Start by marking “Bottersnikes And Gumbles” as Want to Read:
Bottersnikes And Gumbles

Bottersnikes And Gumbles

(Bottersnikes and Gumbles #1)

En fantastisk børnebog om nasserifferne, som ikke gider gøre noget arbejde og som derfor fanger der rare budlerne. Men budlerne vil ikke udføre nasseriffernes kedelige arbejde og spiller dem derfor den ene sjove puds efter det andet indtil de slipper væk igen.
Paperback
Published January 1st 1990 by Angus & Robertson Childrens (first published 1967)

To ask other readers questions about Bottersnikes And Gumbles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bottersnikes And Gumbles

Watership Down by Richard  AdamsWhite Fang by Jack LondonThe Call of the Wild by Jack LondonLife of Pi by Yann MartelJonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
Animal Stories
205 books — 91 voters
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingThe Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsThe Giver by Lois LowryThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Amazing Reads
157 books — 126 voters

More lists with this book...

Rosanna Threakall
This is a book that one of my Primary School teachers used to read to us when I was really young and it's actually a really rare book.

I was overjoyed to find it in a charity shop for £15.

It was so nostalgic to read and is such a cute story for kids. So glad I picked up a copy to read to my 4 month old nephew and keep for my future kids too!
Harriet Moar-smith
I cannot BELIEVE this is on here. I had started to wonder if I owned the last remaining copy on the earth because it's out of print and I randomly found it in a charity shop for 50p and fell in love with it and then I found that NO-ONE else had read it and asking people if they had read it made me sound insane. This book is so nice with these fantastic made up creatures that contrast in every way possible. It just makes me happy to read it
Louise Stimson
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another book I read at 7, and then 17 and again and again. that said, not loving the cartoons
Rog
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant fun. The kids loved it. Especially the 'snike that was able to dream up real things! V imaginative.
Ruby
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ah, what a great kids book. I love reading it because it’s so simple and cute and funny. And, of course, set in the Australian bush.
Vicki
Feb 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aww, remember The Puffin Club, readers of a certain age?

I used to wait with baited breath for the next issue (once a term I think, when one of my teachers would get a copy from another teacher friend... rationed by cash and good old fashioned "you can't have all of them" training by my parents (yes folks, kids DIDN'T get everything they wanted in the late 70's/80s), I was allowed one book an issue... After my beloved moomins, this was one of my hunkered for yet never attained choices.

I happened
Jaq
Aug 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah walking back into your childhood to become reacquainted with a past favourite is fraught with danger. My nine year old and I took turns reading this - a chapter each.

He took great delight in the bottersnikes - and I found them funnier. The gumbles were sort of hapless and cheerful, but for true hijinks it's the bottersnikes that had us talking about it for a long time afterwards.

And I note that one of the Bottersnikes was called Smiggle - which happens to be one of my favourite stationery st
Rach
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I remember this book being read to my class when I was in primary school. I loved it and still have such vivid images in my head from that reading. I felt such a rush of excitement when I found it on the bookshelf of my library recently and couldn't wait to share it with a year2/3 class I have once a week. Suffice to say, they loved it so much they want me to track down the other stories in this series and read them. Win!
Darkpool
Aug 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who has an inner child
An Aussie classic which I have treasured. Has loads of little 'language' jokes in, which I loved as a youngster. A really cute book.
Tracey
Apr 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved these books and I still do. Great little Australian series with a wonderful environmental message hidden in there. I wish someone would make the books into a film.
Sally
I cant believe this is here! I love these books! Well I must admit I haven't read them since I was small but they have a place in my heart and are still tucked away on a shelf awaiting my children!
Sammy
Oct 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Australian classic! Wakefield's stories resonate with anyone who grew up in the Aussie bush. Delightfully imaginative.
Lizzie Rankin
Nick Mellish
Nov 21, 2015
Nov 19, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Bottersnikes and Gumbles (3 books)
  • Gumbles on Guard