Start by marking “Camp Payback (Camp Boyfriend, #2)” as Want to Read:
Camp Payback (Camp Boyfriend, #2)

Camp Payback

(Camp Boyfriend #2)

Published April 29th 2014 by Spencer Hill Press

To ask other readers questions about Camp Payback, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camp Payback

Start your review of Camp Payback (Camp Boyfriend, #2)
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Turns out, the second book wasn’t better than the first like I had hoped. Camp Payback is book 2 in the Camp Boyfriend series however can easily be read out of order.

What I Liked:
If anything, I loved Alex’s background. Her family is widely known her parent’s blog, Wholesome Homes which, in simple terms is a blog about how to raise wholesome children and have a wholesome life. Alex is sick of being constantly judged and scrutinized, everyone knows th
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is such an incredibly cute series. One that holds true to adolescents, the pains of growing up and trying to find who you are, who you want to be and all the struggles and firsts that come along with it.

So far I have loved every single book and novella that has been released and I am happy to say this second addition to the series is no different. Gosh, I really loved Alex and Javier. Maybe even more so than I have the other characters so far.

Their story was such a heartfelt one. I loved ho
Gaby
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was definitely excited to read this one, the blurb sounded like it was a very sweet story and it definitely was!! But I think it was more than a light and fun reading.

The first book was great, it was different from what I thought it would be and certainly different from other YA books, and Karen and Joanne’s writing was really well done, it’s light but also engaging to the reader.

In Camp Payback it’s turn to know Alex’s story, we got to know her on Camp Boyfriend (or Camp Kiss if you have rea
Sherry
*Note: Thank you to Joanne & Karen Rock for providing a copy of the book in exchange for my honest thoughts.*

Camp Payback, by J.K. Rock, was a cute read. I didn’t realize until I began reading that the story focused on one of the characters from Camp Boyfriend, Alex Martineau. The story began with bang, giving the reader an immediate understanding that Alex’s home life leaves a bit to be desired. Her parents run a blog called “Wholesome Home,” have authored parenting books, and have high expecta
Veronica of V's Reads
4.5 stars for this fun contemporary innocent YA romance.

Alex Marcineau is a problem child--at least that's what her parents' blog Wholesome Home would have everyone believe. From her earliest steps, Alex has faced the scrutiny of not just her parents, but all adults, even teachers who hoped to gain some slight fame by reporting each and every misstep Alex made. Entire books have been written by her parents on how to cope with 'difficult' kids. So, yeah, she's not really interested in maintaining
Richa
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, netgalley, for-review
Originally posted at City of Books

I was really excited to get into Camp Payback after reading and loving Camp Christmas, the novella which was released last December. And I'm glad to say I loved this one too! Camp Payback is a fun and light read, full of romance, humour and lots of camp drama.

All her life, Alex has been the 'problem child', the one her parents complain about on their risen-to-fame blog, Wholesome Home. When Alex gets into trouble for the umpteenth time, her parents decide to sen
nick (the infinite limits of love)
Oct 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

Camp Payback was a light, adorable read perfect to read on a warm sunny day at the beach. I really enjoyed Camp Boyfriend last year and was delighted to find out from the authors were continuing the series with each book featuring a secondary character from the previous book.

Alex has had it rough throughout her childhood with her parents being famous for talking about how to raise a rebellious child on a blog. She's feels isolated from her parents and doesn't feel as loved as she should have bee
Sarah Elizabeth
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to Spencer Hill Press and Netgalley.)
17-year-old Alex is out for revenge after her ex-boyfriend sent her a text message that her parent’s deemed inappropriate, which got her enrolled at an all-girls boarding school.
Javier is a kid whose mother is in prison, and he needs to be extra good if he’s to be allowed to live with her when she’s released.
How much trouble can Alex and Javier get into though, when the
Kelly Hager
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this story. I love the concept behind it---it's been alluded to in the earlier books, but Alex's parents are super religious and have a famous blog about parenting. Her brother is perfect and Alex is the problem child. (It seems like she's basically an average kid who gets into average amounts of trouble, but when you're being compared with an angel who never causes problems, of course you're going to look like Damien, right?)

So after an entire lifetime of being viewed as
Princess Bookie
Sep 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read2014, a-net-g
My Thoughts: I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and the novella before this one but I had a hard time with Camp Payback.

We are introduced to Alex who lives in the fame of her parents. Her brother is pretty perfect and her mom and dad are the parents who have the perfect family, or are supposed too. Alex doesn’t believe she’s that bad but the tabloids make her out to be the problem child.

