Start by marking “Ice” as Want to Read:
Ice

Ice

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  1,521 Ratings  ·  89 Reviews
The last time Maggie Campbell and Alexandra Blake worked together, they both received two-week suspensions. This time...it's worse.

Ice begins when a boy is kidnapped from a London park and Detective Inspectors Alex Blake and Maggie Campbell are brought together to work on the case. While their goal is the same, their work ethics are not. Intelligent, perceptive and at time
Published November 25th 2012 by Lyn Gardner via Amazon (first published November 18th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice

Diane
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Amazing read! romantic with good storytelling and was very climatic to read...i do encourage everyone to take a look at this greatly pace love story because its really good and well written..
Alex is The Romance Fox
A beautiful love story that’s brilliantly written, with incredible characters and a unique plot.

Detective Inspectors Maggie & Alex have a long not so great history together, which has led to bad feelings between the two for the last three years.

They are total opposites – Alex is stubborn and will bend the rules whilst Maggie does everything by the book.
Thrown together again to work on an investigation, they are forced by circumstances(view spoiler)
Sprinkles
Man, I had an :o face for the first half of this story because it got so INTENSE. Then, they were stuck out in the freezing elements and Gardner never thankfully let that threat pass. I bow to her awesome sense of setting. I also bow to Alex and Maggie's romantic development. When the frost of their interactions melted, warmth (and yummm hotness) permeated the remainder of the story. I almost didn't want them to return to the real world.

Bonus points to Lyn Garder books for always having nice co
Les Read
Feb 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lyn Gardner, if you ever stumble across this review, I have one question for you. When the HECK are you going to release another novel?!?!?! No pressure or anything, of course. :-) Your books are really a source of joy and uh… warmth, especially on cold winter nights. Readers, if you’ve read any of her novels, you know what I mean. *Nudge Nudge*

Almost immediately after I finished Give Me A Reason, I purchased Ice. True to Gardner’s style in Give Me A Reason, there is an intensity to the storylin
Starsandsun
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now that I've read all Lyn Gardner's books it's safe to assume that she like to write on strong women, I mean typical ice queen with a soft heart.
Ice is been with me for quite awhile now and I'm happy that I finally decided to read it. I think she's my new go to author. I like her writing style.
Both Alex and Maggie got strong personalities and I'm just waiting who will back down first, Enemies to friends to lover. Typical I know but i like the thrill.
The ending was a bit dreamy but I'll take i
Amy
Dec 14, 2012 rated it liked it
enjoyed the book, was a little disappointed that there was not more story between the last chapter and the epilogue.
Maria
Jan 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I always love some from enemies to lovers trope, even more with two main characters that are strong and accomplished women. Alex enamored me with her temper and her love for her dogs, but later on her skills and relentlessness to save Maggie did it for me. Their banter made the book light considering the rough situation they find themselves in, although the affair felt rushed. Their chemistry is obvious, yet that they were in love with each other from the beginning doesn't feel realistic at all. ...more
Diana
Jul 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Diana by: Serena
Shelves: fiction
This is a very enjoyable story with a good mix of angst, funny, sweet and hot moments. And the complicated situations the main characters go thru the most part of the book are the reason this couple could acknowledge their real feelings.

(view spoiler)
Cee Jelly
May 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: femalexfemale, so-so
This book has a nice premise, but everything else is either weak or mediocre.

The writing is messed up in places, povs are switched too suddenly, the narrative just can't decide on whether to call people by their first or last names. Expositions are really stale, and dumping expo into characters' dialogues doesnot in any ways make it better.

And that is just minor annoyances, the real beast that ruined the book for me is the romance. I honestly think that making the women love each other before t
Serena
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
What an excellent book! I really enjoyed every page. I was sorry when it ended. Great characters, great story and great chemistry. It was exciting, romantic, funny and sexy. A real page turner! This was the first book I read by Lyn Gardner, but after this book I want more.I'm curious about the book: Give Me A Reason, this book also gets a lot of good reviews. Ice is now in my favorites list and I will definitely read it again. I think the cover of Ice is very beautiful.
Female Person
May 30, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lgbt
I can't believe someone published this. This story is more suitable in a fanfiction website. Actually I've read better fanfictions.
Pin
I really enjoyed this book. Once I started, I just could not put it down.
Anja
Nov 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was an unexpected gem of a find. It was really well written and an absolute page turner from the first page right through to the very last. I simply couldn't put this down until I knew the outcome.

This is a story of survival against a back drop of ice and freezing temperatures. The scenic descriptions had me shivering although I was cosy and warm in my home.

I loved both these characters, they are multidimensional and a delight to get to know. I particularly liked the way they set out h
Iara
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
You know that gif that says ‘it’s not realistic? It’s just not realistic’? That’s how I felt reading this book. Maggie’s fever is not realistic. Alex being able to do all that with her injuries is not realistic. Their wounds being perfectly fine after all that is not realistic. Them being in love with each other for 3 years after working together for 2 weeks is unrealistic. Going from arguing to calling each other sweetheart in a night is not realistic. I could keep going.

I had high hopes for th
Zingari
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: les-be-honest
This has been in my want-to-read for some time.

I wish I had read it sooner.

This was such great story telling by the author. I didn't want to put it down. I loved the two main characters, and I loved the story. This will definitely be read again.

