Start by marking “Sindbad Le Marin” as Want to Read:
Sindbad Le Marin

Sindbad Le Marin (Usborne Young Reading - Series One)

3.66  ·  Rating details ·  586 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Paperback
Published 2006 by Editions Alternatives (first published January 1st 1949)

Slayermel
These adventures of Sinbad’s became so repetitive in such a short book. Get’s on a ship, ends up overboard or stranded and has to find his way home. Chapter after Chapter, the same thing over and over again. I would definitely say this book is for children 7 and up. It does talk about sailors drowning and dying etc...

It’s a chapter book for children with some small pictures on the pages. There are also some comic book style thought bubbles coming out of some of the pictures.

After reading this,
Mandy
Enjoyed this immensely!
Sanchit Bhandari
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-read
The voyages of sindbad, the story of the man who survived.
First of all I would like to say that I picked this book because it was small not that I always select small books but as I was in mood of some light reading.

Sindbad is really a typical hero different from others, the book is different thaN the other adventure stories where morality is the first thing to see no sindabad is all about making the toughest decision of life, about the survival instincts and the ability to adapt, about never
Marijo Álvarez  (Relatos de una lectora)
Simbad es impresionante :)
Brian
Jan 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i picked this book up to read becasue it was very small. you know, fits in a pocket, read it on the bus small. i dont really ever ride the bus, but that is neither here nor there. becasue i dont really ever have specified blocks of time to read i figured shorter smaller easier reads would be, well, easier.

and this was an easy read. it was the seven voyages of sindbad and another story of ma'aruf and fatimah. i literally just finished the second story, and with about ten pages left i found myself
PurplyCookie
Apr 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seven voyages. Seven missions. Only one man has survived them.

A poor man (Sindbad the Porter) meets a man who shares his name: a great sailor who welcomes him to his house and to his table. The former was amazed to be told of seven journeys to foreign lands, every one ending in shipwreck.

As he listens, the traveler describes a flight on a giant bird, battles with foes including giant serpents, brutal cannibals and the murderous Old Man of the Sea, and the discovery of diamonds.

Sindbad the Sai
Dergrossest
[This is a review of the 1955 Heritage Press edition, chock-full of interesting illustrations.:] Once again, I seem to have forgotten the unrepentant cruelty and questionable morality of another childhood favorite. Sindbad is quite the sharp operator, constantly beating the odds because of his willingness to cheat or kill any friend or foe standing in his way. Maybe I fail to appreciate the subtleties of the Oriental mind, but Sindbad seems to me a very questionable hero (or maybe he is the orig ...more
Princolitas
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Con este libro pasaras por muchas aventuras, 7 para ser precisos. Es un libro que deja muy buenas reflexiones, en especial sobre lo importante que es valorar la vida que tenemos y que en los momentos más difíciles, cuando parece no haber salida, la esperanza te sacará adelante. También analizándolo desde un punto de vista financiero, da muy buenos tips de qué debe hacerse para generar una mayor riqueza, y como no siempre el dinero es la solución para ser más ricos, y cómo esforzándote en el trab ...more
Amany El kariouny
It is a simple story, but i sometimes felt bored from voyage and another...but it is very interesting for kids they will like it a lot..
And the moral from this story in my opinion "Use your mind" that some of us forget that they have MIND..As i think the reason is they wanna humor the life and escape from live a real life what is they need to do..
From this story Sindbad could skip his hard situations in all his seven voyages by used his mind.
Crataegus
Apr 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I've ever read, I was 8 years old and I barely knew how to read. I found the book and had the child curiosity to know what's inside, I started reading and it turned out to be a pleasing experience it took me like a month to finish it but it was definitely a fascinating book full of magical places and supernatural creatures

