Start by marking “Priming the Pump: How TRS-80 Enthusiasts Helped Spark the PC Revolution” as Want to Read:
Priming the Pump: How TRS-80 Enthusiasts Helped Spark the PC Revolution

Priming the Pump: How TRS-80 Enthusiasts Helped Spark the PC Revolution

Priming the Pump: How TRS-80 Microcomputer Enthusiasts Helped Spark the PC Revolution by David Welsh and Theresa Welsh takes you back to the largely unknown origins of personal computing. Personal computers grew out of a hobbyist movement in the 1970s, as some began experimenting with the new microchips, building their own computers. Kit computers appeared, available from ...more
Paperback
Published May 21st 2007 by The Seeker Books

To ask other readers questions about Priming the Pump, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Priming the Pump

Start your review of Priming the Pump: How TRS-80 Enthusiasts Helped Spark the PC Revolution
Jerry
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: conviction, retro
It’s useful to remember that there was a time when it was all new and wonderful.

David and Theresa Welsh wrote some of the first great software for the TRS-80, and knew a lot of the other people who were also writing great software. In Priming the Pump, they talk about the history of personal computers and the first non-kit mass-market personal computer, the TRS-80 Model I.

This is not a book about a bunch of cool events tied together to form a history—though it certainly has its cool anecdotes.
John Sheppard
Aug 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read simply because it brought me back to a time ... a time seemingly filled with wonder … a time when the WORLD was changing and I was part of it and knew it! Something that is still ongoing and daily makes me overly glad to be here!!!

If you were there having fun with a Trash 80 then read this book! You will love it.
Mark Eichin
Oct 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
This book was written for me and my high-school "computer friends", who grew up on the TRS-80 computers; the authors dug up (or simply *remembered*) a great wealth of industry gossip about what was, in the end, a groundbreaking dead-end of computing. If you actually had a model I/III/4/4p, subscribed to 80 micro, and knew what LDOS was (even if you didn't get to actually *buy* it) then this book is aimed at you, pretty directly - and really, noone else. I don't actually think it will be of ...more
John
Nov 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Great read--if you fondly remember hacking away on TRS-80s.
Eric
Feb 20, 2009 rated it it was ok
It was a decent book, but it was more about the Model I/III computers. I had a TRS-80 Color Computer, so there wasn't as much stuff of interest too me. It was an interesting computer history read.
The Maverick
rated it it was ok
May 16, 2016
Richie de Almeida
Mar 16, 2012
Goodreads Librari...: Priming the Pump ebooks need combining with print 2 10 Jan 23, 2018 06:18PM