I don't have much to say because it was just simply that good. I will say though, that after waking from a nightmare I thought back to the ending of this book and it eased my stress quite a bit. I was able to smile a little, and that's not usual after suc
Inkmarks OnEmptyDreams
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"Ice" is one of my favorite LGBT books so far. I enjoyed it so much, because of the amazing rush of the character’s temper, their personalities both private and professional are so different, yet still the’re drawn together by attraction, danger and above all, life rescue.

Alex Blake and Maggie Campbell are police officers in the same station, but in different teams.

Alex is a former model, stunning attractive and with a temper that blows your mind and patie
Asli Fratarcangeli
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
What an incredibly well written, romantic novel! I've read romance novels before and have enjoyed them; but there's something about the way that Lyn Gardner writes! She is able to bring up such fierce emotions in her characters ... From the overwhelming fear brought on from the plan crash, to the fierce love and passion that are shared by Maggie and Alex.

I enjoyed how Maggie and Alex are total opposites, and yet they complemented each other famously. In some ways, they are very similar as well.
Cornelia
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was ok
Honestly, I only got through half the book before giving up, and what I did read could easily be summed up as Lesbians Suck at Medical Care.

The pacing of the book is seriously off. Why would I want to read page after page with cruddily performed medical assistance?

(view spoiler)
DeAnn Burnett
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Why fight the inevitable?

There is no denying love. When you have it for another person it becomes so clear. This book shows how no matter how hard you try to fight it eventually you can no longer deny it and have to succumb.
Kennedy
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed the characters and the story. Strong and confident women that found their way to each other and love. Two boys and two girls how cool is that!!
Tinything
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Man, this is such a good book. But not much about the crime at all. It is about the plane crushed, trying to survive, being strong, never give up and finding love. I actually like this type of book just like the other two book that i had read 'Snow Falls' by Gerri Hill and 'Pitfall' by Kelli Jae Baeli, got stuck somewhere and couldn't go anywhere and there are only two main characters. Man i really like these kind of books.

Back to this book, it would be more like how i just above, it was about t
Trisha
A must read book!! This was my first Lyn Gardner book and I did not really know what to expect but the sypnosis was interesting so I expected something good. And I was not at all disappointed, this book had it all and more!! and I found myself turning pages and completing it in just one read.
The book is beautifully written and Gardner makes everything come to life. I loved the main characters. I loved the setting of events, how the MCs got together, their care for each other and how they came in
Leala Carper
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
2nd Read doesn't disappoint

This is my second time reading this book and it still does not disappoint. The characters are complex and thought out, which is hard to find some in lesbian fiction. The story has a good progression and doesn't fall short in any part leaving you skipping ahead. Not only does the story end well but it goes a step further with an epilogue. The epilogue gives you great closure with these two characters and shows their happy ending. As I read this as a kindle version I do
Elena Gray
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book should probably have gotten 3.5 but it's fine.
The banter between the detectives is pretty great. The story is engrossing, if VERY forced.
I would have liked to see these two outside of a forced unrealistic situation, however, the characters did have a ton of chemistry.

Gardner is a strong character writer. You get exactly what the summary says, nothing more and certainly nothing less.
sapphictionaire
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A rather serious but thoughtful take on several of my favorite tropes. It's enemies-to-lovers, bed sharing, stranded on an island, first girl crush all packed into one. It's meticulous and beautiful. Lyn Gardner is so skilled at crafting characters and dwelling in the moment. This book moves slowly but smoothly. It has fun but only when it earns it. A thoroughly enjoyable take on surviving when there's no other option.
Jessica Roberson
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice, easy read

After reading BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK and loving it, I immediately sought out another work by this author. I immediately read ICE in one sitting. I liked the story and the fact that there is minimal angst. It was a quick, easy read. I would have liked a little more length to the story, but appreciated the epilogue. Without it, the ending would have been too abrupt.
Marcel
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it
While i can't pinpoint it, i felt like this book was too dramatic. In theory i like it when romance books have an actual plot, but in this case, it was so dramatic that it ruined my immersion. Everyone knows the main couple will get together, so threatening literal death for so long fells unbelieveable.
Allison
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star
There’s actually a fictional tv lesbian couple named Alex and Maggie which drew me to this book. The pacing is really good, the beginning is really intense then it gets romantic and sweet. The ending was really cute.
Jamie Ada Maldonado
Mar 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Talk about taking it too fast. Perhaps Give Me a Reason was the work with all the corrections and learning from the mistake that is Ice. This book is cute and all, but it really asks the reader to pretended take a huge leap of faith, and I'm not talking about the rescue part. Nothing else was said and done about the pilot and the quickness of everything made this work feel so generic and rookie stamped. I guess I know where the Give Me a Reason Characters came from. I supposed running out of ide ...more
Linda J
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ratings - bordering between 3.5 to 4
  • Snowbound
  • Mending Defects
  • Second Nature (Shape-Shifter, #1)
  • Kiss the Girl (Soho Loft, #1)
  • Denial
  • Fated Love
  • Trails Merge
  • All That Lies Within
  • Stranded
  • Fragmentary Blue (Alex & CJ, #1)
  • The Secret of St. Claire
I have been a writer of fan fiction for several years, and the numerous responses that I received during that time from my readers, convinced me to try my hand at self-publishing. Originally from Delaware, I now call Florida my home, and when I'm not writing or working... I'm playing golf.

My genre is lesbian fiction. Although my books are adult-rated for the love scenes they contain, they are not
More about Lyn Gardner

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be