Start by marking “Love is Always Write: Volume One” as Want to Read:
Love is Always Write: Volume One

Love is Always Write: Volume One

(Love is Always Write)

The stories you are about to read celebrate love, sex and romance between men. They are a product of the Love Is Always Write promotion sponsored by the Goodreads M/M Romance Group and are published as a free gift to you.

What Is Love Is Always Write?

Published December 2012 by M/M Romance Group

Start your review of Love is Always Write: Volume One
Exina
The stories in Love is Always Write anthology celebrate love, sex and romance between men. They are a product of the Love Is Always Write promotion sponsored by the Goodreads M/M Romance Group and they are free.

The Goodreads M/M Romance Group invited members to choose a photo and pen a letter or story prompt asking for a short M/M romance story inspired by the image; authors from the group were encouraged to select a letter or story prompt and write an original tale.

From this volume, I've read
JenMcJ
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-5-star-reads
I think there is something for everyone in this volume, but if by some weird chance there isn't, hold on, there are 11 in total. If you like the m/m genre many of these books will be keepers.

Fair disclosure, as one of the M/M Romance Group moderators, I could be considered biased, however, these stories, as a whole, do rate a 5 star rating in my opinion.
carol
Dec 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: MM romance readers
This is an anthology of short stories MM romance and covers a wide variety of sub genres from simple romance & first time MM sex to paranormal stories with fallen angels, to were-wolves and were-bears to BDSM light stories of domination, submission and restraint. Have enjoyed all of the stories, obviously some appealed to me more than others. It was good to see gay romance portrayed with some tougher guys too as with the marines story and veterinarian ones too.
The premise for this anthology bei
Jane A
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
I've read this a while ago and didn't take notes on all the shorts so here are my thoughts on the ones I did write down:

ADVANTAGE CROSSE - It was a bit too short and had too much sex.
ALEX & DREW - It was a nice short even though the beginning was a but confusing since the writing style is different
ALTERED STATES - This one was written a bit messy because it's hard to follow when the character(s) have multiple names that they are being called when the pov stays the same. Sometime it was Travis an
Mary
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I didn't like the second story. At all. Not because of the subject, I can read every kind of book, I just didn't like the way it was written. The second half of the book is pretty good though ! I might have shed a tear or two (I did, really). Going to read Volume Two :) !
Eve
Dec 15, 2012 marked it as to-read
It's great to have all these stories downloadable in one volume.
Sandra
Advantage Crosse by West Thornhill (contemporary/friends-to-lovers)

Alex & Drew by Justin South (contemporary/teen loneliness)

Altered States by Laura Harner (mystery/suspense/law enforcement) 3.5 stars - After finishing this story, I scrolled back up to the top of the page, saw the title out of the corner of my eye and thought, "OH, now I get it!" So yeah, I actually thought the ending was kind of cool and it redeemed a lot for me. I was starting to get annoyed when Sam was in the h
Nancy
Feb 06, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelley Chastagner
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great anthology for those who are new to the genre or fans.

Advantage Crosse by West Thornhill
I really enjoyed the humor in this story. Greg and Jeff have been skirting the attraction that they feel and Jeff decides to take matters into his own hands. I would love to see a second book with these two.
Adult read

Alex and Drew by Justin South
This was an incredible intense book. Alex is living a life of horror. He has no escape. Until Drew. Drew is his shining light that leads him to incredible peace
Tamara
Beyond Duty – S.J.D. Peterson
Blood in the Wate
Marie
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The 5 stars is an overall rating. It's not possible to rate every story in the book unless you do it in the review, which is what others have done and that's what I'm also gonna do.

But firstly an overall review.

