Start by marking “Ojalá fuera cierto” as Want to Read:
Ojalá fuera cierto

Ojalá fuera cierto

(Et si c'était vrai #1)

Lauren lleva meses en coma después de haber sufrido un tremendo accidente de circulación. Los médicos la mantienen artificialmente con vida esperando a que un milagro le haga responder, pero el milagro no llega. Por ello, la familia de Lauren pone su apartamento en alquiler y el nuevo inquilino, Arthur, se muda sin más demora. Lo que no se imagina es que se verá obligado a ...more
Published May 1st 2007 by Roca Editorial (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Ojalá fuera cierto, please sign up.
Twila I saw the American movie and wondered if a version had been made in France also -- and if it were any better. Over the years we've compared American…moreI saw the American movie and wondered if a version had been made in France also -- and if it were any better. Over the years we've compared American and original, foreign language versions of the same story (Le Cage aux Folles, Tall Blond Man with One Black Shoe, for example) and found that we particularly prefer the French versions.
Interestingly, one of the reviews for this book says that as a book it's not much, but that it would be a better movie.
I didn't mind the Spielberg version -- taking it for what it was, a silly rom-com.(less)

Mohammed Arabey
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mohammed by: Rima Ben Hammadi
يبدو أن الأدب 'الشعبي' الفرنسي المعاصر رشيقا، ساحرا، أنسانيا، تتمني لو كان واقعيا

كأسلوب روايات غيوم ميسو الساحرة، تدور أولي روايات مارك ليفي حول الحياة والموت،،الفرص الثانية..الحب..الصداقة
وشئ من الخيال

فهنا آرثر يفاجأ بشبح لورين، الواقعة في غيبوبة منذ أشهر، في شقته التي كانت لها قبلا..هو وحده يراها

وأن ظننت أن وقوعه في حبها عجيبا...هي أيضا تعجبت من هذا خلال الأحداث
-لكني وددت الإطلاع علي طفولتك حتي أعرف لماذا أنت اليوم تتمتع بهذه القدرة
-أي قدرة تعنين
-قدرة التخلي عن كل شئ للإهتمام بطيف إمرأة لم تكد
Annie
Nov 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I was so delighted when I discovered the movie was inspired by a book! I really thought the film was so sweet, such a feel-good kind of chick flick. The book however, is a whole lot better.

This is the kind of story that makes you believe in magic. It makes you believe that two people can be fated to love one another and that that love is capable of creating the most unexplainable of miracles. It's books like this that strangely feature no religion but yet make me feel closer to God, to the unive
Ahmad Sharabiani
May 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fantasy, fiction
Et si c'etait vrai... = If Only It Were True, Marc Levy
If Only It Were True (original title: Et si c'etait vrai...) is French author Marc Levy's first novel, released in 1999. It was translated into English in 2000 and was adapted into the American film Just Like Heaven in 2005. A 2006 Bollywood movie named I See You is also an adaptation of this book. 2004 Malayalam movie Vismayathumbathu was also based on this book.
عنوانها: کاش حقیقت داشت؛ و اگر حقیقت داشت ...؛ نویسنده: مارک لوی؛ تاریخ نخستین
Abbey Strusz
Apr 07, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Have you all seen the super cute Reese Witherspoon movie Just Like Heaven? It was one of my faaaaavorites in high school--a fun, quirky, sweet chick flick. Turns out it was based on a book called If Only It Were True.

So when I was looking for an audiobook for my trip home for Easter and I found the book version of Just Like Heaven, I was excited. I also got The Kite Runner, but decided to listen to Just Like Heaven (which I later discovered was originally called "If Only It Were True") first bec
Panthère Rousse
Jul 25, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Un roman très très léger. Et tout à fait invraisemblable. Non, ce n'est pas l'histoire de la femme dans le coma dont l'esprit se matérialise ailleurs qui me dérange, mais tout le reste. Les dialogues, par exemple, notamment un enfant de 10 ans qui ne parle absolument pas comme un enfant, même un enfant précoce. Et plein de situations auxquelles on ne croit pas, entre autres un grand hôpital américain où l'on entre comme dans un moulin. En commençant le livre, j'ai eu plusieurs moments où (déform ...more
Eva
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: france, fiction
This is too much of a romance novel for me too like it. It's about Arthur who moves into a new appartement. In his closet he finds a woman. She turns out to be the previous inhabitant who had a terrible accident and is in a coma. The woman he sees in his appartment is only her spirit. He falls in love and when the hospital is proposing euthanasia he sets out to save her.

