Start by marking “An Amish Kitchen” as Want to Read:
An Amish Kitchen

An Amish Kitchen (An Amish Kitchen)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  785 Ratings  ·  122 Reviews
The Amish Kitchen is the Heart of the Home and the Ideal Setting for Stories of Love and Hope.

Fall in Paradise, Pennsylvania always brings a brisk change in the weather. This time also provides unexpected visitors, new love, and renewed hope for three women.

Fern has a green thumb for healing herbs and flowers, but longs for love to bloom in her life. The next-door neighbor
Published December 18th 2012 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about An Amish Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Amish Kitchen

Andrea
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance-other
I honestly don't know why I read these things. I think it's the covers. They all look so sunshiney and wholesome, and I'm like, yes, I want to read a book where everyone lives in a simple fantasy land and the conflict is barely there and they all live happily ever after. They always appeal to me most strongly when I'm at a low point, emotionally speaking; blame this one on Trump. And of course then I get into it and I remember the weird evangelical slant they somehow manage to impart to the Amis ...more
Rhonda Gayle
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wow! not one, not two, but three of my favorite Amish authors get together and create a wonderful set of novellas centered around the Amish kitchen, indeed the "heart of the home". I was enthralled as I read "A Taste of Faith", "A Spoonful of Love", and "A Recipe for Hope", I was transformed and found myself sitting in the warm Amish kitchens. I was rooting for Fern, the healer who uses her herbs to help the community, to find love. I was anxiously hoping for Eve and her mamm, Rosemary, to make ...more
Cecily Wolfe
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Clipston story spoke to me the most - as it would any reader who has had a family member suffer a stroke, and the aftermath. The other stories were good - not saying they weren't - but this one stood out for me.
Elishia
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC provided by Netgalley - Thomas Nelson Publishers

I've been trying to find some Amish fiction to read lately as I find their way of living interesting so was happy when I came across this anthology.
Usually when I read an anthology not all of the stories are good but with this book they were. They are centred around one Amish community and based on different types of love with the help of a few family recipes. I was a bit worried when I saw the glossary at the beginning but I think this only ad
Leah
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked each of the three stories in this collection. I would give each story 4 stars. I liked that each story was connected to the previous story. It was nice that each story involved food or cooking in some way. The stories were sweet, and each had a happy ending.

A Recipe for Hope was my least favorite story. I think it was the characters. I liked the MC, Eve, and her father, Joseph. The other characters were okay. The improved as the story progressed.

A Taste of Faith and A Spoonful of Love
Brenda
Dec 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book encompasses two of my favorite types of books Amish fiction and short stories. "An Amish Kitchen" is comprised of three short stories written by three of today's premiere Amish fiction authors.

The first story is a "Taste of Faith" written by Kelly Long. Twenty year old Deborah Zook has been living with her grandmother Esther Zook since the age of five when her parents died of the flu. She has a love for tending flowers and herbs and her grandmother has the wish to see her trained in he
Dec 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: AN AMISH KITCHEN
Authors: Kelly Long, Amy Clipston, and Beth Wiseman
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
December 2012
ISBN: 978-1401685676
Genre: Amish

The Amish kitchen is the heart of the home—and the ideal setting for these three stories of love and hope.

A Taste of Faith by Kelly Long – Faith Zook is learning healing from her grossmammi. But she is ill-prepared when Abram Fisher started bringing his young siblings to her for treatment during his parents absence. Abram has never noticed her before, and
Tima
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three stories set in a close-knit Amish community. All three stories center around love and the heart of the home, the kitchen.
Story 1 - Fern heals with herbs, but doesn't have a remedy for the love she longs to share with a husband. But when a handsome man knocks on her door needing help she isn't quite sure what to do.
Story 2 - Hannah runs a bed and breakfast for her parents. A lifelong crush has recently shown an interest in her, but a tenant holds more appeal. Will she be able to choose wis
Tarissa
Jan 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This makes a nice addition to my bookshelf. Not my favorite type of book, but it was sweet enough. The book features 3 stories (each written by a different author). Here are some quick thoughts on each story.

"A Taste of Faith" by Kelly Long
The story of Fern Zook, a young woman who lives with her grandmother, who teaches her about medicinal, herbal remedies. It is a charming enough story of the romance that buds between Fern and one of the young men in her Amish community.