Volume 1 in this series of 3 books contains mainly contemporary stories, some short - some long. It has a little of everything, meaning it ranges from Friends-to-lovers to paranormal plots. If Paranormal isn't your thing, then skip the stories, by all means and the same goes for any othe
Kitten Blue
Jun 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
ADVANTAGE CROSSE – West Thornhill 1 STAR

ALEX & DREW – Justin South 1 STAR

ALTERED STATES – L.E. Harner 5 STARS

This one's my favourite and I'm totally going to read more! :)

AMERICAN BOY – Dany Sirene 1 STAR

AND THEN HE SAID I’M BEAUTIFUL – Nallux - 2 STARS

Erm, this one had promise but, seriously, the characters suck! Jared is possible the world's biggest dickhead - I hated him SO MUCH - and Casey is pathetic! He flexes his backbone a little near the middle - and I was all WHOOOOO!! GO, CASEY!! LEAV
Tutu
I won’t rate this on two accounts: I haven’t read them all (I probably will eventually) and they are different, it wouldn't be fair to use a single rating for them all.

What I read so far:

And then he said I’m beautiful – this was actually a re-read, I liked it a lot the first time around and wanted to read it again. I liked the idea behind it and the fact that for a short read it managed to transmit a lot of emotion. Casey and Jared were very different and to make a relationship work between them
SueM
Okay, I admit I am somewhat biased towards this Anthology, given that I am one of the five-man (woman?) team who produced this collection of 11 Anthologies on behalf of the M/M Romance Group. But I do think there is something for everyone in each Volume, so while each individual story may not be a five-star read for you, there will be at least one that will reach out to you. Throw in the fact that all these wonderful authors donated their time and talent for the members of the M/M Romance Group ...more
Allie Ritch
Aug 19, 2016 rated it liked it
My favorites in this volume were "Ars Daemonica" by C.C. Williams, which was a fun demon romance; "At What Cost" by Kathryn Sparrow, because of its interesting mix of shifters; and "Blood in the Water" by Megan Derr--a merman story I really loved. I definitely enjoyed the PNR stories in this one.
Shaz
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
As one of the group who worked on editing and proofing these stories and helped put the anthologies together I might be considered biased, but these anthologies are definitely worthy of the 5 star rating.
Lisa
Aug 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Short stories by a number of different m/m authors across a wide range of genres, topics, places and events all based on a photograph and a readers letter - brilliant premise to start a story. Enjoyable read, stand out stories by Stephani Hecht, Megan Slayer and SJD Peterson.
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anthology, freebie, m-m
I read all the stories - some I like better than others (of course) but the entire event is amazing and so are the people who donate their talents & their time for it. ...more
Katy Beth Mckee
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anthology, m-m
I rated each of the stories individually. Once again a great collection of stories and thanks to all who made these stories possible.
Lila Hunter
Good, but had to skip several stories.
CB
May 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great way to find new authors! (There are even a couple of my favs in here too!).

I gave individual ratings to the books themselves instead of doing it here.
Ilona
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful selection of stories from some really good writers. There is something for everyone in there and I enjoyed most of them. My favourite was Alex & Drew ...more
Nic
Dec 15, 2012 marked it as to-read-ebook
Each story has been reviewed and rated individually.
Sebastian
Dec 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Thank you!
Girlgeorge
Loved parts of this and will definitely continue on with the anthology!!
Adara
Feb 23, 2013
Gagan Dhillon
Dec 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Goodreads Librari...: URL's for the entire series is incorrect 8 27 Feb 20, 2019 03:43PM
Thanks for Vol 1 8 34 Dec 25, 2012 06:16PM

• Brother Mine
  • Dark Needs (Dark Duet #1)
  • Don't Read in the Closet: Volume Two
  • The Dating Game (Owen & Nathan, #1)
  • Footsteps in the Dark
  • Mainly by Moonlight (Bedknobs and Broomsticks, #1)
  • Eleventh Hour (The Carstairs Affairs, #1)
  • Sheep's Clothing
Stephani Hecht is a happily married mother of two. Born and raised in Michigan, she loves all things about the state, from the frigid winters to the Detroit Red Wings hockey team. Go Wings! You can usually find her snuggled up to her laptop, creating her next book or gorging on caffeine at her favorite coffee shop.

When she’s not running around like crazy, trying to get her kids to their various ac

Love is Always Write (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Love Is Always Write: Volume Two