Alex is back at summer camp and she vows to stay out of trouble. But, her jerky ex boyfriend is a
Katarina
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Totally different from the first book.
I was expecting more from Lauren, but this shifts gears to Alex. With this shift in main character we get a whole new view and a whole different story.
It's just as engaging as the first book and readers will not be disappointed.
Vanya D.
There is definitely growth in these two ladies' writing. Camp Payback has a greater quality of style and plot development than Camp Boyfriend.

Full review will follow.
Mary
Aug 23, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Review posted here.

I wasn't sure what to expect the first time I picked up Camp Boyfriend, and it left me feeling really good when it turned out to be a great book. Then "Camp Christmas" blew my mind how much I loved it. So...at this point, my expectations are pretty high with the books in this series. I've been waiting for Payback for months, and while I still enjoyed this fun, campy tale about summer camp, I wasn't as wowed by it.

I think the biggest reason why Payback didn't resonat
Brooke (The Cover Contessa)
I want to thank Spencer Hill Press for providing me with a copy of this book to read and give an honest review. I loved Camp Boyfriend, Camp Kiss, and Camp Christmas, so I was really excited to read this! Receiving this book for free has in no way influenced my opinion or review.

Blurb from Goodreads:
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

Alex is a girl who has lived her entire life in the spotlight. Her parents run a blog titled Wholesome Home and she's often featured on the blog as the problem child, complete with tips on how to keep your child from being like her. After a text from her ex-camp boyfriend gets her in serious trouble with her conservative family, her parents decide to send her to an all girls school. She has one summer left at camp and she plans to make the most
Elizabeth Robertson
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When I read Camp Boyfriend I didn’t really know Alex so I didn’t identify with her much, but within the first chapter of Camp Payback I was in tears for her. I, personally, was never the popular kid, I was always “troublemaker” because I never felt heard and had a tendency to act, or speak, before thinking. Sounds like our heroine, right? I think this book will speak to all of those girls(and possibly guys) who are looked over and deemed as “difficult” because they don’t fit the cookie cutter mo ...more
Samantha Daly
Received from publisher in exchange for an honest review
Originally at The Secret Life of a Bookworm

I went into Camp Payback with extremely low expectations after Camp Boyfriend (which I didn't really enjoy) and surprisingly, I ended up enjoying it.

Camp Payback is a companion novel to Camp Boyfriend. It follows the same group of characters - minus the Camp Boyfriend main characters - at Camp Jupiter. Alex has big plans for this summer. She's determined to rebel against the Wholesome Family image
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Camp Payback Review on K-Books

After reading and devouring the first book in this series Camp Boyfriend I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book. I loved the first book and JK Rock completely captured me with their amazing writing style and story-telling skills. I have to admit that I did not like Camp Payback quite as much as Camp Boyfriend. It didn't have the magic that I felt Camp Boyfriend did but it was still a fantastic follow-up to Camp Boyfriend.

Camp Payback follows Alex, Lauren's bes
Valeria
Camp Juniper Point is starting to sound to me like the best place in the planet. I kind of want to sign up as a counsellor now (because I no longer have the age to be a camper).

Again, we find yet another of the Munchies Manor girls struggling to find her true self, and what was supposed to be a payback summer for all the unfair things life had thrown her way, turned out to be a pay back summer. I loved how that pun worked out for the plot.

I simply am enthralled by J.K.’s stories because of the h
Lola
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved Camp Boyfriend and as soon as I started Camp Payback I was so happy to be back to Camp Juniper Point. Having never been to camp myself and being a big fan of nature, the setting is an insta-win for me. Camp payback is different from Camp Boyfriend, but I loved it just as much.

Camp Payback has a different main character from camp Boyfriend. This time Alex is the amin character together with the love interest Javier. I thought it was awesome this book was told from both their point of view
Francine Soleil
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Originally posted here: http://alwayslostinbooks.wordpress.co...

I love contemporary series books where I get to see the stories of the other characters as well, and I think that I would definitely be following the Camp Boyfriend series. I love how the authors give each of the characters a chance, whether they be the good girls or the mean girls. I’m definitely excited to read Camp Forget-Me-Not, the first full novel on a mean girl. But apart from all the fun and romance, the Camp Boyfriend serie
Jess Lashway
Jul 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Blurb: Alex has big plans for camp this year, starting with making it the best summer ever. Having fun and breaking some rules will get her the payback she wants against her parents and her ex-boyfriend. Because of his disgusting texts, she's headed to a super strict all-girls school in the fall.