Sinbad was the hero during his voyages throughout the seas, he has fantastic adventures meeting monsters and encountering supernatural phenomena.
Phoebe
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juv, classic, adventure
A great way to introduce these stories to kids who can listen to a longer book. Quentin Blake's lively illustrations and John Yeoman's retellings (the two also teamed up for the great Mouse Trouble, one of the funniest picture books around) are a perfect match and the large format is gorgeous. Very nicely done.
Gary
Apr 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Formulaic in the best sense, like the oldest stories that were built for memory across generations, but the inner story of each voyage is great fun, like the story of the rocs, the giant birds. These seafaring tales of a trader with a love of travel also offer insights into the ancient world.
Anugrah Nagaich
Jun 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read when I was still young, this story (better than Gulliver's Travels) has the potential for making kids more interested for fiction. Although elders won't enjoy it, but gift this to kids & they'll remember you for a long time.
Bruno
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Mega clássico da literatura mundial, não tem como não se deleitar em suas páginas. Tendo sempre em mente que o melhor é não pegar nada de segunda mão, quem ler este livro vai beber na fonte de inúmeras variações e influências na cultura ocidental. O gênero fantástico torna ainda mais interessante.
Feb 27, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-ya
Simbá, o herói dessas histórias, embarca em um navio mercante movido pela curiosidade de conhecer o mundo e ganhar algum dinheiro. Partindo do porto de Basrah, ele viaja pelos sete mares e vive grandes aventuras.
Elizabeth Eames
I found a copy translated into English, but I did not realize how small the print was. Despite bifocals and perseverance I could not read the book...a first for me! Perhaps I need a new category....age related inability to read....
Jenna Mills
How he wanted to go on a second voyage is beyond me, and after 3 mishaps you really think he ought to have learned. Totally unbelievable.
Polar Bear Star
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really missed it when I finished it. Love the bravery in this character!
Michelle
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-fiction
J 398.2 DAY-[FOL]
Stella
Hasta que conozco la historia jajaja!!
Dana
Apr 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
This book was ma first introduction to Sindbad. I liked the book a lot. Since then,I have always enjoyed Sindbad's tales and adventures that appear in one children's magazine or the other.
Cheryl
Retelling. Pretty watercolor illustrations sprinkled throughout the book.
Karthik
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The adventures of sindbad were amazing. I really liked it. I want to read it once more.
Keishla
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!!
Natalie Petchnikow
"A-t-on vraiment hi Sindbad le Marin? Si pour des millions de lecteurs le nom magique de Sindbad est inséparable de celui de Schéhérazade, c'est grâce à un subterfuge d'Antoine Galland, premier traducteur des Mille et une nuits au XVIIIe siècle. Car les aventures de l'intrépide marin, René R. Khawam nous le prouve, n'ont jamais fait partie des Nuits. Mieux, le texte qu'en donna Galland, et que la plupart des éditeurs ont repris d'après lui, n'est que « l'adaptation », fort édulcorée, d'un roman ...more
Gary Bonn
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A remarkable book and an outstanding achievement. Ground breaking in many ways and very quirky, this book has never a dull moment. I love the way it's both set very much in the here and now and yet buried so deep in history. Excellent read.
Zaira
May 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Versión cómic.
  • Xerxes Invades Greece (Penguin Epics, #3)
  • Tales from Shakespeare
  • Cupid and Psyche
  • رحلات داوتي في الجزيرة العربية
  • The Complete Fairy Tales
  • Middle Eastern Mythology
  • The Fall of the Amazing Zalindas  (Sherlock Holmes and the Baker Street Irregulars #1)
  • The Mammoth Book of Dark Magic
  • The Jewish War
  • Cleopatra: Histories, Dreams, and Distortions
  • To the Holy Shrines
  • The Story Blanket
Books can be attributed to "Anonymous" for several reasons:

* They are officially published under that name
* They are traditional stories not attributed to a specific author
* They are religious texts not generally attributed to a specific author

Books whose authorship is merely uncertain should be attributed to Unknown.
More about Anonymous...

Usborne Young Reading - Series One (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • The Burglar's Breakfast (Young Reading 1)
  • Stories of Witches (Young Reading Series 1)
  • The Dinosaurs Next Door
  • Stories Of Giants (Usborne Young Reading: Series One)
  • Stories of Pirates Series 1 (Usborne Young Readers)
  • Stories of Gnomes and Goblins
  • Aladdin & His Magical Lamp
  • Wizards
  • Animal Legends
  • Stories of Magical Animals (Young Reading Series, 1)