of her character. Le
Paula
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When a murdered woman turns out to be Dr. Maura Isles’s twin sister that she never knew about, Maura starts searching for answers about her biological parents. The more she learns, the more she wonders if some things are better left not knowing. This was a thoroughly captivating read with some genuinely chilling moments. Disturbing and a bit twisted, as well. It kept surprising me throughout.
Jean
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Body Double: The title of Tess Gerritsen’s fourth Rizzoli & Isles thriller is what it implies. Dr. Maura Isles returns home from Paris feeling jetlagged and irritated after a medical conference. Her flight was delayed. Her baggage was lost. Now she encounters a confusing, unthinkable scene as the taxi approaches her home. She can’t even get to her door, as the yellow police tape and squad cars block her entrance. Maura is not the only one who is shocked and bewildered. Everyone who sees her ...more
Jonetta
Maura Isles returns home from a business trip abroad to find a very strange reception. There are emergency vehicles clogging her street with neighbors and friends within the Boston Police Department looking at her as if they’d seen a ghost. That’s because the dead woman in the car in front of her house is her doppelgänger. But, she soon learns she’s more than a random lookalike...she’s the twin sister she never knew she had!

Obviously, this book grabs you from the very beginning and it never let
Lain
Nov 30, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love thrillers, but I hate the type where every page is a blood bath, and the author focuses more on grossing out the reader than on trying to create a good story.

That's why I am so happy to have discovered Tess Gerritsen. She offers a page-turner that actually has a plot that makes me want to keep reading.

Body Double is one of my first Gerritsen books, but I wasn't hampered by the fact that I wasn't familiar with the characters. The author does a great job of making everyone accessible, whi
Fred
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Tess Gerritsen Fans Group Link - My Second Read

Click on the above link to review & make suggestions to other Rizzoli & Isles series reads.

Det. Jane Rizzolli is now 8 months pregnant & was married to Gabriel Dean (FBI Agent) by Father Brophy (in "The Sinner" book)!

Dr. Maura Isles returns home to her Boston's suburb (Brookline) home. Jane finds the dead body shot looking identical to Maura. The body's DNA & blood type matches Maura. Driver license issued 4 months ago lists "Anna
Erin
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2019, tv-series
I think the deeper into a book series you get the harder it is to write a review. Because all the things I enjoyed about the book are things that only make sense if you read the books that came before it.

In Body Double Dr. Isles is shocked to discover that a murdered woman looks exactly like her.

How nuts would it be, to see your doppelganger dead?

Dr. Isles with the help of Detective Jane Rizzoli set out to investigate who this woman was and why she died. As with all the book in this series the
Jim
The story opens with Dr. Maura Isles, the Boston medical examiner, in Paris. She had been attending a medical conference and now on her last day in Paris she is doing some touristy things. Museums, cafes, watching the tourists, and contemplating "what if". Then it is back to reality. Her plane is three hours late in departing, on arriving back in Boston she finds her luggage is lost, she is jet lagged. Could things get any worse? Yes! She takes a taxi home and is dozing in the back seat when she ...more
Krissy
My favorite of the series so far
Aoibhínn
I just finished this book this afternoon and I utterly enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. I was completely gripped from the first page. The book is full of twists and turns and I was totally not expecting that ending! It was the first crime novel that I've read in a long time where I was wrong about who the killer was (I normally guess the killer correctly before I'm halfway through the book). I'm looking forward to reading some more of Tess's books in the future :)

PS: I also watch the TV show
Gary
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 4th book in the Medical thrillers by Tess Gerritsen.
I love this series the plots and the characters are carefully sculptured making an excellent read.
Brenda
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: suspense/thriller lovers
Tess Gerritsen has done it again! And this one was amazing!

