Start by marking “Lupe” as Want to Read:
Lupe

Lupe

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  122 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published July 12th 1978 by Ballantine Books (first published 1977)

Rebecca McNutt
Lupe wasn't bad, in fact I really enjoyed reading it, but I think it would've been better with a more diverse vocabulary.
Lorna
Jun 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Possibly one of the scarest books I have every read. Of course I read it when I was 15 years old.
Bliss
Aug 14, 2009 rated it liked it
This book was horribly gruesome and scary.

For some odd reason, I JUST recalled reading this after having NOT thought about this book in over 20 years. I must have blocked it out for some reason. Maybe it traumatized me!
Joshua
May 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Phenomenal satanic novel mixed with crime and the utmost bizarre. Great twist at the end too. A personal guilty pleasure of mine.
Ernie
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a very scary read that will stay with you for a long time. The plot builds to a WICKED twist at the very end. It will make you shake your head and go..."Damn. That is just evil!" It just sticks in your head. Very well done. I recommend it to horror enthusiasts. It is out of print. There are a few on the system here so line up and get one! The only downside I have with this book comes from the fact that I have a legal background. I caution those with legal training that they may have ...more
Chiio
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Intenso, Morboso, misterio total, la pobre casi se vuelve loca! Sus “visiones” o “encuentros” con Lupe me parecieron escalofriantes, Dios ¡Que penita! Estuve muy metida en la trama casi podía sentir la desesperación del personaje es increíblemente difícil cuando todo en lo que confías de repente no es lo que parece y la pobre siendo culpada de todo, en fin, me encantó ;)
Ziona
Jul 07, 2008 rated it really liked it
I picked this one up in a used book store for about 89 cents. It called to me. It's a very unusual book about a demon boy and a woman who gets caught up in a plan between the boy and her friend. It is scary and perverted, but it's one of those you can't look away from, not even the gruesome bits.
Vivian
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
I read this book when it first came out in the late 70s or early 80s. I was about 14 or 15 and it scared me so much that I threw it out because I didn't want it in the house. I was that scared. To this day I remember the creepy cover art of the child's face with scary eyes and I get shivers...
Brian
Feb 24, 2007 rated it it was ok
from the back cover: "....Emily whose only hope may be a grotesque eleven-year-old boy with a demonic sexual craving..." uh, what can you say?
Trudi
May 09, 2011 rated it did not like it
I should have stopped reading this way before the end.
Johanna Denton
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Scariest book I have ever read. Actually remember having to leave the light on after I finished reading it in the wee hours of the morning. Loved it!
Edwina Callan
Jul 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014, bookcrossing
Creepy and twisted = my kinda book.
I really enjoyed this one.
Aaron Mendez
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
En general es bastante bueno, tiene personajes inteligentes, la historia aunque pareciera de demonios o exorcismos es más bien de brujería y vejaciones acompañado de una trama legal muy absorbente. La narrativa si levanta algunas cejas, espero que sean cuestiones de traducción, pero la lectura resulta muy fluida. El suspenso se mantiene toda la novela. Las discusiones entre matrimonio llegan a ser algo cansadas y desesperantes. A mi parecer tiene tres finales; el del proceso legal (bastante bási ...more
Dalia
Jul 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Decidí leerlo porque a todo el mundo que conocía le había gustado y asustado mucho, pero me llevé una gran decepción. No está mal, un poco escaso de vocabulario. En cuanto al argumento muy predecible para mí, sabía quién estaba detrás de todo desde el primer momento casi, y el cómo "resuelven" la situación es sinceramente muy molesto: todo el libro dándole vueltas a cómo sobrellevar o solucionar lo ocurrido para que al final y en 5 minutos de decisión por parte de los personajes decidan solucion ...more
Sean Mcdonough
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Good blend of the supernatural and the natural. Great ending.
Erik
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
I picked it up years ago for a quarter and it was amazing.
Lee
Nov 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
I believe this was another of my drunk purchases, I honestly don't remember ordering it, it just arrived one day.

I normally stick with possessions and poltergeist books but as this was a straight up horror I thought I'd give it a go, it's a difficult one to nail down, is it about a ghost, is it about some kind of demonic possession, is it about witches?

I have to say I quite liked the witchy side of it and its something I've never really delved into before so I may have to read up on the Salem wi
Jeff
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Jeff by: Discovered it on my own.
1st Read: January 16, 1997 - January 26, 1997 (*** Rating)

The first part of this book was really good, then it lost its luster shortly after. When I arrived at Chapter 30, the story took off once more and regained my interest up to the end of the book. In time, I will read it again and have a new opinion formed.

2nd/Final Read: August 12, 2017 - August 13, 2017 (** Rating)

Forty years ago, this was probably good horror/suspense. It just doesn't stand the test of time for me. Fast paced writing
Sep 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Buena historia, con una onda a El exorcista y el bb de Rosemary pero diferente... me gustó mucho, se lee rápido, tiene pocos personajes, que son sólidos y bien desarrollados... tiene trama judicial, en fin, me gustó y recomiendo su lectura.
Marcus Haus
Rebecca
rated it it was ok
Oct 25, 2011
Laura Ballard
rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2018

• Burying the Honeysuckle Girls
  • Ilsa: A Novel
  • Into the Free
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Persian Boy (Alexander the Great, #2)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Get It Together, Delilah!
  • Mademoiselle Chanel
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette (P.S.)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Orphan Master's Son
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Sisters One, Two, Three
    $4.99 $1.99
  • This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance!
    $15.95 $1.99
  • Yellow Star
  • Miramont's Ghost
  • I Am Livia
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Play of Death (The Hangman's Daughter, #6)
  • Requiem for a Dream: A Novel
  • I Don't Know How She Does It: The Life of Kate Reddy, Working Mother
  • The Eagle Tree
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Helen of Sparta (Helen of Sparta #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shaman (The Cole Trilogy)
  • The Things That Keep Us Here
  • Halsey Street
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Woodlands (Glenbrooke, #7)