Start by marking “Help for Women Under Stress: Preserving Your Sanity” as Want to Read:
Help for Women Under Stress: Preserving Your Sanity

Read Excerpt

Help for Women Under Stress: Preserving Your Sanity

Stress. It’s part of our everyday lives, sometimes as the spark that keeps us moving forward and sometimes as the avalanche that threatens to bury us. Chances are, since this book’s title has caught your eye, you are looking for some relief from stress, or at least hope that relief is possible.

In this thoroughly revised and updated edition of Help for Women Under Stress, o
Published March 12th 2013 by Eternal Perspective Ministries Publishing (first published October 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Help for Women Under Stress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Help for Women Under Stress

Gail Welborn
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
***Stress plagues women in modern society like never before, learn simple ways to handle stress***

Randy & Nanci Alcorn’s book, Women Under Stress is the only book they collaborated on in Randy’s remarkable writing career. When the book released twenty-eight years ago women of all ages found wisdom and insight about the causes and effects of stress with suggestions on how to deal with it. Especially the “…wife of a Christian leader who said…it kept her from taking her life…”

Is stress so life
Heather Cottrell
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book started out strong and the prayer at the beginning of the text is worth the price of admission. It ends a bit weaker with more common sense than spiritual wisdom.
Jenne Glover
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am not a chronically stressed woman but I go in and out of seasons that are extremely stressful. This book helped me take inventory of how my choices, attitudes, and personality impact how I experience stress. As I read through the wide range of topics covered I could see areas of my life where I have made progress (like letting go of things that are outside my control and focusing on God who is sovereign) and where I can focus when my stress level raises to an unhealthy level (for example get ...more
Beth
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wouldn't normally have picked this up, but someone shared it as a free download for Kindle a while back. Overall, it was a good book and could be helpful for anyone dealing with stress, particularly moms of young children. It has the advice you would expect: don't over-commit, take care of yourself, rest, ask for help if needed, etc. Overall, it was a quick read, and I always enjoy Alcorn's writing.
Sandy Williams
May 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
My summer book club did this book and I didn't love it. I don't really want to read a book called "Help for Women Under Stress" written mostly by a man. Sure, he claims his wife wrote along side him, but whatever. Separate from having that chip on my shoulder, I just generally didn't like it much.
Tami Parks
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book started with a bang and I was so encouraged. But, in the middle chapters, I felt a condescending tone at times, especially when talking to mothers who work outside the home.

Worth the read, but not different from other books about handing stress. I really wanted it to be!
Michelle Simpson
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other
Excellent. Very helpful.
Tina
Dec 12, 2015 rated it liked it
There are many tips for de-stressing that were helpful reminders. I hope to use the tips for relaxation that they recommend.
J
Apr 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway.

As a woman under stress, this certainly gave a few tips.
DeAnn Oneill
Nov 03, 2017
Nancy Boyd
May 29, 2014
ANNATHOMAS ALBA
rated it did not like it
Oct 17, 2015

• Love Your Skin: Expert Skin Care Secrets Exposed
  • Jesus in the Present Tense: The I AM Statements of Christ
  • The Civil War in 50 Objects
  • Jesus, the Ultimate Therapist: Healing Without Limits
  • The Satirist: America's Most Critical Book (vol. 1)
  • Your Magnetic Mind
  • The Promises of God: Discovering the One Who Keeps His Word
  • Beautiful Battlefields
  • Living in the Abundance of God
  • Grieving God's Way: The Path to Lasting Hope and Healing
  • Why Trust Jesus?: An Honest Look at Doubts, Plans, Hurts, Desires, Gripes, Questions, and Pleasures
  • Unfriend Yourself
  • My Greek Drama: Life, Love, and One Woman's Olympic Effort to Bring Glory to Her Country
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim