Start by marking “Teeny Tiny Mouse” as Want to Read:
Teeny Tiny Mouse

Teeny Tiny Mouse

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  106 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
A teeny, tiny mouse and his mommy point out objects of various colors all around their teeny, tiny house.
Paperback
Published February 1st 1998 by Troll Communications

To ask other readers questions about Teeny Tiny Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teeny Tiny Mouse

Jessica
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Color books are always fun because it's fun for kids to read about all the different things that can be a certain color. I liked how this book gave more than one example for each color. Blue wasn't just for the blue sky, but it was for the blue ball rolling down the hall and the blue pot, or whatever else. There were about five examples for each color. The rhyming is always a plus too. I'm a fan of rhyming! It makes it fun to read aloud to kids, and this is certainly one I'd have fun reading alo ...more
Nicole Doerr
Apr 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
This is such a sweet little book about colors. It is a picture book. The author uses repitiion and ryhmying words. It is a silly story of a mouse who lives in a a little house. The mouse asks the reader to find things in the pictures that are a certain color. The illustration are very detailed and cute. This is for children in preschool learning their colors. This book could be used in many ways. One of them could be a lesson about things you find around the house.
Andrea
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun color book. This would work really well in a younger classroom. I noticed lots of things in the pictures that were also the color the mom asked about but that the baby mouse didn't mention so I think in class you could ask the kids about what other colors they see. Then you can do it around the classroom. Very fun!
Lierin Patterson
Nov 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
I think this book is an amazing way to help children learn how to learn about color. On every other page, the mother mouse asks if the little mouse can identify the colors in the room or the house. On the other pages, it lists what is that color. When reading it to a child, you could have them identify the colors before reading the answers. It's just a fun little book.
Pam
Jul 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I just love this book, especially the rhythmic words on each page. The pictures are fun, and you can find all the objects the teeny, tiny mouse names on each page. Got this through a monthly subscription for toddler fun and games and stories when C was little, and read it together many, many times. :)
Victoria Dimmitt
Feb 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, family, fiction
Cute, short story that you could read to a young child who is learning their colors. The mother and her baby mouse go through the house and list things in the house that are a certain color. Would be a good tool for a teacher or parent to use to help a child learn their colors.
Karissa Weekes
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 16-science
This is a great book to read with children and could be use interactively. They could guess the color it will talk about next by the color on the outside page and then find the things that are that color that teeny tiny mouse is going to see. Its a fun little book and has cute pictures.
Jaclyn
Nov 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-lit
I thought this book was a very pleasant read overall! I loved the rhyming of every color with each object it pertained to. I honestly thought it had a very nice visual aid and was a colorful layout. I liked how cute the mice were together. I lovedd every page.
Hannah
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This book would be a great way for children to learn colors. I liked how this book used rhyming words to teach about colors and gave specific examples to describe each color. The illustrations were fun to look at as it showed the specific color the teeny, tiny mouse was learning on each page.
Jaime
Apr 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great book for pre-schoolers!
Sarah Kiesche
Great book for PreK. This helps teach a child colors and how to categorize by color. Great for labeling and identifying objects around the house.
Lindsay
mice, colors - A little long, but fun to name items on each page.
Heather
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! Great for kids learning to read!
Erin
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
this book was definitely a fun way to look at colors for kids! I really enjoyed it as well. Great way to introduce colors to kids
Michelle
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Concept/ look and find book!
MJ
Nov 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Great!
Alissa Sparks
I found this book would be a wonderful book for pre-schoolers and first graders to learn their different colors.
Juliet
Nov 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 03-informational
A sweet little story about a mouse naming all of the colors in his teeny, tiny house. I thought the illustrations were really sweet and cute.
Jessie
Mar 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great book for teaching colors. Kids enjoy finding other things, of each color, that the little mouse missed.
Bree
Apr 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: preschool-books
Notes:
very cute and colorful
mouse gets ready for bed naming all the colorful things in the house
rhymey without being annoying and just enough repetition to engage
Amber
Apr 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Teaches about colors. Recommended for Pre-K/ K.
Dannika
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
We love this book. I don't remember where we got it, but it has been a favorite with all of my children over the past ten years.
Julianna
Feb 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: february
Lovely story teaching kids about colors. I love the rhymes and alliteration, and thought it was a really fun read.
Emily
Mar 02, 2015
Sylwia
Jun 03, 2014
Casey
Mar 23, 2016
Tiffany
rated it did not like it
Feb 18, 2017