Then she meets Javier and revenge doesn't seem nearly as important as getting to know the troubled loner determined to keep a low profile at camp. But Alex's trouble-magnet personality and Javier's need
Soma Rostam
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved getting back into the lives of these characters in a companion novel to the amazing and sweet Camp Boyfriend (my review here).
Alexandra is tired of listening to her parents and trying and trying (but failing) to be the wholesome kid that they want. So, she is thrilled to be going back to her friends this summer at Camp Juniper Point. But what she doesn't expect is the new chief's assistant; the troubled, hot-as-sin boy, Javier. And she definitely doesn't expect sparks to fly between th
Olivia (Bookcomet)
Apr 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemp, netgalley
These books totally make my Summer.

Actually, that's not true, since it's not Summer for me. But it apparently makes me feel like it's Summer.

Past Me who finished Camp Boyfriend probably would scoff at Present Me if I was to tell her that I would enjoy Camp Payback more. But whether she believes it or not, I defintiely enjoyed Camp Payback more. Why, you ask?

Because with Alex as a main character came her amazing story. I have always had this strange addiction to reading about reality TV shows
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
So, today I'm reviewing these two books- Camp Boyfriend and Camp Payback. I'm doing them together because they are part of a series and I picked them both up on NetGalley (love NetGalley!) at the same time. My thanks to Spencer Hill Press for allowing me to read and review these titles for them.

I've never been to summer camp, let alone a summer camp that goes practically all summer long, so there were a lot of things in this book that I didn't necessarily relate to. Having said that, I don't thi
Jen
Dec 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: book-tour
Pull up a log, grab a S'more (or a S'more cupcake) and let's get started!

I wasn't sure how I would feel returning to Camp Juniper Point knowing Matt and Seth wouldn't be there, but then Javier---

Wait.

What was I saying?

Oh right...cupcakes. ;)

Fast, fun and deliciously swoony, Camp Payback is a story about not letting your past define you and learning to see just how awesome you can truly be. But it's also about the consequences that come as a result of the choices we make.

Alex has spent her who
Aly
I really liked Camp Boyfriend by JK Rock, so when I heard that there was going to be a sequel, I wanted it. Major grabby hands, indeed. Then I was lucky enough to score a copy. But, Camp Payback was one of those books that I had to struggle through. I'd put it down and pick back up, over and over again. Not that it was bad...

I guess I had two major complaints with Camp Payback. The first being that I found it hard to believe. It felt more like a daydream or one of those harlequin novels. You kno
Kazhy (My Library in the Making)
(View this review on My Library in the Making.)

I lowered my expectations for Camp Payback because Camp Boyfriend wasn't as amazing as I'd thought it would be, but that turned out to be absolutely unnecessary because, oh my lord, this book packed the feels and swoon that just entertained me for hours.

While its predecessor was also filled to the brim with drama, this sequel just got it perfectly. And it also helped that I loved the main characters individually and as a couple. Alex, the not-so-reb
Jessie
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Alex's parents' are very strict and famous for their "wholesome family" blog. They dole out advice for how to have a happy home, and how to deal with problem children, like their daughter Alex. Alex wishes her family didn't have to be so perfect. She wishes that all of her mistakes weren't broadcast to a national internet audience. When her ex-boyfriend sends her dirty text messages, her parents decide that she will attend an all girl school. Alex plans her revenge: she's going to live her life ...more
Katey Lovell
Apr 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Alex is sort-of-famous. The troublesome teen daughter of two 'family lifestyle' bloggers, she can't wait to escape to her final summer camp. She's determined to make the most of it, live life to the full and break some of the rules. Her plan is to be outrageous and shock her wholesome parents and her conniving ex boyfriend-her wild summer will be payback.

But then she meets Javier. Her world turns upside down. Alex no longer wants to put herself first, and is almost shocked to find that she cares
J. K. Rock is the pseudonym for the Young Adult writing partnership of Joanne Rock and Karen Rock. Their CAMP BOYFRIEND series recreates the magic of summer camp, first love, and friendships.

Camp Boyfriend (4 books)
  • Camp Boyfriend (Camp Boyfriend, #1)
  • Sun Kissed (Camp Boyfriend)
  • Camp Forget-Me-Not (Camp Boyfriend, #3)