Start by marking “Dirty Dog Boogie” as Want to Read:
Dirty Dog Boogie

Dirty Dog Boogie

4.54  ·  Rating details ·  13 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
This collection of original poems will knock your socks off, and Lesynski has just the poem for that event: Sock Fluff. Her poetry is an invitation to be witty, expressive and creative, and her words demonstrate just how much fun poetry and everyday life can be. Topics range from sending out an SOS for delicious sausages, imagining what it would be like to have a brudda na ...more
Published February 1st 2002 by Annick Press (first published March 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Dog Boogie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Dog Boogie

Lbrown107
There are so many things you could do with this book! It is full of silly rhyming and describing words that make up a poem. I think young writers would love to use this book to get ideas for their own poems. If young writers were having a hard time finding a rhyming or describing word in their own work, I would direct them to this book for ideas. I also noticed that this book had a long table of contents so I think that I could even use this book to do a mini-lesson about on that.
JustOneMoreBook.com
Aug 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
If these thirty-two pages of flipping, flopping, bouncing, buzzing, twitching, itching, hissing, humming, fizzing, popping, whizzing, waltzing, shaking, leaping, rug-cutting rhyme don't get your toes tapping, we'd like to hear about it.

You can listen in on our chat about this book on our Just One More Book! Children's Book Podcast.
Daniela
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry
Dirty Dog Boogie is a collection of original poems written by Loris Lesynski. This is a wonderful poetry book for beginning writers. Lesynski does a wonderful job using every day life problems and feeling to capture the attention of young readers and writers.The poems range in length and include illustrations to help kids better understand the poem and add humor. My favorite poems from this collection were I Hate Poetry!, Mozza Mozza, and Wet Feet.
Breanna DeAngelis
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poems
I really enjoyed all the different types of poems offered in this book. They are fun and silly which will make kids want to read them. They have simple words for kids to read and there are some illustrations to go along with it that help capture the overall goal of the poem. I would highly suggest this book of poems for children to read.
Dakeyras