Start by marking “The Tower Broken (Tower and Knife Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Tower Broken (Tower and Knife Trilogy, #3)

The Tower Broken

(Tower and Knife Trilogy #3)

The world is at breaking point. The nothing, a terrible darkness caused by the festering wounds of a god, bleeds out the very essence of all, of stone, silk - and souls. Emperor Sarmin thought he had stopped it, but it is spreading towards his city, Cerana - and he is powerless to halt the destruction. Even as Cerana fills with refugees, the Yrkmen armies arrive with conqu ...more
Published November 1st 2013 by Jo Fletcher Books (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Tower Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tower Broken

Althea Ann
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it
My interest in this trilogy kind of fizzled out during its final installment. I spent over 2 weeks reading this - nearly unheard of for me. I just kept putting it down and not picking it up again. Now, it's been nearly two weeks since I finally finished it - and I'm still not quite sure why it didn't really do it for me.

I mean, it was OK. I didn't hate it. (I just LOVED the first two in the series...) And it had all the requisite elements... the world itself is in peril from a magical plague, t
Kostas
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: epic-fantasy, fantasy
8.5/10

The Tower Broken, the third installment of the Tower & Knife trilogy, travels us for one last time in the Middle-Eastern inspired world of the Cerani Empire, with Mazarkis Williams - immersing us into a story of political games, of power and of supremacy - to takes us deep into a wonderful adventure of love and heroism, but also into a great war, bringing a powerful enemy and an ancient god, and closing this series with a finale that can be described nothing more than simply epic.

It ha
Mogsy (MMOGC)
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum http://bibliosanctum.blogspot.com/201...

Finishing a series is always a little bittersweet, isn't it? I find this is absolutely the case with Mazarkis Williams' Tower and Knife trilogy. Of course, I'm thrilled to have finally reached the stunning conclusion to find out how it all ends, but I also know I'm going to miss this world and its characters.

It is also a wonderful thing to see an author's skills grow and evolve as time goes on. Though I think I'll always b
Milo (BOK)
The Review: http://thefoundingfields.com/2013/11/...

“An excellent final novel in the Tower and Knife Trilogy. Mazarkis Williams delivers a strong satisfactory conclusion and will certainly keep readers who have read Books #1 & #2 entertained right the way through. The Tower Broken is amazing, strong and continues the 100% track record that I have had with the incredible Jo Fletcher Books.”
"The world is at breaking point. The nothing, a terrible darkness caused by the festering wounds of a
Racheal
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's hard to give a review when you have a bias. I loved this series, and can't wait to read more from Mazarkis. The ending felt a little rushed, but it was fitting. The story was intriguing though at times the pacing was slow and some scenes seemed longer than they needed to be. However, the world building drew me in; I enjoyed reading something that was not set in the traditional fantasy setting. By the end of the series I found myself liking characters I hated and hating ones I liked.
Josh
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review from Fixed on Fantasy.

The Tower Broken by Mazarkis Williams is the third and final installment in the Tower & Knife trilogy, following on from The Emperor's Knife (review here - with spoilers!) and Knife Sworn (review here).

For me, each of these books had a markedly different feel, due mostly to the notable changes in nature of the protagonists and their respective relationships.

I still think The Emperor's Knife is the strongest book in this trilogy; the opening chapter is definitely
Jessica Strider
May 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Pros: lots of intrigue, complex story, satisfying series ending, great characters

Cons: climax felt rushed, Adam’s motivations at the end were puzzling

Picking up a few months after the events of The Knife Sworn, things are not well in the capital of Cerana. With General Arigu missing Sarmin doesn’t have the full confidence of his army; the High Priest of Herzu is pressuring him to make sacrifices to appease the Gods; Sarmin’s brother is still missing; Mogyrk rebels are loose in the city, setting
Stretch's Books
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
"The Tower Broken" is the third and final installment to Mazarkis Williams' "The Tower and Knife" Trilogy. In short, Williams raps this series up wonderfully. All the intrigue and plotting of the various characters is seamlessly brought full circle to a final confrontation and conclusion that should satisfy anyone that took the time to read her debut series.

