Start by marking “Healthy Kids: Help Them Eat Smart and Stay Active--for Life!” as Want to Read:
Healthy Kids: Help Them Eat Smart and Stay Active--for Life!

Healthy Kids: Help Them Eat Smart and Stay Active--for Life!

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Healthy Kids: Help Them Eat Smart and Stay Active--for Life! by Marilu Henner...
Published February 17th 2004 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Healthy Kids, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Healthy Kids

Allison
Oct 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
I was more impressed than I thought I would be. The author mostly advocates a vegan diet. She goes into details on the dangers of sugar, white flour, meat, dairy, fat, chemicals, & caffeine and is pretty compelling. The book has charts for cooking dry beans and grains, & a chart of alternative sweeteners that I found interesting. She also discusses creating a healthy relationship between food and hunger with your kids and having fun as a family. There are chapters specific for each age g ...more
Susie
Jul 15, 2008 rated it did not like it
People who have heard of Marilu Henner and her THM theories might know what they are getting into when they pick up this book. I did not.
I was expecting tips on getting my toddler how to eat healthy foods, convince my kids that exercise is fun, etc. There was some of that in this book, but definitely not the bulk of the text.
She spends pages explaining why we shouldn't eat any type of meat, dairy or processed foods, with what I felt was very little evidence to back up her claims (no sources dire
Lisa Topp
Oct 04, 2009 rated it liked it
I agree with another review I read about the hard sell on the elimination of meat and dairy from the diet in this book. There is other valuable content here though, so, if you have the time to browse, and want to pull some useful facts about getting your kids (and family) healthier, take what interests you, and leave the rest. However, I feel there are better resources out there.
Stacy
May 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was able to take away a bevy of valuable information about chemicals and other processed foods. Great read for all
Parents even if you don't plan on going vegan. We should all probably eat less meat and dairy. It had a lot of good info on reasons to not have dairy that I hadn't heard before, like bed+wetting in children.
Sara
Sep 24, 2007 rated it really liked it
I'm not a total health fanatic, but I do feel very strongly about taking care of my own health, as well as the health of my family. It's important to me to start teaching my child, even right now at his young age - how to take care of his body. I found this book to be a great resource.
Brenda
Feb 20, 2010 added it
i loved this book. this girl has done her research.
Sharon
Aug 24, 2016
Rachel
rated it did not like it
Aug 15, 2008
Rudy Garcia
Sep 02, 2015
Patti Whitfield
Nov 15, 2016
Marilu Lucy Henner is an American actress, producer and New York Times best-selling author.
More about Marilu Henner...