Start by marking “The Prime Minister's Brain (Demon Headmaster, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Prime Minister's Brain (Demon Headmaster, #2)

The Prime Minister's Brain (The Demon Headmaster #2)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  279 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Everyone at school is playing the new computer game, Octopus Dare - but only Dinah is good enough to beat it. As it begins to take hold, Dinah realizes that the game is trying to control her. But why is it happening, and how is the Demon Headmaster involved?
Published November 19th 1987 by Puffin Books (first published June 25th 1985)

To ask other readers questions about The Prime Minister's Brain, please sign up.

Elizabeth Moffat
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Three and a half stars from me!

The Prime Minister's Brain, first published in 1985 by Puffin Books is another of our Kid-Lit books with a bit of history behind it. It's the follow up to The Demon Headmaster which Chrissi and I reviewed in our Kid Lit challenge last year and was also one of our favourite childhood reads. Reading The Prime Minister's Brain as an adult was a real nostalgia trip for me and, as a sequel, although it doesn't quite reach the dizzying heights of brilliance as The Demon
Jun 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
The sequel to The Demon Headmaster! I enjoyed this one a great deal more than its predecessor.

The computer game plotline dragged me right into the book when I was younger, and it did this time too. The book was written in the 80s, and reading the descriptions of these old-fashioned computers the characters were using was quite amusing. I loved that Cross made Dinah carry one of these monumental contraptions across London on the tube. She must have been having a laugh. No one used a mouse either
Apr 26, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-review
Book Review
Title: The Demon Headmaster And The Prime Minister's Brain
By: Gillian Cross

A great book for computer game lovers, this book is part of The Demon Headmaster series. It is a speculative fiction book. This book is an easy read because the vocabulary used is easy to understand. Gillian Cross is one of the best children's novelists and is also a winner of the Carnegie Medal. This book is for children between 10 - 12 years.

Dinah is likeable because like any other teenager she likes playin
Apr 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: seen-on-tv
Oh man, the TV series of this was so awesome! I remember being sick in bed and having a portable TV in my room so I could watch it in the mornings without getting up. Sweeeeet. (Except to turn the TV on, no remote.) (We only had one TV at a time growing up, but one year it half-died and we sent it off to be fixed, and my mother hired a small one to tide us over. It was hire by the month, and we got our set back within the week, so for the rest of that month I had the spare in my room.)
I brought this book home from the library for my sister to read (it is the 2nd in the Demon Headmaster series. Before this I had brought home the 1st in the series on tape so I thought she may like to read this one) but she thought it was too difficult so I ended up reading it.
Edward Davies
Apr 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-reads
My favourite in the series (for some reason the first one I read), this uses the unlikely concept of computers - something that was relatively new to shcools - as the Head Master's latest scheme for controlling kids.
Jan 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nowhere near as enjoyable as when I was ten, but a fast easy read, perfect for the nostalgia trip I fancied!
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sean Randall
Mar 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I'd never actually read this one before. I would have enjoyed it if I had though, and given the time of release I can see how the modernity would have captured kid's minds.
Emma Bradshaw
Jan 10, 2016
Feb 25, 2014
Jun 06, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Halfway Across the Galaxy and Turn Left (Zyrgon, #1)
  • The Bridge in the Clouds (The Magician's House Quartet, #4)
  • Goggle-Eyes
  • The Timekeeper (Finders Keepers, #2)
  • The Brass Dragon
  • The Children of Cherry Tree Farm
  • The Extremes
  • Doctor Who: Silver Nemesis
  • Doctor Who: Original Sin
  • Gemma and Sisters (Gemma, #2)
  • Jumanji
  • Doctor Who: The Massacre
  • Doctor Who: Timelash
  • Doctor Who: The Space Pirates
  • The Queen's Nose
Gillian Cross was born Gillian Arnold in 1945. She was educated at North London Collegiate School, Somerville College, Oxford and the University of Sussex. Although now a full-time writer who often travels and gives talks in connection with her work, she has had a number of informal jobs including being an assistant to a Member of Parliament. For eight years she also sat on the committee which adv ...more
More about Gillian Cross...

The Demon Headmaster (6 books)
  • The Demon Headmaster (Demon Headmaster, #1)
  • The Revenge of the Demon Headmaster (Demon Headmaster, #3)
  • The Demon Headmaster Strikes Again (Demon Headmaster, #4)
  • Demon Headmaster Takes Over (Demon Headmaster, #5)
  • Facing the Demon Headmaster (Demon Headmaster, #6)