Start by marking “Perseverance” as Want to Read:
Perseverance

Perseverance

In this inspiring and beautifully illustrated book, bestselling author Margaret Wheatley offers guidance to people everywhere for how to persevere through challenges in their personal lives, families, workplaces, communities, and causes. She provides hope, wisdom, and perspective for learning the discipline of perseverance.
ebook
Published September 27th 2010 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Perseverance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perseverance

Coryke
Jun 23, 2011 Coryke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
This was an ok book. It caused me to think a bit, but there was too much "zen" philosophy in it for my taste. Don't strive. Don't try. Just be. Well... I get that we might "try too hard" in Western culture sometimes, but I'm not sure I buy the whole relax and it'll be all right philosophy as an answer to everything. Maybe I'm over-playing this emphasis in the book, but by about halfway through the book, this seemed to be the dominant message and I couldn't get away from it.
Astrid Reza
Jul 26, 2016 Astrid Reza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book to guide you with life
Angela
Oct 26, 2010 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perseverance is a very thoughtful book, not in the sense of it being considerate, but in regards to being full of stories, quotes, and stories that really make you think. It's an exceptionally fast read, as it's comprised of short quotes and single page narrative.

Margaret (Meg) Wheatley is known for her insight into the human spirit. Her ability to see pass the surface facade and be able to delve into the deeper meanings and structures that we all tend to hide from others. Many of the 'chapters'
Pollyanna
I borrowed this book from the library and renewed it twice! It's a small book, but it holds a lot of sage advice and wise observations taken from many aspects of spirituality and the world that contains us.

Margaret Wheatley does not preach, in fact, she doesn't even seem to set out to teach; she simply shares what she has learned.

This is a book to buy, to read again, to cherish and to share.
Jane
Nov 10, 2010 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While fully secular, this book serves as a devotional for those who are trying to make a difference in their lives. I read just two pages a day and plan to reread it soon at the same pace. Many amazing thoughts and quotes about how to stay motivated for good work when so little progress is being made.
Naomi
Apr 23, 2013 Naomi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wheatley shares spirited reflections on feelings and challenges in life, like a meditation manual. Fine for individual reflection, these would also spark interesting dialogue in small groups, particularly coupled with members sharing their own stories, prayers, and meditations around the challenges named.
Teri Bryant
ugggh

I really thought that once I started taking the main classes associated with my major, I'd be doing some interesting reading about, you know, helping other people. Except so far it's all stuff like THIS.
Raymond Witvoet
Aug 01, 2016 Raymond Witvoet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remarkable comprehensive little book! A guide to life and by no means the cover title does justice to the completeness of the wisdom inside!
Robert Chamberlin
A gem...a collection of penetrating insights.
Rachel
Jul 28, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was okay. Lots of helpful insight onto moving ahead in life without bowing to distractions created in the mind. Read for a course I'm taking. Probably wouldn't have read otherwise.
Mike
May 05, 2012 Mike rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i honestly think everyone should have a copy of this profound little book. enjoyed every minute of it.
Heidi
Aug 13, 2013 Heidi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
valuable reminders - read a little bit each day...
Elizabeth
May 26, 2012 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
This is a really good pocket book to have with you at all times. Solid nuggets or wisdom that help through the difficult moments.
Ietrio
Apr 05, 2016 Ietrio rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel
Cute poetry, graphic, new age-ish book about something.
Ruth L. Lockhart
Ruth L. Lockhart rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2015
Thea
Thea rated it really liked it
May 10, 2011
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Apr 08, 2014
Mary McKinnon
Mary McKinnon rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Gail Brooks
Gail Brooks rated it really liked it
May 20, 2015
Steve Ryman
Steve Ryman rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2011
Rachel LeeAnn Kail
Rachel LeeAnn Kail rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2016
Claire Menck
Claire Menck rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2015
D L
Sep 15, 2013 D L rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring philosophical analysis of the state of mind of an individual. Yoga. Philosophical.
Wannette Kudirka
Wannette Kudirka rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2017
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Alison Streit
Alison Streit rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2017
Joan Johnson
Joan Johnson rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2016
Matt Evrard
Matt Evrard rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2014
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Caring: A Feminine Approach to Ethics and Moral Education
  • Power and Love: A Theory and Practice of Social Change
  • Theory U: Leading from the Future as it Emerges
  • The Power of an Open Question: A Buddhist Approach to Abiding in Uncertainty
  • The World Has Changed: Conversations with Alice Walker
  • From Values to Action: The Four Principles of Values-Based Leadership
  • Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People, Organizations, and Society
  • Ten Poems to Change Your Life Again and Again
  • Community: The Structure of Belonging
  • The Integral Vision: A Very Short Introduction to the Revolutionary Integral Approach to Life, God, the Universe, and Everything
  • At the Root of This Longing: Reconciling a Spiritual Hunger and a Feminist Thirst
  • Living Wabi Sabi: The True Beauty of Your Life
  • The Presence Process: A Healing Journey Into Present Moment Awareness
  • A Hidden Wholeness: The Journey Toward an Undivided Life
  • Catching Up or Leading the Way: American Education in the Age of Globalization
  • An Ethic of Excellence: Building a Culture of Craftsmanship with Students