Boston medical examiner, Dr Maura Isles, was relaxing for a few days in Paris after a conference before heading home, and back to work. When she arrived back in Boston, she discovered the airlines had lost her luggage, so after filling in lost property forms, she finally hailed a cab to take her home. She was exhausted from the long flight, so when she roused herself from the doze she'd been in, the cabbie was braking hard, and talking
Sheila Beaumont
The best yet in the series. Loved it!
Martha
Oct 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love all the books with Dr. Maura Isles and Det Jane Rizzoli
Fergie
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Being a fan of the hit TNT television show, Rizzoli & Isles, I felt drawn to the books that inspired the characters. Tess Gerritsen vividly brings Boston homicide detective, Jane Rizzoli, and medical examiner, Dr. Maura Isles, to life in the pages of this book. This is not the first book in the series, but one doesn't need to have read the prior novels to understand what's occurring in the plot. Gerritsen backtracks to prior knowledge when it's needed to discuss pertinent backstory. I chose ...more
J.R.
Aug 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
Dr. Maura Isles comes home to Boston from a medical conference in Paris to discover police investigating a murder just outside her home. And the victim is her exact double.

DNA tests reveal the murder victim is, in fact, her twin sister, though the doctor, an adoptee, wasn’t aware she had any siblings. Subsequent investigation discloses she and her twin were sold to a baby broker lawyer by a psychotic woman serving a life term for a double homicide. Could that woman be their mother?

The story proc
Jaksen
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-series
Finished on Groundhog Day!

And, it seems I'm reading a book a day. Wow. But I shall soon sloooooooow doooooooown.

And one more: Superbowl Sunday! Yay! Go ----

Jane Rizzoli, Boston police detective and eight months pregnant, along with Maura Isles, forensic scientist living alone and hating it, are set to investigate the murder of a woman found in a car outside Maura's house. Problem is the woman is the spitting image of Maura herself! Doppelganger? Aye, 'tis so, and is this just another tropey, 'd
Amanda McGill
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
For full review - The Limit of Books Does Not Exist

Each book in this series keeps getting better and better! Body Double is the 4th novel in the Rizzoli & Isles series (you may recognise the name from the TV show). This book really gets into details about Maura’s past as she learns that she had a twin sister and her mother is still alive. She was adopted as a young child and obvious this news threw her through a loop!

It took me a bit to get into things, but once they did, I had to keep readi
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book in the Rizzoli and Isles series. I liked getting more background on Maura's life, although if I were her it would definitely be unsettling. Weaving past history and past murders to the current murder was an interesting plot and a good read.

My only complaint is I would have definitely liked more in the epilogue. Unfortunately in series like this there seldom is that thorough of epilogue with all the players in the plot.
Mark Harrison
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Glorious murder fest in a great series. Any plot mention would give something away but Isles finds out about the dark history of her family, Rizzoli works some gruesome murders whilst eight months pregnant and the body count is high. Brilliant twists here and there and a high speed thrill fest from start to end. Darned good stuff.
David
Aug 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tess Gerritsen has done it again! A thriller that is high on suspense, tension and plot and low on the confronting gore that thwarts so many of the books in this genre.
Dr. Maura Isles arrives home from an overseas conference to discover police investigating a murder just outside her home. The victim is her exact double and turns out to be the identical twin sister Maura never knew she had.
This of course poses many more questions than answers for an adopted-at-birth person such as Maura. Why wa
Whitney
Jun 04, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book much more than the other Tess Gerritsen book I read, Vanished. This one was quick and entertaining. Unfortunately, I don't think this was the next one in sequence like I thought it was. She made references to things that happened in other books that I haven't read yet so that kind of ruined it. I can't read The Surgeon now becuase this book gave away the ending. I found Maura and Jane to be more likable this time around. I didn't know what to think about Ballard until the end ...more
Marla
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Another great audio book about Rizzoli and Dr. Isles. This time it was focused on Dr. Isles and her life. Someone is murdered outside her house who is identical to Dr. Isles. This starts a path that Maura starts to wonder if she should have gone down. There are lots of twits and turns and second guesses on who did it. It has a shocker to the end. There are some creepy characters and some characters you grow to like. I find while listening to this series I tend to arrive at my destination not kno ...more
Lewis Weinstein
I just read The Likeness by Tana French and now I'm reading this. In both, the story is about a dead woman who looks exactly like the main character who now has to investigate the murder. Strange. LATER ... the stories are totally different.

