Start by marking “Diary of the White Witch (The Beauchamp Family, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Diary of the White Witch (The Beauchamp Family, #0.5)

Diary of the White Witch (The Beauchamp Family 0.5)

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  1,074 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
The exciting prequel to the Witches of East End series from Blue Bloods author, Melissa de la Cruz.
Published June 12th 2012 by Hyperion (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Diary of the White Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Diary of the White Witch

Jen
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this book after I had finished Cruz's first two novels, and while I enjoyed Ingrid's story I felt it was unnecessary. In the first book "Witches of the East End" I don't get the sense that the Beauchamp women really felt that evil was comming as the reader was led to believe in this book. It just felt a little forced to me, more of an afterthought then a real prequel.
Allison
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first/only book in this series I have read (so far).
It is supposedly Ingrid's journal of her travels back home before the "real" story begins? It didn't read so much like a journal in most parts, however I liked that.
It's very short, I read this book on my lunch break today. It's cute and charming, I actually wish it was a bit longer, but I suppose it serves its' purpose.

If the rest of the series is as cute as this, I look forward to reading more.
Tracy
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I mean....it was fine. It was just her diary entries which doesn't do much. I just wanna know why the heck she switches between calling her mom Mother and Joanna. Like , pick one! Getting used the writing. I think once I start the longer books it'll be better.
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Background: Diary of the White Witch is a prequel to the Witches of East End series. This novella is taken from Diary of Ingrid Beauchamp. They are her diary entries explaining how she found and got the job at the library and how mysterious dark things have followed her.

Review: I have not read the Witches of east end books yet, but I plan on it, so I though that by reading this "prequel" I would gain a better understanding of the East End witches and why the books began, but in reality it was ju
Maren
Jul 07, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe I actually paid $0.99 for this! so disappointing. I saw that it was a prequel for the Witches of East End novels so I jumped on it before I saw the length... I didn't even notice until I was a few pages in and it said I was at 31% already! Now you could blame me for not reading the page number because it is there. But the content was really weak!! For a prequel you kind of expect some background information of some kind. This was more like an opening to a novel rather than a preq ...more
Myndi
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This little prequel gives a bit more insight into the characters. Mainly Ingrid. It shows how she came back to North Hampton and why. Shows a bit of what she can do, powers-wise, and what her return was like. We also get to see a bit of Joanna and Freya too though. Nice little beginning to the story and the world.
Caitlin
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely an unnecessary piece of the series. If you care to know how Ingrid met Matt then go for it(which is only 1/5 of the "book"). It's a super quick read. I mean it's only 29 pages. I only read it for my reading challenge. Teehee
Apatricia
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-marco
3.5

Witches of east end it's life.
travis williams
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another witchly spell

I gave this book five stars because I truly love all the blue blood books and spinoffs but I dislike how short it was but I know it was supposed to be and I recommend this book to everyone
I decided to read this book before reading The Witches of East End.
I have found it to be great in knowing how it all started with Ingrid going back home.
I quiet enjoyed it.
Rina
Aug 05, 2017 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Shelves: hated-it, series
Meh is all I have to say about this mini story. I have only just started reading the series having loved the TV show but this was not worth my time. I was confused about the time frame this story was set in as the choice of wording was odd and changed a lot. Also it just felt boring and not at all in adding to the series it's self. If I could take back the time I just spent reading this I would.
Stacey
The "Witches of East End" series is an adult spin off of Melissa de la Cruz's YA series "Blue Bloods". For full disclosure I have not started the "Blue Bloods" series yet and I am not familiar with any of those characters. Despite that I was completed sucked into this series about two sisters who are witches and have long been separated from each other. This story sees them move back home to their mom Joanna, also a witch. They have long been banned from doing magic but that doesn't stop the fir ...more
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This felt too much like a cliched rom-com. Ingrid wore simple clothes and wore her hair in a tight bun and adamantly declared she had no interest in dating. Then, during her job search, Ingrid meets a man that she finds very attractive but she decides is a horrible human for lying to her. Will she decide she actually does want someone to love? Will he teach her that there's more to life than career? I guess I'll find out in the next book.
Airaseem  Perdomo
I really didnt know what was happening in the beginning and than we got the POV of the main character and her journey back home but it was too short and there was like a typo with the dates which make me mad cause someone should of catch that and fixed it. But beside that I like to read any extra stuff of the beauchamp family.
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
I liked to see more about the what happened to the characters before the first book of a series came out.

