Start by marking “Kitty's Cuddles” as Want to Read:
Kitty's Cuddles

Kitty's Cuddles

How does Peacock cuddle? Feathery and bright. How does Big Bear cuddle? Safe and fluffy. Kitty is trying out all different kinds of cuddles, but which is his favorite? The soft, warm snuggle of his baby brother. Full color.
Published April 1st 2007 by Holiday House (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Kitty's Cuddles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitty's Cuddles

Start your review of Kitty's Cuddles
midnightfaerie
Oct 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Cabrera is a great author for the younger crowd. My twin 3 yr old's loved it. Colorful fun pictures that helps get the child engaged and keeps them engaged. The illustrations were paintings that had a unique brushstroke and the colors were so vibrant! Cabrera has a style all her own. Loved the paintings especially! Also, many of her books have themes that are popular children’s songs, so immediately her books grabbed my preschoolers attention. A great addition to any children's library.
Anna
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Such a cute book featuring different type of hugs from different animals. The illustrations are paintings and they're gorgeous! Love the detail and how you can see the brushstrokes. I loved the illustrations so much! Plus I love cats so this was a win-win for me. The cat is so cute!

SPOILERS AHEAD:

The end was not what I expected at all! I totally thought it would be a human, but it was actually for its baby brother, which was surprising, but darling and lovely. This book could totally be read to
Tori
Kitty describes the different kinds of cuddles she gets from her friends, "Big Bear's cozy, fluffy cuddle" or "Happy Frog's squidgy, quidgy cuddle", for example. Who gives the best cuddles? At the end, she declares it's her new baby brother. Cute illustrations, lots of different animal friends. I can see this generating some fun discussions during toddler storytime. Perhaps a good pick for Valentine's?
June
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents requests for new sibling without any angst or jealousy
Recommended to June by: Katie, Lizzie and Polly
A cute simple story for those parents requesting a new sibling book without any angst or rivalry.

A cat talks about all the different cuddles she gets from various animals, but the best one is from...
Melissa
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's a book about a cat and cuddles, clearly I am going to give it four stars just based off of that!
Diana
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime, kids
Such a cute little book. I love the illustrations, and the story, while simple, is a good one. Great for talking about animals or about familial love.
Marisa
Short and sweet
Novelist: Pre-Kindergarten - 12
Amazon: 4 - 8 years
jada depper
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can anyone tell me how to read kitty cuddles please
Miss Sarah
A kitten talks about hugging her friends who are differnt animals but. who is her favorite person to hug or cuddle? toddler and up. nice for new siblings
Natasha
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jane Cabrera is always a favorite. The last page gets a big, "Aw, cute" each time we read it from my toddler who loves everything cats.
Wendy
Cute kitty getting cuddles was a hit with my little cat-lover.
Jo Oehrlein
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Bright colorful pictures of a cat cuddling with various animals.

Nice way to teach different animals and adjectives.

The favorite cuddle of all, though, is Kitty's baby brother.
Tayler K
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kitty cuddles with his many different animal friends.