This was a solid investigative thriller, with some surprises. A quality read.
Sheila Myers
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
This is the first in the Rizzoli and Isles series I've read. Great character development and an exciting plot. I like how it's full of twists and turns right up until the end. I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
Matt
Jul 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
Gerritsen tackles the 'nature versus nurture' debate in this next book in the Rizzoli and Isles series. A great thriller, filled with familial bonding and questions about one's upbringing with or without parents.
Bev Smith
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet again Tess Gerristen has had me hooked! I'm aware that perhaps I should be reading her books in order but actually she has done a brilliant job in engaging me.
Heidi
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-goal, mysteries
Another well-written installment in the Rizzoli and Isles partnership. This one focuses on Isles and a shocking murder that hits too close to home for Maura.

But just because Rizzoli is super pregnant, don’t write her out of the action. And the secondary thread, which is the real thriller, also becomes a bit personal to Jane.

I love these ladies but I gotta admit, I just can’t see Jane as a Mom, but maybe that’s what I like about this series... it keeps moving forward and the characters keep gro
Aneca
I was thinking of pacing myself and save Gerritsen's books for a rainy day but the truth is that I can't resist them and one of these days I grabbed Body Double.

One of the things that I am greatly enjoying with Gerritsen is how she writes an opening scene that, apparently, has nothing to do with what happens next. I the previous book I kept thinking of that opening scene and wondering what it was all about. This time I already knew she was going to surprise me with a connection.

The focus in this
Siobhan
Oct 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The fourth book in the Rizzoli and Isles series is another book which offers insight into the enigma that is Isles. With a fabulous story, you will be hooked throughout as you learn more and more about the past of one of the main characters. Many reviews of the Rizzoli and Isles books suggest that Isles is the favoured of the two characters in most people’s eyes, therefore putting this book quite high up on their favourite list when it comes to the series. Whilst such may not be the case for me ...more
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question N 5 7 Jul 17, 2018 06:17AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question D 5 4 Jul 17, 2018 06:16AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question M 4 4 Jul 17, 2018 12:30AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question C 4 4 Jul 17, 2018 12:06AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question L 3 3 Jun 26, 2018 03:12AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question K 3 3 Jun 26, 2018 03:06AM
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Question J 3 3 Jun 26, 2018 03:00AM

• Hide (Detective D.D. Warren, #2)
  • Grave Secrets (Temperance Brennan, #5)
  • Flesh and Bone (Body Farm #2)
  • Faithless (Grant County, #5)
  • At the Stroke of Madness (Maggie O'Dell, #4)
  • Dead Secret (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation, #3)
  • The Face of Death (Smoky Barrett, #2)
  • Dead Run
  • Hiding in the Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit #2; Shadows #2)
Internationally bestselling author Tess Gerritsen took an unusual route to a writing career. A graduate of Stanford University, Tess went on to medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, where she was awarded her M.D.

While on maternity leave from her work as a physician, she began to write fiction. In 1987, her first novel was published. Call After Midnight, a romantic thriller

Rizzoli & Isles (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Surgeon (Rizzoli & Isles, #1)
  • The Apprentice (Rizzoli & Isles, #2)
  • The Sinner (Rizzoli & Isles, #3)
  • Vanish (Rizzoli & Isles, #5)
  • The Mephisto Club (Rizzoli & Isles, #6)
  • The Keepsake (Rizzoli & Isles, #7)
  • Ice Cold (Rizzoli & Isles, #8)
  • The Silent Girl (Rizzoli & Isles, #9)
  • Last to Die (Rizzoli & Isles, #10)
  • Die Again (Rizzoli & Isles, #11)
“We are all descended from monsters.” 30 likes
“Even divorce, she thought, cannot erase all the bonds forged by years of marriage. Long after the papers are signed, decrees notarized, the ties still remain. And the most powerful tie of all is written in a child's flesh and blood.” 25 likes