Start by marking “Infographics: The Power of Visual Storytelling” as Want to Read:
Infographics: The Power of Visual Storytelling

Infographics: The Power of Visual Storytelling

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  201 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Transform your marketing efforts through the power of visual content

In today's fast-paced environment, you must communicate your message in a concise and engaging way that sets it apart from the noise. Visual content--such as infographics and data visualization--can accomplish this. With DIY functionality, "Infographics: The Power of Visual Storytelling" will teach you how
Published September 21st 2012 by Wiley (first published August 27th 2012)

Amber
I got this book as a first read. I have to say the book is well laid out and somewhat of a quick read for me, but I love the read books about art and design. (yep I'm a nerd)

To be honest I didn't know much about infographics and how I could use them in my line of work. This book answered many of my questions and pointed out a few things that I was already doing right and a few that I was doing wrong.

The graphics example are wonderful and very helpful this book has a place on my graphic design sh
Katie
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a good overview of infographics and offers great tips on strategy. If you're looking for a book that will teach you how to specifically design and create infographics, this is not it. If you're looking for ideas on how and why you might want to use them in business or academic applications, or if you want good examples of infographics, this book is perfect.
JP
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I appreciate most about this book about "the power of visual storytelling" is its practicality. The treatment of the topic is complete, inclusive of underlying principles and plenty of real examples. Moreover, it motivated me sufficiently that I want to not be using words in this review (but I'll save that for another time, with a different medium and a different tool set). A good infographic is engaging and simple. The visual devices can vary, but visuals are key. This book is very focused ...more
Maryanne Henderson
I wanted a beginner's guide to infographics and this book was perfect. As an instructional designer, there are times where a visual representation of information is beneficial but without understanding the how and why, infographics can be a few words in large font with some colours and clip art added.

This book gave me a basic understanding of the different types of infographics, the amount of research required to create one and the design elements that go into them. As someone who identifies wit
Karen deVries
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
I read this for my marketing gig. You can read the review here: http://www.wedomarketing.com/blog/boo...

My quick review for my goodreads crew is that I liked it. I like infographics. I'm a visual/spatial thinker, so they work for me. I was curious to find out more about the thought and principles that go into designing them. This book is as good a place to start as any, but it's really targeted to folks who need to negotiate the interface and frequent communication gaps between design and market
David Williams
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An easy to digest glance-over of visual branding in statistical presentation. This book isn't the be-all-end-all of graphic presentation, but it is a very good introduction to the importance of such presentation. There are some great examples throughout the book, though some have lost a bit of fidelity in the re-sizing. The main focus of this book is on business/corporate infographic design, but the concepts are easily applicable to any kind of public presentation of self.

Received for free thr
Glenda
Feb 15, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book and find help for work presentations, but I could not get into the format of the book. The print was small and some of it was in faint blue. Some of the rectangular examples were reduced a fairly large percentage to fit on the book's odd square pages. Overall, it was nothing like the "Visual News, a Column Five Publication" which I thought was odd since the front of the book describes the authors as "Founders of Column Five".
Indah Threez Lestari
739 - 2014

Buku yang keren.

Meskipun kebanyakan buku yang kubaca tanpa gambar atau ilustrasi, tapi aku suka membaca informasi dalam bentuk infografis karena jauh lebih menarik.

Terus terang, dalam buku ini, ketimbang teorinya, yang lebih asyik dibaca malah contoh-contoh infografiknya, dan aku senang-senang saja membaca infodump yang ada :))
Alwi Kosasih
Ada yang menarik dari buku ini, selain karena flat design dan infografis semakin marak menjadi tren sejak tahun 2013, yaitu paparan ringkas yang esensial mengenai rancang bangun sebuah ikhtisar berbasis grafis. Intinya, walau tidak merincikan langkah pembuatan sebuah infografis, buku ini cukup kuat menegaskan fungsi dan peran infografis dalam media massa modern.
Laurian
Jan 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ux, non-fiction
Pretty interesting. I think that the graphics that were involved do a good job of showing the different style and the considerations that went into each. I think the book could have done more analysis into handling styling, or going into a really successful infographic in a step by step process. I didn't learn too much, but enjoyed the ride.
Gunjan
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well written and partitioned book.
The best part was essential to read chapters and would be nice to read chapters.
Simple and gradual introduction into the world of infographics and the entire process of creating and representing information in a stunning visual.
Good for beginners. An easy and engaging read.
Blakely
This book had a lot of pretty pictures and one really interesting discussion of whether it's best to use narrated/illustrated graphics or letting the data tell the story. Nothing terribly groundbreaking though if you've read other books on how to present charts / data.
Eric Foll
Great insights into incorporating more graphical storytelling into your content, though I think the real value of the book is to serve as a springboard into more detained sources on visual presentations.
Ananggadipa Raswanto
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: design
Essesntial book for anyone interested in data visualization/infographic field for leading design studio firm. Finally had a chance to finish this book. I think this book also have been translated to Indonesian for those who interested.
Eileen Souza
Really a text book on how to make an infographic. Some good stuff in here, but surprisingly not as many excellent visuals as I expected.
Larashi
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fun, communication, 2013
Fun and entertaining! How to make great infographics in a slight of time. Good for marketers and advertisers as well as CEO
Sabina
Jun 22, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Found this book useless, only theory, mentioned some good resources for inspiration.
Philippe Heckly
A great book with lots of visual references about data visualization and visual stories. Column five does a great job at keeping you interested.
Alev Haddadieh
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent tips. good ref book to read
Barbara Butler
Apr 17, 2017
David Holt
Aug 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Visualize This: The FlowingData Guide to Design, Visualization, and Statistics
  • Marketing in the Age of Google: Your Online Strategy Is Your Business Strategy
  • The Art of Explanation - Making Your Ideas, Products and Services Easier to Understand
  • Information Graphics
  • The Functional Art: An Introduction to Information Graphics and Visualization
  • Semiology of Graphics
  • Information Design Workbook: Graphic approaches, solutions, and inspiration + 30 case studies
  • The B2B Social Media Book: Become a Marketing Superstar by Generating Leads with Blogging, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Email, and More
  • The Information Design Handbook
  • Optimize: How to Attract and Engage More Customers by Integrating SEO, Social Media, and Content Marketing
  • The Boss of You: Everything A Woman Needs to Know to Start, Run, and Maintain Her Own Business
  • The Wall Street Journal Guide to Information Graphics: The Dos and Don'ts of Presenting Data, Facts, and Figures
  • The Power of Visual Storytelling: How to Use Visuals, Videos, and Social Media to Market Your Brand
  • Curation Nation: How to Win in a World Where Consumers Are Creators
  • The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business
  • The Best American Infographics 2013
  • Information Visualization: Perception for Design (Interactive Technologies)
  • Visual Leaders: New Tools for Visioning, Management, and Organization Change: New Tools for Visioning, Management, and Organizational Change