Start by marking “Help for Women Under Stress: Preserving Your Sanity” as Want to Read:
Help for Women Under Stress: Preserving Your Sanity

Read Excerpt

Help for Women Under Stress: Preserving Your Sanity

Stress. It’s part of our everyday lives, sometimes as the spark that keeps us moving forward and sometimes as the avalanche that threatens to bury us. Chances are, since this book’s title has caught your eye, you are looking for some relief from stress, or at least hope that relief is possible.

In this thoroughly revised and updated edition of Help for Women Under Stress, o
Published March 12th 2013 by Eternal Perspective Ministries Publishing (first published October 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Help for Women Under Stress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Help for Women Under Stress

Start your review of Help for Women Under Stress: Preserving Your Sanity
Joy
Jul 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This books surprised me with how necessary and helpful it was. Randy and Nanci did an amazing job of encouraging the reader to turn to the Lord and also revamp practical areas in their lives to better cope with stress. A must read for every woman!
Gail Welborn
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
***Stress plagues women in modern society like never before, learn simple ways to handle stress***

Randy & Nanci Alcorn’s book, Women Under Stress is the only book they collaborated on in Randy’s remarkable writing career. When the book released twenty-eight years ago women of all ages found wisdom and insight about the causes and effects of stress with suggestions on how to deal with it. Especially the “…wife of a Christian leader who said…it kept her from taking her life…”

Is stress so life-imp
Heather
May 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book started out strong and the prayer at the beginning of the text is worth the price of admission. It ends a bit weaker with more common sense than spiritual wisdom.
Aubrey Franzone
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Practical steps for recognizing and managing stress in your life. This book dives into many areas that contribute to stress in our lives from inward battles to outside factors. Easy read and clear steps to help women under stress.
Jenne Glover
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am not a chronically stressed woman but I go in and out of seasons that are extremely stressful. This book helped me take inventory of how my choices, attitudes, and personality impact how I experience stress. As I read through the wide range of topics covered I could see areas of my life where I have made progress (like letting go of things that are outside my control and focusing on God who is sovereign) and where I can focus when my stress level raises to an unhealthy level (for example get ...more
Beth
Jan 29, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wouldn't normally have picked this up, but someone shared it as a free download for Kindle a while back. Overall, it was a good book and could be helpful for anyone dealing with stress, particularly moms of young children. It has the advice you would expect: don't over-commit, take care of yourself, rest, ask for help if needed, etc. Overall, it was a quick read, and I always enjoy Alcorn's writing. ...more
Sandy Williams
May 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
My summer book club did this book and I didn't love it. I don't really want to read a book called "Help for Women Under Stress" written mostly by a man. Sure, he claims his wife wrote along side him, but whatever. Separate from having that chip on my shoulder, I just generally didn't like it much. ...more
Tami Parks
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book started with a bang and I was so encouraged. But, in the middle chapters, I felt a condescending tone at times, especially when talking to mothers who work outside the home.

Worth the read, but not different from other books about handing stress. I really wanted it to be!
Michelle Yager
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other
Excellent. Very helpful.
Tina
Dec 12, 2015 rated it liked it
There are many tips for de-stressing that were helpful reminders. I hope to use the tips for relaxation that they recommend.
J
Apr 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I won this in a Goodreads Giveaway.

As a woman under stress, this certainly gave a few tips.
DeAnn Oneill
Rachel
rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Yoga Store Murder: The Shocking True Account of the Lululemon Athletica Killing
  • Triggers: Exchanging Parents' Angry Reactions for Gentle Biblical Responses
  • A Mother's Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy
  • Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream
  • The Gospel Comes with a House Key
  • Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: Unleash a Revolution in Your Life In Christ
  • The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind, Survive Everyday Parenting Struggles, and Help Your Family Thrive
  • A Small Book about a Big Problem: Meditations on Anger, Patience, and Peace
  • The Peacemaker: A Biblical Guide to Resolving Personal Conflict
  • A Grace Disguised: How the Soul Grows through Loss
  • The Preacher’s Wife: The Precarious Power of Evangelical Women Celebrities
  • The Oregon Trail: A New American Journey
  • Voices from Chernobyl: The Oral History of a Nuclear Disaster
  • Twenty-one Truths About Love
  • The Last
  • Reading People: How Seeing the World through the Lens of Personality Changes Everything
  • Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving, and Finding the Church
  • Betsy-Tacy (Betsy-Tacy, #1)
Randy Alcorn is the founder of Eternal Perspective Ministries (EPM), a nonprofit organization dedicated to teaching biblical truth and drawing attention to the needy and how to help them. EPM exists to meet the needs of the unreached, unfed, unborn, uneducated, unreconciled and unsupported people around the world.

"My ministry focus is communicating the strategic importance of using our earthly tim