Start by marking “100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book III” as Want to Read:
100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book III

100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book III

(100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition #3)

The third deluxe hardcover edition of the best-selling graphic novels series 100 Bullets written by Brian Azzarello and illustrated by Eduardo Risso. This dark and intriguing Eisner Award-winning series features a mysterious agent named Graves who approaches ordinary citizens and gives them an opportunity to exact revenge on a person who has wronged them.
Published September 1st 2012 by Titan Books (UK)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Bullets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Bullets

Ill D
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Gentlemen and Scholars
With 2 Herculean mega-compendiums down, the 1k page count is passed. Only adding to the vast deluge of blood, the origin myth of 100 Bullets is spelled with the red ink of spilled its own life fluid. Draped and crimson and churned alongside hefty doses of history and conspiracy, the result is frothy with life-addled excellence.

What has been merely hinted at before, has had muscle and guts added to its misty skeletal structure. Finally, able to walk on its own, the shadowiness has been lifted som
Nov 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really love this entire series. Hard edged noir all the way through. Although the series starts to lose steam for me around the 10th tpb, when they start to focus on the Trust a little too much for me. And you might go from loving Agent Graves to hating him. Still there are so many great self-contained tales before you get to that point. I heartily recommend this one to any fan of crime fiction.
Christopher (Donut)
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hoopla-comics
Book Three of the new edition collects "Six Feet under the Gun," "Samurai," and "The Hard Way," books six, seven, and eight of the original trade collections.

I thought I had read them all before, but there were gaps in my reading or my memory. The new 'deluxe' collections are a great way to get the story (which is sort of an epic) together in one place (or at least five places).

The art obviously owes a debt to Frank Miller's Sin City, but Risso draws better than Miller. The pupil has become the
David Schaafsma
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gn-crime
This is a huge compilation and a lot of now obviously interlocking story arcs with increasingly interesting characters that you come to care about. Some even moving, such as the jazz musician story. Tigers make their way into one story. Thrown bear traps in another. I like that Wylie, and April, a lot. Lono is a Miller type character, cartoonly muscled, crazy, and even he is someone you come to care about (as you do with Miller's characters).

Not for the squeamish, this 100 Bullets, that's for s
Lono
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Azzarello and Risso continue to KILL IT with this exceptionally satisfying 3rd volume. This edition probably hits the high water mark for the series. Several great arcs are included. Below are four of my most adored. Things are slowly starting to come together as we cross the halfway point of this lengthy tale. New characters are introduced and we catch up with some old ones. And not everybody makes it out alive.

"Chill in the Oven" is another of my all-time favorites. It smacks of HBO's "OZ", on
Aildiin
Jun 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Still as good as ever however this is the first book that made me realize I should have read the whole serie at once and not spread over a year. There are subtle clues in some pages that puts new light on a story taking place 400 pages later. Everything is interconnected and I have forgotten a lot of the small stuff that happened in the first book. As it is, once I finally get the 5th deluxe book, I will have to reread everything from start.
Quintin Zimmermann
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
This sprawling, overrated epic has an interest plot device, but it continually repeats, over and over, with diminishing returns.

With uninspiring, washed out artwork, this intertwining, multifaceted storyline grinds towards banality.
Dorin
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm somewhat disappointed by the lack of focus. I do understand that there's some story development, but I grow tired of side-stepping, of focusing on other things, of half-reveals and useless violence. It's not that the violence is too much, it's only that violence became arcade-y, meaningless.

There are some interesting stories, but the overall story, the big one, is really fuzzy. At least it is for me. And that „magic word” thing is just boring.
Robert
another excellent installment, slightly downgraded by my confusion with the characters - even a 2 page recap to start would have been a great help.
Antone Abbott
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This series will blow your mind over and over until there is nothing left but bullets, treachery, blood, and awesomesauce everywhere. A must read.
Eric
Jan 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Underwhelming. An interesting idea that was carried on far too long.
Xisix
Oct 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed more than Book 2 of series. Felt characters and stories had more relevance. Lono survives wounds and goes to prison. Wylie, Shephard and Dizzy have encounters in the Big Sleazy aka New Orleans. Besides the individual vignettes, macrocosm of the Trust versus the former Minutemen goes on. Tying thirteen families into Croatoa mystery in Roanoke was a cunning stroke.
Aaron
Nov 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series started at 5 stars and has consistently gotten better, so I wish I could give this thing 7 stars to show how much I loved this volume. At this point the storytelling has fully moved shifted into high gear, spending the vast majority of its time on the Trust and the Minutemen, the main players in the overall series arc. Yet even though we've moved into much grander, bolder, conspiracy-theory level plots, each storyline still stays thoroughly focused on one or two characters, letting y ...more
zackxdig
Out of all the 100 Bullets stories I have read this far, this one seems to stick out the most for me. Maybe it's the jazz musician or the tigers or the thrown bear traps. Who am I kidding, throwing bear traps at people is quite possibly the cruelest backwater way to attack someone. That's definitely high up there on why this sticks out the most for me. Azzarello & Risso never cease to disappoint.
Brendon
Feb 11, 2014 rated it liked it
It was okay I guess. Some of the plot and almost all of the dialogue was dumb, but the story overall was okay (albeit pretty goddamn hard to follow). Except for the ending, which was just not executed well (pun!) at all. I'd probably read it again someday and find it easier to follow.
Morgan
CROATOA! Big things are relieved in this volume.
Steve
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
A masterpiece. The dialogue rings so true.
Melissa
May 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVE THIS SERIES
Onur Kaya
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This shit is too good.
Mike
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dark. Dirty. Wild. Surprising. Even darker. A little sickening but oh so gratifying!

