Start by marking “Hunters: The Beginning (Hunters, #1 and #2)” as Want to Read:
Hunters: The Beginning (Hunters, #1 and #2)

Hunters: The Beginning

(The Hunters #1 & 2)

The Hunters - Declan and Tori Book 1 in The Hunters series.
She was just doing her job, tracking down a nutcase who was stalking a young dancer. And then the unspeakable and impossible happened. She was bitten.A newly turned vampire, Tori is alone and starving and she doesn't know what to do. But she knows who to turn to - gorgeous, mouthwatering Declan - a police detective
Published May 14th 2004 by Ellora's Cave Publishing, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Hunters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hunters

marlene
Jul 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i even managed to like these for the plot and not the rather amazing three way action. no really, i did. i swear. it's a nice change to see the "monsters" of the world getting together to form a council to save the humans and non alike from the criminals and those who would prey on them. of course adding in a healthy dose of previously mentioned three way scenes didn't hurt any either.
Jean
Mar 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
I liked the two stories in this book and look forward to reading more of this series in the future. The sex is frequent and steamy, but the relationships are decent for such short stories.
ALPHAreader
Jun 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
I recently read (and loved!) Shiloh Walker’s stand-alone paranormal romance novel, ‘The Missing’. I had been meaning to read a Shiloh Walker novel for some time, based on the solid recommendations of many fellow paranormal-romance lovers who highly recommend her work.

So I decided to give her long-running paranormal erotica series, ‘The Hunters’ a read. This series is currently eleven books deep, and have recently been re-released to include two-stories-for-one.

I was really excited to delve in
Quinn
Hunters: The Beginning contains the first two novellas in Shiloh Walker's Hunters series - the stories of Declan and Tori and Eli and Sarel.

Declan and Tori does a surprisingly good job of introducing the paranormal world of the Hunters, while also including a plot and some smoking hot love scenes - all in 159 pages.

28-year-old Tori is practical, sensible and doesn't believe in fanciful superstitions - until she suddenly finds herself attacked by one very real, very nasty vampire. Tori fights bac
Sherry
I just could not get into this book. I like sex in my romance books just fine but this book felt like the story line was just a way to get to the sex scenes and then even those felt rushed. I don't know if it was becuase these were short stories and it is always hard to develop a good story line when you are constrained by the length, but I just couldn't get through this one. Looks like this series is not for me.
Olive
Mar 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a very good book. If you like vampires and shape shifters, you will like this book. A fast read that you don't want to put down. After I read the first book, I bought all the books in the series.

I like the way Shiloh Walker writes.
graveyardgremlin
Oct 05, 2009 rated it it was ok
Honestly, I can't believe I read the whole thing. Here's the premise of the first story: Girl gets turned into vamp. Has sex. Has some more sex. A tiny bit of plot. Even kinkier sex. Sex, sex, sex. And more sex than plot throughout the remainder of the story. Honestly the redundancy got really boring. Now, I knew this was erotica (or Erotic Romance as it says on the spine) going into this, but I had read that there was a good plot in there too. I would think even erotica would have at least equa ...more
Kathy Davie
Jan 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Sheba
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was ok
Woah! The Hunters series is straight-up "smut," in the vein of 70s "smut" novels (the ones with the awful titles and noir-ish covers). Only the premise of the characters has changed, and even then it's not a far leap from the primarily Neanderthal male characters (generally werewolves in Walker's work) and "smart but sexy" tough females with bewitching charm (generally witches in Walker's work) of those 70s novels in Walker's hands. There are vampires and werewolves and witches, sure, but their ...more
Anita
This book is erotica, so if that's not your thing, stop reading.

This is two short books rolled into one volume. The whole series is violent contemporary/urban fantasy with really huge breaks in the action to have sex. Honestly, I didn't even know this series was erotica when I put it on my Christmas list. My brother in law bought it for me - slightly embarassing. Fortunately, he didn't realize it was erotica either, though we had a good laugh when I told my husband.

The first story is about Tori
Lisa X
Aug 11, 2010 rated it did not like it
A horrible start to an apparently very popular series. I've read Walker's "The Missing" which I loved but this book is a far cry from that book. It took be months to read this book. I kept picking it up, reading a few pages and then putting it down again.

