Start by marking “Syskonkärlek” as Want to Read:
Syskonkärlek

Syskonkärlek

Amanda älskar sin bror Ludvig och med tiden upptäcker hon att han känner detsamma för henne. De dras till varandra allt mer och till slut kan de inte stå emot längre utan inleder ett förhållande. En bok om kärlek och lust, men också en fråga om vad som är rätt och fel. Vem bestämmer över andras lycka?

Boken kom ut för första gången 1991 och har översatts till tyska, danska,
295 pages
Published September 1991 by Rabén & Sjögren (first published 1991)

Sèra Eddai
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, reread
I really recommend this book to everyone. Especially if you like crying. A lot of people think it's really horrible to read something like this because of the incest. They are really missing out, cause it's a really good book. I don't think it's about incest, but about two people falling in love with each other while they know they could never be together.
Julia
I read this book in German ages ago for the first time. It has been a favorite ever since.

It's a story about two siblings - Ludvig and Amanda - who are coming of age and are in love with each other. It tells the story from Amanda's point of view and despite the fact that it is about incest, it actually tells the story about a very deep, strong love that these two feel for each other. It doesn't depict incest in a sick way, or point fingers or focus on the 'dirty'/'tabu' aspect of it. It talks ab
Anne-Marie
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
I absolutely love this coming-of-age story about a brother and sister who love each other more than they should. I read this in Dutch translation.

Amanda and Ludvig are pretty much inseparable when they grow up, they're only a year apart, and form a kind of double act against their much older smart-ass sister. But as they hit puberty Amanda begins to realise the deep love she feels for her brother is no longer platonic and she suspects he might feel the same way. This realisation torments her an
Amanda
Nov 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
When i first read this book, I was 11 years old. I read it not once, not twice, but hundreds of times. I learnt the first chapter by heart, word by word. But then the years went by, and it grew comfortable in my bookshelf. I almost became scared to reopen it, because what if I no longer liked it?

This book is so incredibly controversial, far more than i understood at age 11. Back then, i was simply mesmerized by the love story. When i finally reread it a few weeks ago, i did so with morals and pr
Lina
I rarelly ever read teenage romance, I never liked them, but when I saw this in the library, I had to read it. It was amazing, and I cried throughout the last four chapters, not wanting it to end. It is a touching story about two siblings who care deeply for each other, and somehow can't understand why they can't be togheter. Of course, things get complicated all the time. There is so much love in this book, and everyone should read it at least once.
Tove
Oct 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I had completely forgotten how much I loved this book and how flawless it is. Second time reading it.
I have no words for the amount of feels I am conquering right now.
Just... no.
I'm dead.
Emily
Apr 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think intense is the only word I really have to describe this book. I understand that it's not a book for everyone, and I wouldn't argue with the ones rating this book with one star. I read this book for the first time when I was twelve years old. Back then I read almost everything I could get my hands on, including books whose target group most certainly didn't include twelve year old girls. Seven years later I wondered if this book would touch me just as much as an adult and it did.
I finish
Canni
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I read this book in Danish ages ago and it remains one of the most memorable books I have ever read. It's different, angsty, romantic and hardcore. I'm all about the drama and impossible/forbidden love stories, so this was just up my alley!
I like how the story isn't slow paced and it begins right away, which is something I really appreciate in a book. I remember thinking "oh, I want it to be longer" before having opened it, but it helps immensely that it doesn't need two or three chapters in or
Ellen
Nov 20, 2011 rated it did not like it
I do not like it. The subject just feels wrong and it does not meet my expectations at Katarinas's books are some of the best juvenile novels which in principle is all about love. The language was bad and boring, the characters were bland and wrong, everything was wrong. If I had not been told that Katarina had written it I would have never guessed at it, and I had never read it unless it had been one of her works. This review need not be longer, a bad book simply.
Arlette Sjerp
An intruiging story about a brother and sister who fall in love with each other, and the terrible consequences of their romance. Heartfelt and sad, this book makes you take the viewpoint of the lovers and not of society, thus also giving you something to think about. My biggest criticism concerns the translation: I really don't believe teenagers say things like "akkoord" to each other, not even in the eighties.
Christina
May 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
The BEST of Katarina's books! No doubt.
Some people can find this book some how disgusting or something liek that. But I can't understand how!?
You don't see them like siblings, you only see the love and when you let yourself get caught up in the book. YOu'll fall flat on your face! LOVE
Iane March
Mar 01, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
i wish this book has an english version.
Ping
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SPOILER FREE

After reading "Forbidden" by Suzuma I stumbled upon this recommendation. I did enjoy Forbidden (I wrote in my review that I had the feeling I am reading a novel adaption to an anime ^^), but I liked Ludvig more. While the base circumstance is the same, it has a different embedding and von Bredow's approach was just more in my taste this time.

On the one hand there were no young siblings they had to take care off (I often end up liking kids in novels, but in general I am biased toward
Kaia Landelius
The suck fairy visited this one, and it's a 2.5 rounded vaguely up (I want half stars as an option!), whereas I remembered it as a 4 at least, from my teens.