Damn this was a good book - exactly what a crime comic book should be, and I loved every minute of it.
Russio
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it
How on earth did readers of the original comic manage to keep an eye on all of the plot developments in this darkest of modern noirs? This 22-volume missile swoops around various connected stories, although the threads are still very much coming together. Despite reading the previous 36 instalments fairly recently, I tend to end up thinking "Have I seen this character before" an awful lot.

Helped when a series runs for a couple or more episodes, I think this will make more sense with a rereading
Romulus
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Genialna. Chyba najlepsza z dotychczasowych części tego zbiorczego wydania. Gęsta, soczysta fabuła. Genialne epizody. Wreszcie, cała dotychczasowafabuł wreszcie się zazębia, wątki się łączą i to tak, że serducho momentami przyspiesza a szczęka też może opaść. Must have. Must read.
Martijn Van
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DAMN! This is good! Incerdible dialogue and editing. Like the cover says, this really is one of the best written crime series in any medium.
Marek Michalak
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The plot starts moving forward at a steady pace and I thought personally some of those side stories were best to date, with a true punch of an ending.
Darth
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the mythology behind the Minutemen. I wish he delved more into that.
Lono
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing

1000rpm
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Actually I just re-read one of this series of graphic novels, "Dirty". They are astonishing books with amazing art that superbly expands and fleshes out the story.
100 Bullets starts with an old guy in a suit offering, seemingly at random, a briefcase containing a gun and 100 untraceable, unprosecuteable bullets. I.e. Bullets that you can use for anything and you will not be troubled by the law. This happens to a few people who have seemingly moral dilemmas and an enemy. The case also contains pr
Shannon Way
May 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I was skeptical when this series was first recommended to me. but i was happily proven wrong. it is incredibly original and the story and characters and basic plot ( no spoilers ) are unique yet wonderfully intertwined in an awesome arch. i was turning pages till dawn on this one. went out and picked up the next volume the very next day. if you like books like y the last man or preacher or walking dead, anything with more sustenance then your average super hero book ( not knocking em ) then this ...more
Crisanto J. Jorda
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: conspiracists, cynics, philosophers
Absolutely brilliant and dark story that raises poignant questions about morality and revenge fulfillment. With a rich, deeply flawed cast, 100 Bullets is one of the most riveting noir dramas in which I both hated and loved every character.

If you like Illuminati theories and assassin stories, do read this.
Gary
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm loving this series. The stakes are raised in book 3, I'm eager to see what happens next with the Minutemen. The art seems to have gotten better than in the first couple books, and the writing is more complex with flashbacks regularly occurring to fill in the blanks within the story. I recommend this series to people who enjoy mature graphic novels.
  • Criminal: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2
  • Chew: The Omnivore Edition, Vol. 3
  • Punisher Max: The Complete Collection, Vol. 2
  • Ex Machina: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 4
  • The Goon, Volume 11: The Deformed of Body and the Devious of Mind
  • DMZ The Deluxe Edition Book Two
  • Stray Bullets, Vol. 1
  • Scalped, Vol. 7: Rez Blues (Scalped, #7)
  • Fables (The Deluxe Edition, #6)
  • Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • Hack/Slash Volume 3: Friday the 31st (Hack/Slash)
  • The Manhattan Projects, Vol. 6: The Sun Beyond the Stars
Brian Azzarello (born in Cleveland, Ohio) is an American comic book writer. He came to prominence with 100 Bullets, published by DC Comics' mature-audience imprint Vertigo. He and Argentine artist Eduardo Risso, with whom Azzarello first worked on Jonny Double, won the 2001 Eisner Award for Best Serialized Story for 100 Bullets #15–18: "Hang Up on the Hang Low".

Azzarello has written for Batman ("B

100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition (5 books)
  • 100 Bullets: The Deluxe Edition Book I