"A Spoonful of Love" by
Brandi
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved all three stories in this book. They were heart-warming and easy to read.
First, I really liked the character of Fern. I could relate to her in many ways.
Second, I liked the main characters in this one. I was happy about how things were going for Stephen in Paradise, though I was a bit troubled by him burning Lillian's letter. It almost felt like he was trying to block out that part of his life rather than truly coming to terms with it.
The third story was quite interesting. I love th
Paula
Feb 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three stories of romance that take place in the Amish community.

The first one is a young woman who is the healer for the community. A single male neighbor has been single to this point and not looking for love when he falls for her.

The 2nd is a young girl running a bed and breakfast. A troubled man comes from a neighboring town looking for work and they fall in love.

The 3rd is a woman and her husband and family who move in with her parents after a tree falls on their house.

Pretty good stories b
Kathryn
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This seems like the perfect book to brighten a winter day!
ANNETTE
Loved all three stories . They were very heart-warming and easy to read.
Katie
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katie by: kerrycat
All 3 stories in this book were very good. Each one took a little to get going but once they did it was hard to put down.
Crissy
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read!
Joann Krause Radke
Nice short stories
Mandolin
A Taste of Faith
Long, Kelly
Fern has learned the art of herbal healing from her Mammi, who raised her since the death of her parents when she was a little girl. From the wealth of her garden, Fern supplies the Amish community with remedies for minor aches and pains that trouble the body. But when it comes to matters of the heart, especially her own, Fern is left a little bewildered. She's attracted Abram Fisher, the confirmed bachelor son of a neighboring farmer, and can't help but wish that she
Marcy
Dec 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED all three books in this collection. I also like how it has a ton of Amish recipes and Herbal/homeopathic remedies in the back of the book. I really like how the books are all about the same community and intertwine the same characters into each book. I was also surprised that the last book was not a traditional romance, boy and girl falling in love, it was a mother and daughter falling in love and growing closer, super sweet and heart warming.

Book 1: A Taste of Faith by Kelly Long. Fern,
Kristin
I was so excited that I snagged this book from Booksneeze. I really wanted to read it and had in fact already pre-ordered this book as it looked like something I would enjoy—I certainly enjoy other Amish tales from these authors so I was sure it would be well worth a pre-order! I was right! This set of 3-in-one novellas is fantastic and the recipes in the back of the book look fantastic! As a matter of fact—I have “Rosemary’s Kaffi Cake” in the oven as I type up this review!

About the Story:
A Ta
Tammy
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Tammy by: BOOKsneeze
First off, I love books about the Amish and the simple lives that they lead, so this book was right up my alley. This book is actually three short stories all combined into one book.

In the first story, called "A Taste of Faith" written by Kelly Long, Fern who raises herbs with her grandmother and uses them for healing purposes is visited by their neighbor Abram who is left in charge of all his brothers and sisters while his parents are away visiting a sick relative. Fern has once decided that s
Kristin (These Pretty Words)
Originally posted on These Pretty Words.

A Taste of Faith by Kelly Long
I have read two other Amish fiction compilations with works provided by Kelly, and in the past her story has always been my least favorite. This time, her words reached me in a way they haven’t before, and A Taste of Faith has become my absolute favorite piece of Amish fiction.

A Taste of Faith is the unexpected romance between earthy, loving Fern and bachelor Abram. Believing he knows what love is, and that he wants nothing
Rachel Brand
"A Taste of Faith" by Kelly Long ~ I've never disliked one of Kelly's stories, and this one is no exception. I enjoyed the details about Fern's herbal remedies, her relationship with her mother, and Abram's struggle to keep up with all of his younger siblings. These elements all made the story feel unique, despite its shortness. That said, this is the shortest story in the collection and it did feel like a lot happened in a very short space of time. I felt like another 20 or so pages could have ...more
Virginia
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
An Amish Kitchen is a collection of novellas set around Paradise, Pennsylvania. The first novella is A Taste of Faith by Kelly Long and is the story of Fern and her grandmother. Both are homeopathic doctors to their small Amish community. For major issues/illnesses they refer to a doctor in the nearby town. Fern treats a member of the Fisher family and seems to notice Abram Fisher as if for the first time. She knows he wouldn't ever notice her but still her heart flips at the sound of his voice. ...more
Robin
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amish Kitchen

Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston & Kelly Long

Book Description: The Amish Kitchen is the Heart of the Home – and the Ideal Setting for Stories of Love and Hope. Fall in Paradise, Pennsylvania, always brings a brisk change in the weather. This season also ushers in unexpected visitors, new love, and renewed hope for three women. Fern has a green thumb for growing healing herbs, but longs for love to bloom in her life. Then the next-door neighbor’s oldest son, Abram, comes running into F
Tina
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
An Amish Kitchen***** by Beth Wiseman, Kelly Long and Amy Clipston

-A Taste of Faith by Kelly Long
Fern Zook is learning healing from her grandmother and loves growing healing herbs but longs to have love blooming too. Abram Fisher has vowed to never marry but was not prepared for his heart to latch onto Fern. Will mistrust get in the way for these two to find love?

-A Spoonful of Love by Amy Clipston
Hannah King runs her parent's B&B, Paradise Inn and longs to gain her mother's approval. Stephe
Loraine
SUMMARY: Fall in Paradise, Pennsylvania, always brings a brisk change in the weather. This season also ushers in unexpected visitors, new love, and renewed hope for three women.

Fern has a green thumb for growing healing herbs, but longs for love to bloom in her life. Then the next-door neighbor’s oldest son, Abram, comes running into Fern’s kitchen seeking help for his little sister. The crisis soon leads to a promise of romance—until mistrust threatens to end the growing attraction.

Nearby, Hann
Lynda
Jul 27, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The town of Paradise Pennsylvania was a close-knit Amish community, strong in its faith, community togetherness and simple way of life.

With his parents gone for a month, twenty-three-year-old Abram Fisher was responsible for his younger siblings and totally unprepared for the upcoming troubles he had to face. It was not long before the children required neighbouring Fern Zook’s care bringing Abram and Fern together slowly dependent on each other and drawing on their faith in times of need and s
Debbie
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"An Amish Kitchen" by Beth Wiseman and Amy Clipston and Kelly Long

"An Amish Kitchen" gets 5 stars from me.

"An Amish Kitchen" is a collection of three different stories which take place within the Amish community of Paradise, Pennsylvania along with a reading group guide, a short collection of home remedies, and Amish recipes. The three authors are Beth Wiseman, Amy Clipston and Kelly Long.

I wanted to read this book because it was the next book up for discussion for my online book club. I have
Aly Abell
Aug 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1_reviewed
An Amish Kitchen is a collection of three novellas by three different authors of Amish fiction. The are set in the same community at around the same time, and several of the characters make appearances in more than one of the novellas.

All of the stories center around love, though not always romantic love. Family love such as between siblings or between parents and children also receives much attention.

I chose this collection because I've enjoyed Beth Wiseman's full-length Amish novels and wanted
Lynnea
Jan 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, amish-reads
I received this book on my nook by Thomas Nelson Publishing in exchange for an honest review. The subtitle is Three Sweet Stories to Nourish Your Soul. But it isn't just that; it also includes a reading group guide, recipes from the three novellas, as well as the herbal remedies used by Fern Zook, one of the characters, who finds her way into each story. But please note that the three stories are independent of each other.

The first novella, A Taste of Faith by Kelly Long, uses Fern Zook as the m
Fans of Amish Fic...: Sweet Fiction AND recipes 2 36 Nov 14, 2012 11:47AM
  • Christmas in Apple Ridge: Three-in-One Collection: The Sound of Sleigh Bells, The Christmas Singing, The Dawn of Christmas
  • Threads of Grace (Patch of Heaven #3)
  • A Promise for Miriam (The Pebble Creek Amish, #1)
  • Faithful to Laura (Middlefield Family, #2)
  • Katie Opens Her Heart (Emma Raber's Daughter, #1)
  • The Lesson (Stoney Ridge Seasons #3)
  • The Pieces of Summer (Discovery, #4)
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • Daybreak (The Days of Redemption #1)
"I wish I had the time to review books and chat with you here, but my writing deadlines just don't allow it. Please like my Fans of Beth Wiseman Page on Facebook where I try to post any news and interact with readers."
Beth is the best-selling and award winning author of the Daughters of the Promise series - Plain Perfect, Plain Pursuit, Plain Promise, Plain Paradise, and Plain Proposal. She is co
More about Beth Wiseman...

An Amish Kitchen (3 books)
  • A Taste of Faith  (An Amish Kitchen Novella)
  • A Spoonful of Love (An Amish Kitchen Novella)
  • A Recipe for Hope (An  Amish Kitchen Novella)