This is a book about two siblings that fall in love. They're sixteen and seventeen at the time, and this details that crazy time in their lives. It's no more than a year total, and while it's good and the characters are mostly relatable, it only skims the surface and you don't get a real feel for what's really going on, which is a shame.

This
Anie To
I got 'Ludvig, meine Liebe' when I was a bit (well ...) younger than I am now and I decided to give it a reread this year. With 'Ludvig, meine Liebe' Bredow gave us a very realistic and not over-the-top story about two siblings falling in love with each other. They know that what they do is against the law, but still they can't keep their distance. I liked how Bredow didn't make a sensation story out of it, but helps the reader to understand the thought and emotions of the characters and why the ...more
Isabelle Jay
Aug 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Many people will get disturbed about the book because it talks about incest, but I think Katarina von Bredow is an amazing author that makes it work. I read this one after one of her other books and I was in my teen years when I did. Still I really liked it.
It's a really sad and well written story actually.
Roselien
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperbpoks
Its a weird book. I kinda like it but also not. Its interesting because it is about forbidden love. But because it is about a love relation between sister and brother makes it weird to read it. It was not bad written but also not very good. ...more
Julia
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Re-read for nostalgic reasons. I loved this book in my early teens. It was fun revisiting it again!
Alicia
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: swedish-books
Geez, I read this when I was twelve, which is now four years ago. I scarcely remember anything, except that I though it was kinda good. I was a bit weirded out though. It was probably my first introduction to incest - yay!
Alexander
Oct 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Amanda and Ludvig have always been close as siblings, ever since growing up. However, the moment Amanda asks Ludvig if he can pose naked for her to paint him, she realizes her feelings for him are stronger than most sisters have for their brothers. She desperately tries to fight the feelings, but they are too strong for her and become impossible to fight when she finds out Ludvig feels the same.

I read this book because it was recommended to me by a friend, and I'm certainly not disappointed. Ama
Judith
May 20, 2016 rated it did not like it
Dmitriy
First of all, I read the dutch translation so there may be some diffrences with the original. This book actualy made me want to read more books, believe it or not I even searched for this site :D
I actually don't know al lot to say about this book other than I enjoyed reading it, I liked how the book started, they jump right into the story and don't hang around for tens of pages before starting the plot.
I liked how you got to read about their past and what has happend so far.
So character devlopme
Ellinore Westergren
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5
Just wow.
This book is truly an artwork. Katarina is very good at writing in a way that makes you relate, understand and get to know the characters, at least what I think. I understand that some people doesn't agree with me, but that's ok. I think it's very well written and thst the ending was really beautiful. I really did hate the mother because of the suffering that Amanda had to go through.

Although it was really great, my interest were only at it's peak at the second half of the book and
Malin
May 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
More like 2.5 stars maybe? Ugh, I don't really know what to say other than this book didn't really do anything for me. The characters felt pretty flat, the overall story was mostly predictable and the writing was nothing special. And for a book so full of emotions it left me feeling very indifferent. It's not a bad book, but it's not, in my opinion, an great one either.
Swagmeister
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
I read this book when I was thirteen years old and was a bit disgusted by the incest that is the book, but as I grew I read it once again and I realized that it is actually quite good. It is not a fifty shades series of good, but it is before its time as it was published in the 1990's. Incest should not be romanticized but here it is very well put. Not the best I've read, but good enough.
Caroline
Definitely an interesting read, that I still remember now, years after having read it. But unfortunately it isn't more than that. The storyline and execution of the book left something to be desired. The premise of the book is excellent, different and intriguing, however the book itself did not live up to my expectations.
3 stars
Amanda
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t read a lot but this book was the one who made me start to read. It’s such a great story and I have never read anything like it. It made my burst out to tears many times and the book got stuck in my head after reading it. It’s such a great novel and I really recommend to read it.
Alice
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
Not my kind of book... at all.
When I read it as a 11 year old I got kind of grossed out. Having a brother myself did not help either. Guess it is a more suitable book for older people, not 11 years old girls.
Katrine Ronja
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have ever read. This is one of those books I will always remember and I finished it in one day. So brave of von Bredow to take on this taboo subject, and she does it beautifully.
Afanaisa
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book has been one of the most touching books I've read so far. The affair between Amanda and Ludwig is simply so different from anything we people read now. I recommend it to everyone.

• Linas kvällsbok (Linas kvällsbok, #1)
  • Anna Svärd
  • I taket lyser stjärnorna
  • Öppet hav (En ö i havet, #4)
  • Most Beloved Sister
  • Simon & Sophie
  • Pappa Pellerin's Daughter
  • Kat (Darkest Powers, #0.4)
  • Kort kjol
  • Här ligger jag och blöder
  • I Miss You, I Miss You!
  • In the Deep End (Art & Coll, # 2)
  • Jag är tyvärr död och kan inte komma till skolan idag
  • Vem bryr sig?
  • The Toll Bridge
  • Tillsammans
  • Jackie's Wild Seattle
“Es ist ein Unterschied, ob man sterben will oder ob man keine Lust zu leben hat. Wenn man sterben will, dann will man wenigstens etwas. Ich will nichts.” 8 likes
“Hjernen er virkelig en merkelig og upålitelig klump!” 0 likes