Here, we follow Ingrid's path as she leads us to what brought her back to Joanna's.

I really liked that form of a diary and I would love to see more of these in the future. *hint to melissa de la cruz* lol
Diana
Ingrid decides it's time to go home to North Hampton.

This is a short prequel, written as Ingrid's diary, which explains how the three Beauchamp women come back together in North Hampton. It's not really a lot of information, and the train episode seems like it's not connected to what happens later.
 Spanxmcb (Yovanka)
I'm not sure why this was published as a prequel. I bought it out of curiosity.

Ultimately, it wasn't really a prequel to anything that has happened in the series so far (I just finished Serpent's Kiss) and it didn't provide any insights into the characters...it just seemed to float in space without being anchored to anything.
Scott
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The diary (or at least portions of it) of Ingrid that details how she and her sister come home.
It was a nice background and sets the stage for later books. The 3 star rating is really a reflection on how short this was and not really the content because I did enjoy it but it was very short and I expected more.
L8blmr
Jul 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too bad I did not know about this little story before I read the first book in the Witches of East End series. As it is, I had no trouble with book #1 beginning where it did, but the prequel would give a new reader a little bit of the back story that comes out more gradually in the full-length novel.
Galy
I was about to start reading "Witches of East End" but then I remembered there was a prequel so I read it first.
It's really short but it starts telling the story of how Ingrid (and Freya) went back home.
I can't wait to start reading "Witches of East End", I watched the series and I loved it so much. Such a shame that it was cancelled. But now I can read the book.
Vannessa
This very short, 26 pager, was an ok insight to the beginning of this series, which I want to read after watching the TV programme last year. It kind of gave you some reasons why Ingrid wanted everyone to return home again. It whet my appetite but was too short for any more.
Jess
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
So this is the prequal to the witches of east end by Melissa de la Cruz I have to say it left me wanting more.so I will have to get more. Its an I introduction to what looks to be a good series.so if you have read the series but not this no Ella you should get it and read.
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
It was okay I guess, just a few entries of Ingrid Beauchamp diary about 34 pages right before she and Freya returned home. Very short.

Alisha
Dec 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Very easy and short read.
Being a prequel it takes place before 'Witches of East End' even begin, broken up into 5 different journal entries it's very easy to follow.
I was personally able to read it within an hour.
Jackie
Jul 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I decided to read this and the Witches of East End books because of the TV show that I loved! Was very upset it got cancelled. This book was very very short but good. Just plan on reading the next book, otherwise it just seems to end abruptly. Made me want to read the next one ; )
Nawaf
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am highly disappointed and shocked.

This book, or should I say booklet, serves no purpose to the whole concept of Witches of East. It's mainly focused on Ingrid and on her short trip to North Hampton and that's it !

I expected more.
Janjohn
"I saw my sister leaning over the bar top in a white tank, locked in a kiss with a young lady with long black hair and tattoos of exotic flowers snaking up her arms."

Oh, gods. Freya. Hahahaha!
Sheri
Nov 14, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure that this is even a book. It was on kindle without page numbers, but I think it was about 10 pages long. Overdramatic and introductory. Best thing I can say is it lets me know I'm not interested in the series.
Audrey
Jan 04, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ridiculously written. I don't know why I continue to pick up books by de la Cruz -- probably because I like her ideas/stories. It's just too bad that I hate the way she writes.
  • What the Heart Wants (Hearts and Arrows, #2.5)
  • Vicious Moon (Earth Witches, #3)
  • Capitol Magic
  • The Warren Witches (Charmed)
  • Isolation (The Witches of Santa Anna, #10)
  • Homecoming (Witch Eyes, #0.5)
  • Silent Echoes (Games of Zeus, #2)
  • Gen #1
  • The Dark Discovery of Jack Dandy (Steampunk Chronicles, #2.5)
  • The Havoc Machine (Clockwork Empire, #4)
  • The First Midnight Spell (Spellcaster #0.5)
  • Shattered Shields
21911
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.

Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like
More about Melissa de la Cruz...

The Beauchamp Family (4 books)
  • Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1)
  • Serpent's Kiss (The Beauchamp Family #2)
  • Winds of Salem (The Beauchamp Family, #3)
  • Triple Moon (Summer on East End, #1)