Start by marking “Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day!: Revolutionary New Takes on Everyone's Favorite Anytime Meal” as Want to Read:

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  261 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
What's the best thing since sliced bread? The sandwich of course! Layered with flavor, simple and portable, and full of endless variety, sandwiches have been stealing the show for as long as they've existed.

But it's time for the traditional, calorie-laden, meat-centric sandwich to move over, because there's a new sheriff in town-the vegan sandwich! Filled with healthy, nat
Published September 1st 2012 by Fair Winds Press (MA) (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegan Sandwiches Save the Day!

Sam
Feb 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Recipes all sound delicious, although occasionally a little daunting if you are not already in the make-it-yourself vegan scene (like your own fake meat, cheese, etc.) Otherwise I found many of the vegan substitutes to popular meat and cheese sandwiches exciting AND appetizing. I recommend to those already living the life and anyone interested in having some fun and inspired meat free/vegan options.
Kylie Young
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is so user friendly and as a beginner vegan I felt super comfortable with the layout of this book, its approach and the information.

The book starts with a thank you from the author which I thought was a lovely introduction.

"With heartfelt appreciation, we share our sandwiches with all who take steps to improve the well being of animals. Thank you for striving for safe and peaceful lives for all on this planet."

The next part of the book outlines what ingredients are most prevalent in
Stephanie
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
Not quite inspirational. I wouldn't make any of the recipes from this book. Where were all the photos?!

2.5/5stars
Jessica
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
I never thought I'd need a sandwich book, but I love this one! I peruse it like a menu and it helps with shopping for the week (even if I don't follow the recipes exactly). And the deli slice recipes have nearly inspired me to buy some implement to shave them very thinly.

This book is delicious! I'm sure that long-time vegans, flexitarians, and even dyed-in-the-wool omnivores will all find something they like in its pages.

Apple Raddichio Nutty Sandwiches: I did the quick version of this recipe an
Laurie
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: delectable
I had no idea sandwiches could be so versatile! I love the fact that nearly every sammich has its own spread. Everything I've made so far has been pretty darn amazing and there are still a ton more recipes that I'm looking forward to trying. The cookbook itself has a great layout and the many photos are absolutely mouth-watering. Thanks again to Tamasin Noyes for the giveaway to coincide with the PPK Cookbook Challenge. This is the most delicious thing I've ever won! :)

~Crispy Leek-Mushroom Mani
Samantha Arias
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking
I really liked this cookbook. I was super skeptical of it at first. To make an entire book on sandwiches, let alone vegan ones. There were so many creative and inventive ideas in this book. I especially love the sandwich meat recipies. I'm always trying to cut down on processed foods. So making my own cold cuts is perfect! Makes me want to invest in a deli slicer lol. Really great book to have in your collection.
D'Anne
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This book is worth it for the recipe for chick pea bacon alone, which has become a staple in our house and is something I always cook for people coming over for dinner. Vegans and non-vegans alike love it. Everything I've made in this book so far I've liked, though there are far more things marked "to make" than I've actually made. But there's a lot of stuff in here I want to try, which is not the norm when it comes to cookbooks.
Aja Marsh
Nov 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks, food
3.5 -- some interesting ideas in here I'd like to try though some of the items really just seem like they were trying to get more recipes in the book and weren't innovative or weren't really even sandwiches-- no, it's not a "tacowich"-- it's either a taco, a wrap, or something else also not a sandwich.
Bernadette
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good one from the very talented, innovative and visionary cooks.
Bonnie G.
The most innovative Sammie book ever!
Bernadette
Jun 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent collection of vegan sandwich recipes and suggestions! Will be working my way through all summer, since many are good cold and do not involve heating up the kitchen in 90 degree temps...
Corinne
Nov 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
While relies of making processed patties and tofu more than I like, I found some great treasures in here.
Robin Harvill
Nov 25, 2012
PorshaJo
Apr 03, 2015
A S BUTLER
rated it did not like it
Oct 15, 2016
Tara
Dec 02, 2014
Lauriero
Jul 22, 2014
  • The Best Veggie Burgers on the Planet: 101 Globally Inspired Vegan Creations Packed with Fresh Flavors and Exciting New Tastes
  • Vegan Eats World: 300 International Recipes for Savoring the Planet
  • Cookin' Crunk: Eatin' Vegan in the Dirty South
  • The Inspired Vegan: Seasonal Ingredients, Creative Recipes, Mouthwatering Menus
  • Bake and Destroy: Good Food for Bad Vegans
  • Chloe's Vegan Desserts: More than 100 Exciting New Recipes for Cookies and Pies, Tarts and Cobblers, Cupcakes and Cakes--and More!
  • Spork-Fed: Super Fun and Flavorful Vegan Recipes from the Sisters of Spork Foods
  • The Great Vegan Bean Book
  • Caribbean Vegan: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Authentic Island Cuisine for Every Occasion
  • Artisan Vegan Cheese
  • Candle 79 Cookbook: Modern Vegan Classics from New York's Premier Sustainable Restaurant
  • Sticky Fingers' Sweets: 100 Super-Secret Vegan Recipes
  • The Sexy Vegan Cookbook: Extraordinary Food from an Ordinary Dude
  • Party Vegan
  • Vegan Pie in the Sky: 75 Out-of-This-World Recipes for Pies, Tarts, Cobblers, Crumbles, and More
  • Wild About Greens: 125 Delicious Recipes from Hearty Soups & Stews to Succulent Sautes & Smoothies
  • Vegan Casseroles: Pasta Bakes, Gratins, Pot Pies, and More
  • Let Them Eat Vegan!: 200 Deliciously Satisfying Plant-Powered Recipes for the Whole Family