Start by marking “Katie Morag Delivers the Mail” as Want to Read:
Katie Morag Delivers the Mail

Katie Morag Delivers the Mail

(Katie Morag #1)

Katie Morag, is always up to SOMETHING. . . Whether she's mixed up in a parcel-posting problem; having bright ideas to help Grannie Island out of a spot of sheep trouble or planning the best wedding ever, children's favourite Katie Morag McColl guarantees a story to cherish! KATIE MORAG DELIVERS THE MAIL When the village mail gets muddled, it's up to Katie Morag to sort ...more
Published June 5th 1997 by Red Fox (first published January 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Katie Morag Delivers the Mail, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Katie Morag Delivers the Mail

Start your review of Katie Morag Delivers the Mail
Laura (Book Scrounger)
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was one of my favorite series when I was a child growing up in Scotland. It definitely presents a nice picture of Scottish island life. I also love that her grandmother drives a tractor.
Max Lawson
Jun 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Katie Morag gets the mail is the first in a series of classic childrens books by Mairi Hedderwick. All of the books are based on the fictional island of Struay, despite the topography and location matching the small island where the author lives. This particular story follows Katie Morag as she delivers the island post after it becomes muddled, with a little help from Grandma Island and her tractor.

As the story follows the characters delivering the post we are introduced to the key features of
Mathew
Ashamedly, this is the first I have read any of this series but really enjoyed it. The layout with the island of Struay being envisioned as a map right at the start and placemarkers on each of the pages helping us identify where Katie is, reminded me so much of Rosie's Walk. Although prone to mishaps and rather creative in her free play, Katie Morag is independent and cheerful in her thick woolly jumper and wellingtons.
With her parents being too busy with a teething baby, it is up to Katie to
Claire jobbins
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is a brilliant book if you are looking to explore a range of themes such as righting your wrongs or exploring emotions with children. The writing itself is clear and easy to rad with children in Year 2 and provides a number of cross curricular and lesson ideas. There are a number of resources that you can use to decorate your classroom with and role play area ideas that will introduce drama to young children and aid in comprehension.
Kyrie
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
Sweet story about small towns, kids being kids and grandmas helping guide the sorting out. I like that grandmother didn't just take over. She helped, but Katie was the one who had to fix the problem she created.
Rosemary
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Came across this delightful little book at a library book sale. I'm suppose to resell it in my used book store but I might need to keep it. I'd love to read it to a grandchild someday. The story is sweet and the watercolor illustrations wonderful. I'll be keeping an eye out for more in the series at sales and book shops.
Megan
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: maeve-s-books
Sent to Maeve by my beloved BFF in Scotland, we love Katie Morag stories. This one was my daughter's favorite for a while and then she moved on to the Tiresome Ted. Love to read about Katie Morag's adventures, the lovely characters on the Isle of Struay, and to notice all of the little details in the wonderful illustrations.
Jenna Mills
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet
Dewi Natalia
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The complication of this story book make the story fun to be read!
Louise (A Strong Belief in Wicker)
A simple story. Katie Morag is helping her parents by delivering five parcels, and she gets them all muddled. The first of a series.
Lucy
Dec 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I wish i was katie morag.....
this is one of elizabeth's favourite stories, and the only reason i don't like to read it, is because we have a whole collection of them, and it means i don't get to read some of my favourites....!!
Shannon
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very cute Scottish picture book series. The watercolor illustrations are beautiful and so detailed. I highly recommend.
Jennie Lillian
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My favourite book as a child!
Lucy Coleman
Dec 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lovely illustrations reminding me of childhood holidays in Scotland!
Pauline
Mar 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My class love this story and we have created some wonderful pieces of creative writing using this book as inspiration.
Sandy
Aug 07, 2017
Juliette Connell
Jan 20, 2017
Anjana Taank
rated it did not like it
Sep 03, 2017

• The Secret Path
  • The Tiger Who Came to Tea
  • Beegu
  • The Singing Mermaid
  • Good-Night, Owl!
  • Fancy Nancy and the Posh Puppy
  • Winnie the Witch
  • Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs
  • Amazing Grace
  • Lively Elizabeth! : What Happens When You Push
  • Fancy Nancy: Bonjour, Butterfly
  • Mama, Do You Love Me?
  • Pip and Posy: The New Friend
  • Katie and the Sunflowers (Katie)
  • Firebird
  • Arthur's Pet Business (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Guess How Much I Love You
Although she was born in Gourock, and attended the Edinburgh College of Art, the highlands and islands of Scotland have always been Mairi Hedderwick's true home. In 1962 she settled on Coll, where she raised her family and taught art at primary school. Her first home on Coll had no electricity or running water, and the nearest neighbor lived two miles away.

Mairi Hedderwick is the author and

Katie Morag (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Katie Morag And The Two Grandmothers