Start by marking “Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (Movie Novelization)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (Movie Novelization)

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (Movie Novelization)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Enter the magical world of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium!

Read all about the world of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium in this novelization retelling of the entire movie.
Published October 1st 2007 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Rebecca McNutt
I wouldn't call this book terrible per-say, but 48 pages of flat words with no vocabulary is hardly what I'd call "magical", although I did love the film when I was a kid.
LuAnn
May 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
I will admit I had high hopes for this movie, and then left the theater disappointed. The ending was not well-edited and I thought the outcome had been different from what I expected. I felt let-down by the story instead of uplifted. So, I decided to read the book to explore the ending again, and this time I was not disappointed. So, the film's editor must not have done a very good job at portraying what really happened at the end, but the author did. Ah, how often that very scenerio is true! An ...more
Jenn
Dec 03, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
While this book is intended for an upper elementary audience I would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the movie. The writing is simplistic and the chapters short but that does not take away from the content or meaning.

I must state that I *loved* this movie and therefore equally loved the book. The book goes along with the movie quite splendidly, sharing similiar details and description.

The book begins one chapter earlier and ends on chapter later than the movie.

Great read and I believe anyon
Cyndi
Oct 25, 2008 rated it liked it
Read with the girls. We all enjoyed it.
Lee
Jan 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this quick read. It is an adventure into magical fun. the movie is such fun and the book gives much background information about how the Magic Emporium came to be. Good clean fun.
Ashleigh.d
Jul 03, 2011 rated it liked it
molly is the maneger of mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium and when the 243 year old mr magorium gives the store to her dark things start happening in the store.
Lisa
Apr 08, 2008 added it
I really enjoyed this! I heard the movie didn't get very good reviews but I thought the story was delightful.
Marti
Nov 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
Sweet & delightful.
Aidan Michael
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Mr Magorium is leaving the store. But his assistant does not believe in herself.The Congreve Cube that Mr Magorium has given her helps with magic helping her to believe in herself.
Allie
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I played the movie in my head the whole time I was reading the book! There were quite a few grammar errors in this book, but most of them were easy to ignore.
Michele
Apr 01, 2008 rated it it was ok
It wasn't bad but it was kind of too babyish.
Kathleen
Jul 03, 2009 rated it liked it
I read this because of a review (my apologies--I don't remember whose) that said it helped make sense of the movie. So now, when I get around to seeing the movie, I'll "get it."
Laurie
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing!
04ChristopherJ Johnson
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a sad storie with fun and magic. It was a good up lift also even thogh Mr. Magorium dies. Also I like when mutant belives in mahony in the end.
Cassandra
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Wind Tamer
  • The Waterstone
  • The Princess and the Peabodys
  • The Broken Blade (Pierre La Page #1)
  • Pirate Girl
  • The Monsters of Morley Manor: A Madcap Adventure
  • The Society (Forbidden Doors, #1)
  • Tabby in the Tub (Animal Ark, #29)
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Spotted Cat Mystery (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #12)
  • Danny Dunn and the Smallifying Machine (Danny Dunn, #11)
  • Fortune's Magic Farm
  • The Door in the Lake
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Planted: A Book About Photosynthesis
  • Frantastic Voyage (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #5)
  • Help! I'm Trapped in Obedience School Again
  • Run With the Wind (Run Wild #1)
  • Magic School Bus and the Missing Tooth (Magic School Bus)
  • I Spy a School Bus
Suzanne Weyn grew up in Williston Park, Long Island, New York. She has three sisters and a brother. As a girl she was very interested in theater and in reading. Louisa May Alcott was her favorite author, but she also read every Sherlock Holmes story. Suzanne lived pretty close to the ocean and going to Jones Beach was one of her favorite activities Even today, if she goes too long without seeing t ...more
More about Suzanne Weyn
“Your life is an occasion. Rise to it.” 1006 likes
“When King Lear dies in act five, do you know what Shakespeare has written? He has written, 'He dies.' No more. No fanfare, no metaphor, no brilliant final words. The culmination of the most influential piece of dramatic literature is, 'He dies.' Now I am not asking you to be happy at my leaving but all I ask you to do is to turn the page and let the next story begin.
-- Mr. Magorium”