Cute story, really fun, vibrant illustrations. :)
Cara Byrne
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet book - and perfect for a new sibling who wishes that her little sister was a cat (like my 3-year-old daughter).
jacky
Feb 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Natalie has been quite found of her kitty toy and Ellie kitty recently, so I figured a book about a cat hugging couldn't go wrong. I was surprised when I realized that we own another book by the author (If You're Happy and You Know It), but could see the same style in the illustrations. There is a variety in the animals the kitty hugs (peacock, armadillo, mouse) without leaving out favorites (elephant, bear). I liked the unexpected choice of her baby brother being her favorite hug. It actually ...more
Kelsey
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Kitty's Cuddles features an adorable kitten that explores different kinds of cuddles with different animals. Finally, kitty decides that the best cuddles come from a new baby brother. The book features bright painted illustrations with simple lines. Each page features a new animal with one question about the kind of cuddle the animal provides. The bold black text and simple format make the book appropriate for teaching print awareness skills. Children may also learn new adjectives with each kind ...more
Vivian
May 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Instead of cats or clothes changing colors in this story, the friends come in a variety of colors. Using this in a library story time, I asked the children to name the color of the "cuddlers". Then, of course, I asked what sounds they make. Children LOVE making animal sounds!
Mouse is pink. (squeek)
Peacocj us blue. (meowk)
Bear is beige. (grrr)
Frog is green. (ribbit)
Monkey is brown. (ooo-ooo-eee-eee)
Elephant is gray. (eee-ooo)
Octopus is orange. (blub blub)
Porcupine is black. (prickly!)
Armadillo is
IrenesBookReviews
Nov 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
A kitten likes to get cuddles (hugs) from his different friends. Each friend gives a different kind of cuddle. The book starts with the kitty asking who we think his favorite friend cuddle is from. In the end it is from his new baby brother. I liked that hugging was the main story line. You always hear about hateful things people do so it was nice to read a book that showed how being kind is a good thing.

Melissa
A list of hugs, with Cabrera's signature bright, clear illustrations. I especially like the variety of animals (peacock, octopus) and that the armadillo and the porcupine, which are less intuitively "cuddly" animals, are still presented in a positive way (the porcupine has a "careful" cuddle and the armadillo has a "safe" cuddle).
Meg McGregor
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-lexi
How does Peacock cuddle? Feathery and bright.

How does Big Bear cuddle? Safe and fluffy.

Kitty is trying out all different kinds of cuddles, but which is his favorite?

The soft, warm snuggle of his baby brother.

A perfect book to read before bedtime or anytime of the day.

Read again on June 20, 2014 and I loved it even more this time!
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at Baby/Toddler Story Time on 8/16/11: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Baby/Toddler Lap Time on 2/3/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at drop-in story time on 7/12/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Claire
Nov 20, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Who doesn’t like cuddles? Kitty does, but what kind of cuddles does Kitty like best? Her new baby brother, of course! Beautiful, bright illustrations, and a great book for children who might have, or be getting new siblings. For younger children I would think.
Ashley Massa
Sep 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Picture Book 10
This book was a very simple and colorful story that would be a great read aloud for young children. I liked the illustrations of every animal that was written about and the sweet kitten that narrated the story.
Christine
This book has a lot of animals for kids to identify as it's read. It was also a big hit with toddlers at storytime. I wish the that rhyme pattern continued all the way through the last line, but otherwise it was a very cute book.
Samantha
Kitty loves to cuddles, but who is Kitty's favorite cuddle buddy?

Great read aloud with vibrant painted illustrations. I especially loved the brushstrokes on the peacock and the bear as it added a lot of visual texture.
Elaine
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Meg
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cats, children
Though the text leaves a little something to be desired, the illustrations in this book are warm and soft and lovely. A great read for the youngest of children (0-3), and a good pick for those who are about to have a new baby brother or baby sister.
Joy
Mar 11, 2011 rated it liked it
Simple story, and sweet, colorful illustrations. The text isn't anything special, but the simplicity makes this work as a read-aloud.
Guen
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
My four year old daughter said, "I love it. It is so cuddly."

• Stack the Cats
  • My Heart
  • The Road Home
  • Forever
  • Everything
  • A Hop Is Up
  • The Princess in Black (The Princess in Black, #1)
  • Smick!
  • No Matter What
  • Happy
  • Bears in the Snow
  • Ella Sets The Stage
  • Love, Mama
  • Little Fox in the Forest
  • Toot & Puddle: Let It Snow
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home: Spider-Man Swings Through Europe!
  • Roly Poly
  • Bear Counts
Jane Cabrera is best known as an Author and Illustrator of Children's Books.
She has written and illustrated 56 books which have been translated into over 25 languages and won awards in the US and Europe. She lives on the edge of beautiful Dartmoor National Park in the UK.
Her books range from picture story books to concept board books for babies.