Start by marking “Inspired by Tozer: 59 Artists, Writers and Leaders Share the Insight and Passion They've Gained from A.W. Tozer” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Inspired by Tozer: 59 ...

Lauren Barlow

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
When A. W. Tozer talked about worship, people listened. Tozer lived and wrote a century ago, casting a vision of authentic faith that has taken root in the hearts of each new generation. Lauren Barlow of BarlowGirl is one who has been prodded by Tozer. Now she and a stellar lineup of artists, writers and leaders who have also been inspired by Tozer have created a book of 6 ...more
ebook
Published October 14th 2011 by Regal Books (first published October 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Inspired by Tozer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inspired by Tozer

Patricia
I was first introduced to the writings of A.W. Tozer while attending Geneva College. At least one of his books was required reading for all students there at that time. I was hooked by his passion for knowing God and growing in godliness.
This book, "Inspired by Tozer," has musings and devotional writings by 59 artists, writers and teachers who have been influenced by Tozer and his books.
I was genuinely excited to read this. I was especially attracted by the subtitle, "59 Artists, Writers and L
Ktmattison
I'm not a note taker usually. I read a book, and take mental notes maybe, but I have always been a person that was bothered by notes and underlines in books. This book was so good in so many places that I found myself finding scrap pages wherever I could to take notes on. I almost bought myself a second copy just so I could mark up the parts that were so good.

Each chapter is written by a different person, and in very different styles, so not every chapter is going to blow you away, but there ar
Reading Tozier has greatly enhanced my own Christian theology. In this book well-known Christians share a Tozier quote that has impacted their lives. They are short and could be read as a daily devotional. As with any book of this kind, some expositions talked to me, others didn't. I loved what Joni Erickson Tada had to say on the Tozier quote, "Holiness is Godlikeness." In her segment she said, "Fundamentally, Jesus came to earth to square off against sin. His lifelong goal was to conquer it on ...more
Gary B
Apr 29, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
I enjoyed reading this over a number of weeks - just a few different readings each day. Some really struck me whereas others didn't strike a chord - but that's the nature of things - as to where we're at, what we need to hear, and different people's experiences and reflections on Tozer and his writings. An interesting part of the book was the bio section at the back - people with a vast array of experiences and ministries. The only thing I didn't like about the book was in the bio section that t ...more
Ashley
Mar 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tozer's words were inspiring and the little devotionals given to each quote were interesting but not overly powerful and the whole thing was a bit of a jumble. I enjoyed it but wouldn't highly recommend it.
Trina Johnson
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I kept seeing references to AW Tozer in other books I was reading, so I thought I needed to learn more about him. Wow, he was full of wisdom and God's grace. He inspired a lot of people and changed a lot of lives. Good stuff.
Lance