The story has good parts: some funny stuff. But also terrible passages concerning the police investigation. Very much a charica
Yosra Abdelkader
يااااا تنجم تراني يااااا جووووو
انا في غيبوبة هيا ايجا راني في السبيطار عقاب الليل
-_-
حليلي يا ربي
الكتاب مننكرش فيه فازات يضحكو اما الفيلم خير برشا تو نفهمكم قصدي في فيديو نعملو على قريب ان شاء الله
Kate
Feb 22, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was preachy and sentimental. And I am someone who usually enjoys sentimental, romantic books. The basic premise of the story was interesting enough - the spirit of a girl in a coma can only be seen by one special guy. However, the author delves into all kinds of background information that was completely unrelated to the plot - such as excessive information about the guy's dead mom and her lover. I kept thinking, WHY is this extra stuff in here? The book needed some serious editing. An ...more
Yara Yu
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
جميلة جدا
Rebecca McNutt
Et si c'était vrai is the story of a man haunted by a troublesome ghost, possibly a mental illness of his... until she turns out to be closer to him than he realizes, and when he discovers that there's still some hope to restoring her life, he does everything in his power to help her. Despite being kind of preachy, for the most part this novel was incredible.
Jenne
May 11, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didnt-finish
I picked this up (while weeding books at my library) because that movie with Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo, where she's in a coma and he falls in love with her ghost, was based on it.
I didn't like the movie that much, but I thought maybe the book would be good, I'm not sure why.
Anyway, it wasn't.
Jadine
Jan 29, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to love this book because it is what the movie Just Like Heaven was based on. I figured the characters would be more fleshed out and you would learn more about Mark Ruffalo's character, but the whole back story was different and not nearly as engaging. Rent the movie; it was worth watching more than once and the book wasn't worth finishing even once.
Leo C.
Diría que 4.5 estrellas. Me ha encantado la historia. Mejor desarrollada que en la adaptación cinematográfica. Una lectura ligera, entretenida y con dosis de romanticismo. Últimamente no me enganchada ningún libro y algo así es lo que necesitaba para volver a arrancar. Leeré la segunda parte en breve.
Burçak Kılıç Sultanoğlu
Güzel sevimli bir hikayeydi sadece sonu biraz sarstı beni.. Ben de hemen devamına başladım :) İkinci kitap yazılmasaydı yazara ben de söverdim yani :D

Hoşuma giden bir kaç şey de paylaşayım :)

"Her sabah uyandığımızda, günlük 86 bin 400 saniyelik kredi açılıyor bize; akşam
yatağa yattığımızda yarına hiçbir şey kalmıyor, gün içinde yaşanmayan kaçmış, dün
bitmiş oluyor. Her sabah bu büyü yeniden başlıyor, hesabımıza yeniden yaşamın 86
bin 400 saniyesi yatırılıyor ve şu değişmez kuralla oynuyoruz: Banka
Skaistė
Nuostabi istorija. Ne tik apie meilę. Apie gyvenimą, mirtį, gyvybės trapumą, gyvenimo pamokas, atradimus ir praradimus. Sunku palyginti su filmu, nes tai vienas iš tų atvejų, kuomet filmą mačiau pirmą. Filmas turėjo savo žavesio, o knyga savo. Atradau joje keletą minčių perlų, kuriuos išsaugosiu ateičiai. O ir šiaip puikus būdas praleisti laiką ją skaitant.
Dalyia
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
رواية رومانسية خيالية رائعة للغاية .. تستحق القراءة :)
إيمان مصعبين

Mercè
Mar 26, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: físico
3.5-3.75
Debo admitir que las historias de Marc Levy siempre han tenido algo, algo que me gusta mucho. Son realistas pero tienen puntos especiales con los que se apartan un poco de la realidad. Además están llenas de naturalidad y ternura. Todo esto con personajes que caen bien, que son chistosos, que son idealistas.
A este libro le pongo dos pegas. Hubo un par de capítulos que me sobraron. Sin ellos me hubiese gustado igual la historia o más. Y la otra es que quizás con tanta ternura Levy a vece
Mónica Navarro Romero
Es una historia bonita y un libro de lectura agradable. Tiene bastantes reflexiones muy interesantes; sin embargo, para mí, ha faltado el punto de "enganche" que hace que no puedas parar de leer.
Hoda Marmar
J'ai lu ce livre il y a longtemps! Je crois que l'ai emprunté d'un ami ou de la bibliothèque. Je n'en souviens plus. Y'a un autre de Marc Lévy que j'ai lu durant la même époque mais j'oublie lequel.
Marie
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marie by: Sica
Ah Marc Levy. Je ne me suis jamais vraiment intéressée à ses livres, bien que ma mère les possède tous. Mais ça c'était avant.

Je vous propose donc ma petite critique de ce livre qui est quasiment aussi longue que ce dernier haha. Je l'ai organisé en plusieurs parties, je raconte pas mal ma vie au début, donc ne vous sentez pas obligé de tout lire, s'il n'y a que ma revue qui vous intéresse allez directement à cette partie là (j'ai titré mes parties pour vous faciliter la vie :))

[il y a plus d'un
Thảo Điền
Sep 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nếu Em Không Phải Một Giấc Mơ - Marc Levy (Pháp, 2000)
Sài Gòn, 09/09/2016
Đánh giá: 7.5/10 điểm

Nhưng điêu tôi săp noi vơi ban thât kho tin, kho châp nhân, nhưng nêu ban chiu lăng nghe câu chuyên cua tôi, nêu ban co thiên y cho răng anh noi thât thi co thê la cuôi cung ban se tin đây, va ban co tin hay không la môt viêc rât quan trong vi ban la ngươi duy nhât ma tôi co thê chia se bi mât nay, măc du ban không hê hay biêt.
Kiêp trươc tôi vôn la chang ky sư Arthur, tôi đươc sinh ra ơ môt ngôi n
Andrea
Levy,

Okey, respiramos y aquí vamos.

