Start by marking “Gym and Slimline” as Want to Read:
Gym and Slimline

Gym and Slimline

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  64 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
A swanky new gym has opened in leafy south-west London. Four women bond over push-ups and Pilates and become firm friends.

Percy likes sorting out other people's problems, but her own life is a shambles, with a terrible secret addiction. Can she kick it and win back the love of her husband?

Patrice, wealthy but damaged, wants another baby, but husband Jonty isn't interested
Published September 4th 2008 by Preface Digital (first published August 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Gym and Slimline, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gym and Slimline

Leah
Aug 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-read-2009
Gym and Slimline is Emma Burstall’s debut novel and tells the story of four women who met at a gym, Gym & Slimeline, and became firm friends. There’s Percy who loves helping other people with their problems but has a huge secret of her own, Suzanne who loves her second husband but is she neglecting him for her job?, Patrice who wants a second baby only her husband, Jonty, isn’t interested and then there’s Carmen who is desperate for a baby with or without her boyfriend Simon.

I loved Gym &
Naomi Nair
There are good books and bad books! Amazing ones and pathetic ones! But have you ever come across books that start out great and amazing and end up pathetic and harrowing? Well, I just did! Courtesy of the novel I picked up from the library, "Gym and Slimline" authored by Emma Burstall. So there's Percy, Patrice, Suzanne and Carmen - each women amazing in their own way... or so you think until you go deeper into the story. (then you realize how each of them is absolutely pathetic and disbelievin ...more
The Sweet Bookshelf
I picked up this book from the library in hopes of it giving me some motivation to get to the gym. It has given me a goal to get a gym buddy...

This books wasn't really the escape I was hoping for. I read to get out of the daily life problems, and this book was chalked FULL with problems and issues normal people deal with every day. Some of you may like it. But, it wasn't really my cut of tea. I feel bad for giving it a 2 because I really don't know what I should rate this book.

It was an easy rea
Öner
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book itself ok, but the turkish translation is horrible! epsilon is so careless, it's offensive. I so regret i didn't read it in english and now it's too late since, in this book, secrets unravel toward the end and it's quite a twist, so it won't be much fun to reread it. :/
Certolek
Jun 12, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Theresa
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book i couldn't put it down.i liked the storyline did guess what was going to happen thought.
Aida
Feb 15, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the book..
Esra
Jan 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Zevkli ve oldukça olaylı bir kitaptı hoşuma gitti ;)
Ronnie Jacobs
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book Yes it was wary to read and predictable but thoroughly enjoyable.
Karen Moseley
Very entertaining chick lit,the characters and their lives were really quite engaging and surprisingly well developed.
Aimee Ash
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was an easy read and even thought it was predictable it still had me hooked on wanting to see how everything was going to unfold. A good holiday read.
Helga Carmichael
Dec 15, 2008
jennifer ford
Nov 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Emma is the author of four novels - Gym and Slimline, Never Close Your Eyes, Kindle Top Ten bestseller The Darling Girls and Tremarnock, the first in a Cornish trilogy.

She read English at Cambridge University and began her career as a cub reporter on the Western Morning News in Plymouth, later becoming features editor of Woman and Family Circle.

She has also written extensively for national newspap
More about Emma Burstall...