Start by marking “Where Shifters Meet for Drinks (Blue Moon Café)” as Want to Read:
Where Shifters Meet for Drinks (Blue Moon Café)

Where Shifters Meet for Drinks

(Blue Moon Café)

"The were-eagles and our kind have been at war since the beginning of time. Well, it’s more like fifty years since we’d decided to move into town, but it feels like an eternity already. And they’re not were-eagles, just like we’re not werewolves. They’re more like crows, and we look more like dogs. Mutts, they call us.

Times are changing and we do what we can to adapt in or
ebook, 1, 107 pages
Published December 2012 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Where Shifters Meet for Drinks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Shifters Meet for Drinks

Diana
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I first read the description of the book I thought of ”Hanul Ancuței” (Ancuța's Inn is my translation for those who don't understand what I'm talking about) written by Mihail Sadoveanu, because these two books have one thing in common: the action happens in the same place, but with different characters. So here we have the Blue Moon Café. Nothing bad until now. Then we have supernatural creatures and everything changes, we meet werewolves, vampires, were-eagles and some other great shifters ...more
Deea Sterea
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
I read this entire collection of short stories in a heart beat. It was engaging, full of out-of-the-box ideas, like good fantasy should be, intriguing and almost surrealist on some points.

As a non-native English speaker, Ioana has a stunning command of English and her words create beautiful images. In a world that is both surprising and intense, her characters are well written, with a dose of humor that will make you burst into the most sincere laughter possible.

Since I personally am not much in
roxtao
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Am primit cartea Blue Moon Cafe Series: Where Shifters Meet for Drinks de la autoare, in schimbul unei recenzii sincere. Ii multumesc Ioanei Visan pentru bunavointa si pentru zambetele pe care mi le-a oferit prin povestile sale.

Auzisem de ceva vreme de cartea Ioanei si imi trezise curiozitatea din prima clipa, chiar inainte de a citi sinopsisul, prin faptul ca autoarea este romanca. Iar descrierea oficiala a volumului sau nu a facut decat sa imi creasca interesul. Oricat incerc sa ma feresc de i
Grampy
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
“Blue Moon Café” by Ioana Visan is another clever tale from this talented author. In Blue Moon, several seemingly unrelated short stories actually form different portions of a complete story. Each short story is a standalone story, but when combined they all work together as parts of a larger story. The basic underlying theme concerns a community largely populated by various “shifters”, such as werewolves, were-eagles, were-foxes, were-rats, and so on. In a nod to modernization, the werewolves h ...more
Stephanie Dagg
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
The Blue Moon Café: Where Shifters Meet to Drink by Ioana Visan is a collection of seven short paranormal stories. The short story is not an easy genre to market, especially given the proliferation of novellas these days. However, this collection works almost as a short novel, given the unifying underlying theme of shifters, and the characters who are common throughout, although the disparity in the stories’ lengths mean they don’t really equate to chapters. Werewolves - mutts - and the less com ...more
Wendy Hines
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've enjoyed Ioana's books before so I was delighted to get the chance to read Where Shifters Meet for Drinks. The Blue Moon Cafe is the setting through-out the book. It's full of several short stories all set in the same place, with the same town characters revolving through-out the stories.

The two clans, werewolf and eagle, don't get along and the mayor wants to protect his town. Every time any of the two clans meet, chaos reigns. The mayor has brought in some other supernatural creatures to
Sheila
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Collection of short stories that are interconnected. Werewolves live in this town as do werecrows. They have a treaty but it sometimes gets pushed.

I enjoyed these stories. I wasn't sure what to expect but I am glad I read it. There is humor, suspense, and action here. I liked the werewolves, not too crazy about the humans and some of the other weres, and not so sure about the werecrows. Each story is a little vignette with a few people from each group. The story finishes but the characters may
Emily L. Moir-Genther
I found this compilation interesting. It takes on a new look at shifters in the sense that just about every animal out there can be shifted into. Each animal grouping has their own clan. Naturally, the clans clash.

I like how each story addresses separate characters, but as the compilation continues, each set of characters begins to tie into each other. It really helps create a sense of how the town operates.

The first story in the compilation is a bit silly, but even that ties into how the story
Jenn
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this collection of short stories that are interconnected. I don't mind short stories and sometimes prefer them to a drawn out novel. If you like paranormal short stories involving shape shifters then I'd recommend this collection. If you don't like short stories then pick up a novel.