Me sorprendió mucho cuando encontré este libro pues hace poco vi la película y me bustó bastante, es súper tierna, graciosa y bastante similar al libro (bastante más que muchas adaptaciones que encontramos por allí). Así que pueden imaginar que esa sorpresa pasó a convertirse en un entusiasmo inmenso por leer el libro de inmediato.

Esta es la segunda obra de Levy que leo y aunque no me gustó tanto como "Las Cosas Que No Nos Dijimos", no por eso me pareció menos
Alaine
Nov 22, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is a wonderful story about how we should value every moment of life we are given and what a gift it is. I really loved this book, it is the most beautiful story! If only our lives weren't so busy that we forget the basic concepts of life. To make the most of every moment.

This is the story of Arthur and Lauren and how two people came together. Lauren is a coma patient whose soul is free from her body, Arthur lives in what was her apartment. They meet and when Lauren convinced him that he was
Ape
Mar 16, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
2006 bookcrossing review:

A friend recommended this writer to me, so when I found this book in a charity shop, I grabbed it off the shelf.

It is terrible. Really terrible. The characters are two dimensional, the writing is bland, the plot very thin and very predictable - growing far too overly sentimental and it is just cliche after cliche after cliche. I always try to give books a fair go, and I did read this all the way through, but after a point I have to admit that I switched to skim reading.
Amal Bedhyefi
I started reading this book yesterday without knowing anything about the story and guess what ? It turned out that I have already seen the movie based on it : Just like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon .
& I didn't know what to dobecause I always hated reading books after seeing the movie ! But i loved that movie so much that i wanted to see the differences and i wanted to read the story all over again , The book however, is a whole lot better than the movie , trust me .
It's light , funny , rom
shahad al.nasser
جميلة جميلة جميلة
الاحداث وتسلسلها الاسلوب كل شي فيها حلو ويحمس
شريتها من معرض الكتاب و انا بنصها اكتشفت ان لها جزء ثاني اسمه "وجدتك" شفته وما كنت عارفه انه تكملتها
ان شاء الله الاقيه بالمكتبات العاديه
وانا اقراها احس بعض احداثها مألوفه بعدين اكتشفت ان لها فلم سبق وشفت نصه
حملت الفلم بعد ما خلصت الروايه حرام جدا ظلموها فرق كبيييير بينها وبين الفلم
الروايه افضل بمراحل

متحمسه لـ "وجدتك"
Bluetiful Hadeel
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: movie
A very cute book. Read it on the train, on your way to work. When you are totally bored in a gathering, hehehe take this book with you, you will enjoy your time ;) Light and easy...... Happy Reading :D
Vanessa
Die Geschichte von dem Polizisten und seiner Ollen ging mir irgendwie auf den Nerv und ich fand sie unnötig.
Athur mochte ich und er hatte eine reizende Mutter.
Das Ende war sehr vorhersehbar, aber ich mochte die Geschichte von Lauren und Authur und wie sie zueinander gefunden haben.
Emily Roberts
Nov 03, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: for-college
Lame. Totally, completely, utterly lame. Deeply painful to read. The prose is lazy and the characters typical and pretty unbelievable. And way too corny, with basic carpe diem teenage philosophy. Oh my god, it was just so bad I can't believe it's finished to my relief.
Play Book Tag: If Only It Were True/Marc Levy - 3.5 stars 1 8 Oct 28, 2017 09:24PM
  • Home Alone
  • La Controverse de Valladolid
  • Wolfsaga
  • The Wedding Planner
  • Qumran
  • Championne (Le journal d'Aurélie Laflamme, #5)
  • Maïna
  • Grey's Anatomy
  • Cold River
  • Soutien-gorge rose et veston noir
  • Same as It Never Was
  • L'évangile selon Pilate
Marc Levy was born in France. When he turned eighteen, he joined the Red Cross, where he spent the next six years. In 1983, he created a computer graphics company based in France and the United States. Six years later, he co-founded an interior design and planning company with two friends; the company soon became one of the leading architecture firms in France.

At thirty-seven, Marc Levy wrote a st

Et si c'était vrai (2 books)
  • Finding You
“Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day. Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to used during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course? Each of us has such a bank, it's name is time. Every morning, it credits you 86,400 seconds. Every night it writes off at a lost, whatever of this you failed to invest to a good purpose. It carries over no balance. It allows no over draft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day. If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against "tomorrow". You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and health. The clock is running. Make the most of today.” 133 likes
“My mother died yesterday, yesterday many years ago. You know, what amazed me the most the next day after her leaving was the fact that the buildings were still in place, the streets were still full of cars running, full of people who were walking, seemingly ignoring that my whole world has just disappeared."
(rough translation)”