Williams has written a fantastic story in a beautifully realized Persian world. She builds the world easily and vividly, making it easy fo
Joseph
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fine conclusion to the Tower and Knife trilogy. Sarmin's grip on the throne remains tenuous, a huge army of religious fanatics approaches, a dead god's wounds threaten to unmake the world -- just another day in the life of the empire ... Again, I found the characters (Sarmin and Mesema in particular) well-drawn -- flawed but compelling; entirely capable of making wrong decisions; or right decisions for wrong reasons -- and the world a fascinating place.
Cindy
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it

‘The Tower Broken’ is the last book in the Tower and Knife trilogy and is hands down the best book of the three. I have to admit that the first book didn’t really resonate with me. The second book was much, much better although the story did get a bit complex now and again. But if you keep a clear head while reading, it is a very enjoyable read. ‘The Tower Broken’ is even better than ‘Knife-Sworn’, it reads fluently and though the story never loses its com
David
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Best book of the series. But it, like the others, winds up too quickly and neatly at the end by the wave of a magical wand. Feel a bit cheated by the whole experience. Yet, the ride to the ends are quite enjoyable, even with the sagging of the middle book. Makes me wonder why a first time novelist would choose to write a trilogy. This might have made a better single novel or duology.
Mieneke
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, fantasy
The Tower Broken is the epic conclusion to Mazarkis Williams' debut trilogy Tower & Knife and after reading The Emperor's Knife and Knife Sworn I was really looking forward how Williams was going to resolve the problem of Mogryk's wounds. The author managed to wrap up the story in a way I hadn't expected, but which was compelling and elegant in one fell swoop.

Williams brought back Mesema as a point of view character and replaced Grada and Nessaket with two new characters, Farid and Didr
Shaheen
Dec 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Tower Broken is the final book in the Tower and Knife trilogy by Mazarkis Williams, a series I have adored since the first book came out. This book rounds out the story well and answers all the questions and curiosities I'd had, and in general, does a much better job at placing the magic and politics in context than the other books.

As with the previous books, The Tower Broken is told from multiple points of view. While I enjoyed, as ever, seeing from Emperor's Sarmin and his wife Mesema's ey
Abbe
Jun 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful conclusion to the trilogy.
Mu3ad
Mar 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
The book was one of the good ones u would ever read ,, the characters were well formed and the time line of the story is interesting ,,,
ELC
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, it is done...

Although i felt that this finishing story is not so well put together compare to the first & second book, it still has it pull.. Good ending
Gillian
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I loved the character Farid especially. I do like books/series that create a situation and then it gets resolved. I can't decide if I like this or The Emperor's Knife better.
Ευθυμία Δεσποτάκη
Deirdre
Nov 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Found it hard to get back into the swing of it, not bad but probably would be better if read closer to the others.
Paul Rummell
Apr 16, 2015
Jordan Bingham
Nov 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The List Unseen (The Chronicles of Lumineia: The Second Draeken War, #4)
  • The Scarlet Tides (Moontide Quartet, #2)
  • The Glass Republic (The Skyscraper Throne, #2)
  • The Shattered Crown (Steelhaven, #2)
  • Gemsigns (®Evolution, #1)
  • The Night of the Swarm (The Chathrand Voyages #4)
  • Mordecai (The Riven Gates, #1)
  • The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume Four
  • The Black Mausoleum (The Memory of Flames, #4)
  • Sword of the North (Grim Company, #2)
  • Be My Enemy (Everness, #2)
  • The Dusk Watchman (Twilight Reign, #5)
  • The Prince of Lies (Night's Masque, #3)
  • Black Sun Light My Way (Children of the Black Sun, #2)
  • Daughter of Blood (The Wall of Night, #3)
  • The Big Reap (The Collector, #3)
  • World of Warcraft: Dark Riders
Mazarkis Williams is a writer with roots in both the US and the UK, having worked in and been educated in both countries. Each year is divided between Boston and Bristol and a teleport booth is always top of the Christmas wish-list.

Mazarkis has degrees in history and physics, and a diverse set of interests accumulated while mispending a hectic youth. Cooking has always been a passion, and in addit

Tower and Knife Trilogy (3 books)
  • The Emperor's Knife (Tower and Knife Trilogy, #1)
  • Knife Sworn (Tower and Knife Trilogy, #2)