As a side note, if this author wanted to continue to make a novel based on this world (not a remake of this collection), I'd read it!

Received this from LibraryThing.com member giveaway.
Jan 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading this book, there are several short stories and had many characters, but the author pulled it all together for a great story. It has a little action and humor, it is a fast read because you don't want to stop reading until the end. I enjoy reading paranormal and shapeshifter books and this book was just perfect. I loved the joke they pull with the blue dye. Hope the author writes another book with some of the same characters so that we can read more of there stories.
Leesa
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book, 2014
I am a fan of interlinked short stories so this was a pleasant read. There are all sorts of different shifters here trying to co-exist, both among themselves and the humans who don't know what they are!

There is a conniving mayor and his even more cunning wife with their own agenda, and it isn't always in the best interest of the town citizens!

I would like to read more stories in this setting.

I received this as a Library Thing Member Giveaway.
John
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A nice twist on the shifter world. I love Ioana's imagination and vision.
Teresa Drelick
Enjoyable enough that I finished the last three quarters in a night. I really like the connection made between each of the short stories.
Angela
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I am left a bit unsure of this book. I am not a huge fan of short stories, but this book full of them seemed to work for the most part to make a good read. The stories were connected enough to make them seem like chapters of a book. However, they; being short stories, did not flow together in a seamless way. They were connected enough to make me see the connection and fill in the gaps between stories on my own, but they would have been better, I think if they had been made into a full novel with ...more
Tinisha
May 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Good series of short stories. The opening story was good, but I did not like the second story. It was over detailed and dragged on. She almost lost me but I went back to the book. I was delighted with the remaining stories. I liked how there were unifying elements in themes throughout each story. I liked the political elements as well. The characters were savvy and funny, there was good action as well. I enjoyed reading about the various were species. This was a quick read.

I received this book f
N. Kuhn
Mar 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
I'm not too sure about this book. The blurb makes it seem as if it's 1 full novel. But as you read it, you feel like a bunch of short stories with a theme and some of the same characters. I don't feel that they fit completely together enough for it to be 1 book. If worked on a little more, it could be a great short story collection, and again, if worked on more, it could be a great book. But as it is, I wasn't impressed. I didn't enjoy being confused, wondering what happened to the characters I ...more
Elizabeth Biasotti
This was an interesting book. It had several short stories on how "eagle"/crow shifter and "wolf"/dog shifters live in major cities. The short stories were decent, but really they just left me wanting for more and wishing I could actually read a long thing, instead of these short chapter long stories. Since the stories were so short, it did leave me slightly confused with some stories and left out details that I wondered about.
Nancy
Mar 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Told in 7 short stories this book, which I thought was one is actually 7. For some reason, I don’t like short stories – didn’t even as a child.
That said, these are all right. A few of the characters drift in and of various tales, but they are well written, (werewolves are now just classified as big dogs, were-eagles are were-crows), the short plots and resolutions are good and, overall things could have been worse.
I just wish I’d known it wasn’t a whole book before ordering.
PJ Lea
Jun 05, 2015 rated it liked it
This was free through booklikes with the request for an honest review.
For an author who admits she knows little about shifters, this was a pretty good book. To me though there is something lacking, the stories are related but are just a little too disjointed for me to truly enjoy it. It is a good introduction to were-creatures and I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy it, but a little soft for my tastes too.
Teri
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was gifted this book in exchange for an honest review. I actually enjoyed the series of short stories. They all kinda rolled with each other and were filled with action. I like that you learned about the different kinds of Were's (and here I thought there was only werewolves!). They were funny and enjoyable and serious when needed. A fun quick read.
Diana
Nov 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
not bad since I don't read many short stories.
Anna
Cezarina Anghilac
Dec 16, 2012
Karen
May 10, 2014
Award-winning writer Ioana Visan has always dreamed about reaching the stars, but since she can’t, she writes about it.

After fighting the apocalypse aftermath in “Human Instincts”, she played with shapeshifters in “Blue Moon Café Series: Where Shifters Meet for Drinks”, she dealt with vampires in “The Impaler Legacy” series, and then she designed prosthetics in “Broken People” before tackling lon