Start by marking “Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition” as Want to Read:
Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition

Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition

(Spot the Dog)

The bestselling puppy is better than ever. Spot's 25th birthday presents are bold, beautiful color covers that give him a great new look. Enjoy Spot in paperback with full-color covers and traditional Lift-the-Flap features. Have more fun with Spot!
Novelty Book, 24 pages
Published May 12th 2003 by Warne (first published October 14th 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Spot Can Count (Color), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spot Can Count (Color)

Start your review of Spot Can Count (Color): First Edition
Jeremy
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked lifting the flaps and learning animals
Trisha Parsons
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: storytime
I love this book for nostalgia purposes, but also because it has flaps that, when opened, reveal a part of the story. My kids were yelling "open it!"
Bianca Orellana
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-000-bbk
Lift-the-flaps are always a hit with my two-year-old!
Karen Cockerill
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great pop up learn to count book
A.C. Paige
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A participatory lift-the-flap book that can be used with a mixed age group of 2-5 year olds.
Slayermel
Aug 31, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents of young children and preschool teachers
Spot can count is specifically designed to help young children learn to count and recognize putting an object with a number. Most children learn to count to ten at a pretty young age but it’s a new concept for them to understand matching an item per number to really understand the value of a number. This book is perfect to help with this as they can point to each barn animal as they count along. The book is also made more fun by adding the element of pop-up fun. The children can lift the flaps a ...more
Miriam
Like most counting books, this one was perfectly adequate. It's featuring Spot was cute, but ultimately didn't help it. Not the illustrations were any less cute, but I didn't feel any ground being broken. I don't know how much of my negative reaction has to do with the book, and how much is an innate disdain for the conventions of counting books, going back to when I was young enough to actually be learning how to count. Spot, you've seen better days.
Meg McGregor
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-lexi
Spot is one of my favorite pups growing up and I am so happy that I can introduce him to a new age of readers.

Your little one will love Spot's adventures on the farm and his ability to count the chickens, cows, sheep,etc.

For added fun, ask your little one what the animals say as well as count them!
Amanda
Mar 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 123, 2-3-yr, kid-s-books
Not my favorite counting book, but it's easy enough for a 2 year old and she's already familiar with Spot from some board books we own. She calls this one "Big Spot book" since it's a larger format than ours are and likes to carry it around everywhere and look at it herself.
jacky
May 14, 2011 rated it liked it
A nice, simple counting book with flaps. Leave it to good ol' Spot. Each page spread has animals to count, then the flap reveals the number. Great for kids just learning to count, because those kids are still excited about farm animals and flaps.
Heidi-Marie
A lift-the-flap AND counting. Perfect for movement storytime.

5/5/14 Went well. I had an older child (almost done with first year of K) who knew how many and got bored with the counting part. And the lift-the-flaps didn't hide much. Still, it kept the young'uns' attention.
Kathrine Rogers
Counting Week
Tapani Aulu
Kiva kurkistuskirja. Varmaan luetaan näitä montakin kertaa.
Daniel
Dec 01, 2012 rated it liked it
I like the simple-to-read-and-understand Spot books. The colors and art the illustrator uses give a sense of warmth and coziness.
Alice
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun counting book.read it to a 5 year old he loved it!
David Mitchell
Sep 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read this at least one hundred times with three children.
MJ
1.21.1997

4.11.2000 Alissa's reading several words in these books - you, your, my, and, for, the, from.
Mary
This is a great counting book to read with a child who is just learning! It goes from 1-10 and counts farm animals. Also, there are flaps with hidden pictures and words that are fun to look at.
Maura
Mar 11, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just your basic counting book on the farm.
Meilina
Francesca Ridley
Mar 24, 2015

• Press Here
  • The Poky Little Puppy
  • There's a Wocket in My Pocket!
  • The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat
  • Ten Tiny Toes
  • Boo Who?
  • The Eye Book
  • Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!
  • Blue Hat, Green Hat
  • Clive Is a Nurse
  • Hop On Pop
  • I Will Surprise My Friend! (Elephant & Piggie, #6)
  • Bear Feels Scared
  • Here We Are: Notes for Living on Planet Earth
  • Counting Kisses: A Kiss & Read Book
  • Never Touch a Dinosaur
  • Hooray For Fish!
  • Bright Baby Animals
Eric Gordon Hill OBE was a popular author and illustrator of children's picture books, best known for his character Spot the Dog. His works have been widely praised for their contributions to child literacy. He was appointed Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours.

Spot the Dog (1 - 10 of 158 books)
  • Where's Spot?
  • Spot Goes to School
  • Spot Goes On Holiday
  • Spot Visits His Grandparents
  • Spot Goes to the Farm
  • Spot Loves His Daddy
  • Spot's Birthday Party
  • Good Night, Spot
  • Spot Goes to the Beach (color)
  • Spot Loves His Mum