The book is mostly sex and no plot. The little plot and story you do get is so utterly butchered. I cant believe this thing got published and the reason for its popularity is beyond me.

I have the next three books but I'm not sure if I can stom
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hunters

Of course I loved this book! I love paranormal loves stories with drama, love, fighting, and steamy sex scenes so I loved this! It's not for anyone who can't handle steamy scenes so of course I think it was fabulous.
L Bongiorno
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it
I like a little more story and romance, less threesomes and more twosomes... I read where the books go more this direction later in the series when her publishers are changed. I will probably continue along to see, seeing how I already own these.
Bridget
Dec 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: hot, paranormel
Enjoyed Tori and Declan's story but wish the character's were more developed. Eli and Sarel's romance has less depth and it is hard to feel much empathy with any of them. I get the need to set up the "hot" parts, but was hoping for more. We'll see with the next.
Abernathy
Jan 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a really good series. Not to mention how hot and intense some parts in the book are.
Mychelle Williamson
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think the story is good but the books are a bit short.
Schultzies Lady
Nov 14, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: series, e-book
Sex, sex and more sex with a bit of a storyline.
Kelly
May 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: hot-hot-hot
Just wasn't feeling anything for the characters in this book. The sex was hot as hell, though, so I gave it an extra star for that!
Moka
Mar 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great! I love the mixture fantasy, fate: the one, love and sex.
Flitterkit
Nov 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
only read 2, Eli and Sarel so far. Very enjoyable.
Roksana
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
I love a good erotica but it just got too much. I read maybe a couple of these and then returned the rest of the series back to the library. I love Shiloh but this is Def not a series I enjoyed. :(
Emmi
Jan 29, 2011 added it
5 star series recco
Maya
Oct 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
This book is more erotica than paranormal romance - which is what I was expecting. It really focus on the sex between characters than anything else going on.
Erotic Horizon
The Hunters: The Beginning by Shiloh Walker (2004)
Michelle
Nov 16, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Didn't even try to force myself to read this through to the end.
Aileen
Aug 15, 2012
Lothloriengale
Mar 08, 2013
Shiloh Walker's HUNTER'S NEED Just Released! 1 5 Dec 02, 2009 04:37AM
  • Dark Elves: Salvation (Dark Elves #3 & #4)
  • Razor's Edge (Horde Wars, #3)
  • Private Places (The Men and Women's Club, #2, The Courtesan Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Slade (Shadow Wranglers, #4)
  • Blood of the Rose (The Embraced, #1)
  • Instinctive (Eternal Pleasure, #1)
  • Finding Strength (Finding Strength, #1-2)
  • Sexy Devil (Psychic Hunters #1)
  • Candid Camera (Were Watching, #1)
  • Triple Play (Play, Prequel)
  • Into the Darkness (Dark Realm, #1)
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • Sweeter Than Wine (Tales of the Were: Brotherhood of Blood #4)
  • Wicked Hot
  • Wicked Sacrifice (Bound Hearts, #4-5)
  • Demon's Fire (Tale of the Demon World, #6)
  • Secret Thirst
  • The Twelve Quickies of Christmas (Volume 2)
Hello... thanks for swinging by. I don't log into Goodreads much, so if you have questions, please visit my website to email me through my site.
Thank you!

My other me.... J.C. Daniels

And an experimental me that I put to sleep. J. Dallas

Bio...

Shiloh Walker has been writing since she was a kid. She fell in love with vampires with the book Bunnicula and has worked her way up to the more...ah...serio

The Hunters (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Declan and Tori (The Hunters, #1)
  • Eli and Sarel (The Hunters, #2)
  • Byron and Kit (The Hunters, #3)
  • Jonathan and Lori (The Hunters, #4)
  • Ben and Shadoe (The Hunters, #5)
  • Rafe and Sheila (The Hunters, #6)
  • I'll Be Hunting You (The Hunters, #7)
  • Hunting the Hunter (The Hunters, #8)
  • Heart and Soul (The Hunters, #9-10)
  • Hunter's Salvation (The Hunters, #11)