Start by marking “Primary Storm (Lewis Cole, #6)” as Want to Read:
Primary Storm (Lewis Cole, #6)

Primary Storm (Lewis Cole #6)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  114 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Every four years, the spotlight of the world turns to the tiny state of New Hampshire, as the voters in its primary help choose the next president of the United States.

Usually, Lewis Cole, a magazine columnist and ex--Department of Defense research analyst, tries to stay out of the spotlight. However, when he attends a political rally for the front-running senator, gunfire
Published September 19th 2006 by Minotaur Books (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Primary Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Primary Storm

Skip
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Another enjoyable Lewis Cole mystery. It is Presidential primary season in New Hampshire. Lewis' girlfriend, Annie Flynn, is working for Georgian Senator Jackson Hale's campaign. While attending a rally for him, Lewis steps outside because he feels ill, thwarting a plan to frame him for an assassination attempt with a gun belonging to Lewis. Then a dead body shows up at his front door, requiring the services of his good friend and retired mobster, Felix Tinios. DuBois does a nice job of capturin ...more
LJ
PRIMARY STORM (Thriller-New Hampshire-Cont)- VG
DuBois, Brendan – 6th in series
Thomas Dunne Books, 2006-Hardcover
*** Magazine columnist Lewis Cole once worked for the Department of Defense and has signed a non-disclosure about his time there. It is now Presidential primary season in New Hampshire. Lewis’ girlfriend, Annie Flynn, is working for candidate Senator Jackson Hale whose wife happens to be a former girlfriend of Lewis. The Senator is coming to town and a Secret Service Agent visits Lewis
Bryan Higgs
Sep 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
The second book of Brendan Dubois I have read. Published several years later than the first one of his I read -- intentionally; I was trying to get a sense of progression without going from the very first and going on to the second, etc. The library didn't have all of them...

This one was reasonably good, too. Similar formula to the first book; some of the same characters, but a new love interest, etc.

These books are set in a fictitious coastal town in New Hampshire (Tyler), somewhat south of the
Clare
Nov 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I read an anthology of mystery books edited by Charlaine Harris and enjoyed the short story written by Brendan DuBois. I immediately requested all Brendan DuBois books from the library and this one arrived first.

Whenever I discover a new series and new character, I have 2 thoughts: How have I not heard about this author before? and Oh, I have met a friend who I can encounter again and again.

Lewis Cole is like that for me. Lewis Cole may be Dubois' most famous character, but in reading more of D
Mark Pitman
Oct 25, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: detective
Lewis Cole 06

Lewis Cole, magazine writer and retired defense research analyst, has a girlfriend, Annie Wynn, working for Senator Hale's presidential campaign. Lewis discovers an ex-girlfriend from college is now the Senators wife. Suddenly Lewis is arrested for attempting to assassinate the Senator.

I read this book before I realized it was number 06 in the Lewis Cole series. I discovered the Lewis Cole series is much more fun to read in order. After reading the first five books the personality a
Nat
Sep 22, 2009 rated it liked it
The beginning of this book did not bode well. I found 2-3 typos and grammatical errors in the first few pages, and the writing was generally stilted. I was reading it on a flight, though, and didn't have another book handy, so kept with it and am glad I did. The plot and writing seemed to keep improving as the book progressed. I'm not sure I'd rush out to read any more books by this author, but it was a lot better than it could have been :)
Steve Payne
Oct 04, 2016 rated it liked it
This installment, while entertaining did have me shaking my head a few times. This was more like a bromance movie such as Lethal Weapon, with Felix & Lewis as the lead characters. The recurring women of this series just had bit parts.
Jeff Dickison
Oct 23, 2015 rated it liked it
I was set to give this 4 stars, but then the really sucky ending messed up the book and I dropped one star. Story is a detective/mystery set around the New Hampshire primary. I just hate it when a bad ending ruins a book. Too bad.
Lorlee
Jan 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
one of my favorite mystery writers. Not formulaic and the Lewis Cole character is really interesting.
Stacy Bearse
Jan 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Another solid entry in the Lewis Cole series. Read this during NH primary week, which echoes the setting of the novel. Will read Deadly Cove, the most recent installment, in the next several weeks.
Karen M
Jun 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Great read - especially during political election season. Good light read - mix between mystery and more.
Joanne
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
enjoyed it as I have all the books in this series
William Mosteller
Mar 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Presidential primary in New Hampshire is a wonderful backdrop for Lewis Cole, filled with interesting twists and turns.
Lucas Johnson
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it
Average. Nothing to write home about, but not a total waste of time either.
Keri
Aug 11, 2013
Ellen
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Brendan DuBois of New Hampshire is the award-winning author of twenty novels and more than 150 short stories. His novel, "Resurrection Day," won the Sidewise Award for Best Alternative History Novel of the Year.

In addition to his thrillers, Brendan DuBois is the author of the Lewis Cole mystery series.

He is currently working on a number of writing projects with New York Times bestselling author Ja
More about Brendan DuBois...

Lewis Cole (10 books)
  • Dead Sand (Lewis Cole, #1)
  • Black Tide (Lewis Cole, #2)
  • Shattered Shell (Lewis Cole, #3)
  • Killer Waves (Lewis Cole, #4)
  • Buried Dreams (Lewis Cole, #5)
  • Deadly Cove (Lewis Cole, #7)
  • Fatal Harbor (Lewis Cole, #8)
  • Blood Foam (Lewis Cole, #9)
  • Storm Cell (Lewis Cole, #10)