Start by marking “Wish List” as Want to Read:
Wish List

Wish List

THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER

When Nicholas James draws Stephanie Martin's name in their law firm's Secret Santa exchange he knows he's in for a merry Christmas--if he can figure out what to give the woman he's wanted for months. When he works late and finds a crumpled piece of paper listing Steph's personal wish list, he knows he's in luck. Because all Steph wants for Chri
Published by Sylvia Day LLC (first published December 2nd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Wish List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wish List

Alp
4.5/5

Super cute!

This was a very short story but it was surprisingly fun, sweet, and sexy. The hero, Nick, is so sweet and really swoon-worthy. The heroine, Steph, is adorable and funny. Reading her naughty wish list made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt. Fortunately, Nick was the one who found this wish list and he was more than ready to make her fantasies come true!

It was a very lovely read, indeed!
Kristen
Wish List is a quick, sensually erotic, short holiday story (40 pages) that's packed full of fabulous characterization (I adored both the hero and heroine) and heavy on plot. In fact, there was too much plot for such a short book, which left me somewhat dissatisfied with the way the story ended. Don't get me wrong, it ended with a good resolution. However, the book progressed from a light and flirty feel, to a plot with a more serious undertone. It left the reader wanting and deserving more.

Wit
Karla

4 Stars for this sweet holiday treat!

"I’m not asking for easy, sweetheart. I’m asking for a chance to make you happy.”

How I wished that Sylvia Day had penned a longer story here, because I would have loved to spend more time with Nick and Stephanie. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed what I read, and became rather quickly attached to the characters. The story was detailed enough with the their past involvement, that you could see how intimacy would present itself so early in the book. As a rea
Searock
May 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars.
Yep, you are reading that correctly.

This little gem may just be tailor made for my taste
or maybe it was really that awesome.
It was a bite size bit o' love, but no less satisfying than a full-size batch.

Great "palate cleanser" following a heavier read...
or it might be better described as an 'amuse bouche".
This is how Wikipedia describes that culinary treasure, which, to me, seems oh so perfect:

"These (amuse bouches), often accompanied by a complementing wine, are served as a little tingl
Dina
This story started as any other quickie - it was light, fun and sexy - but it took an unexpected turn near the end. It didn't become angsty or too dramatic, but the revelation of the heroine's secret changed the tone of the story. That secret added depth to the H/h's relationship, but it was too serious to be addressed in a quickie, IMHO. I'd love to see this turned into a longer book. As it was, it was unsatisfying.
Mysza
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** 3,5 stars ***
Evelyn Swift (Featherbrained Books)
This was really hot but way too short to get the full five stars. I wish Sylvia Day would give these characters a full story because I loved them! Nicolas James is incredibly romantic but knows how to get down and dirty. He is basically the dream guy and I wish we got more of him! Stephanie Martin comes across as complex (even in this short story!) and I wanted to learn more about (view spoiler). I like how they are both lawyers and Nicolas is so obviously at ...more
Wish List is a short, sweet & spicy read but at only 44 pages it doesn't have much time to go into great depth. I liked both of the characters though & its a nice holiday read if you like short stories.
rameau
I bought and read this because I wanted to try something of Sylvia Day’s without spending too much time on something with a heel on the cover. I’m thinking I made the right choice.

From a technical perspective, Day writes very well. Grammar, story structure, and other basic details have been thought through as have the characters and characterisations. But. As much as I liked the words, I didn’t particularly like the story they were telling.

I realise this is a short story and an erotica. It’s sup
Heidi
Apr 03, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read it so others won't have to. What a load of shit.
Angel Payne
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
True to everything Sylvia Day writes, this story was full of humor, emotion, and absolutely sexy fun. It's perfect for a night off after you're just DONE with the holiday run-around, and want to read a story about heartfelt love that "sticks". Swooningly sensual...I devoured every delicious word!
Jonel
Dec 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This short story was outrageously, shockingly perfect. It will definitely get you in a festive mood for the holidays!

Day’s Christmas tale is ridiculously captivating. She uses extremely vivid descriptions to draw you further and further into this tale. The narrator does a brilliant job with this tale. She heightens the story to an extent that you can’t help but love it. She takes the very vivid, brilliant descriptions that Day has set forth and makes them pop.

The main characters are very well
Viviane Cordeiro
Dec 06, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
And the award of the worst book I've read in 2013 goes to...
I just don't know why am I still trying to read any of her books... IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME STORY!! Maybe it was the Brazilian cover that caught my eye, but... would 0,5 stars available at GoodReads?!?!
Susan (susayq ~)
What a steamy little short story. Perfect for an afternoon's reading :)
Talltree
May 09, 2016 marked it as no-dnf-zzz-avoid
DNF
Molly Dettmann
There was a plot twist that warmed my heart. Nice and short too.
Jackie

I picked this one up for a quick end of the year read. I've tried Day's Bared to You and I didn't really care that much for it. Her writing is an improvement from E.L. James, but her story telling is not that great. Anyway, I wanted to give her another try because once in awhile I do like a little erotica ;).

This was just ok. Day jumps right into the sex story, which I appreciated. It was fine until it took a weird turn into serious territory. Those dreaded 3 words in what is supposed
Bookworm Between the Sheets
I read and listened to the audiobook while running my Christmas errands. I felt like I enjoyed the story more from reading it rather than the audiobook. The novella is only 4 chapters long which makes it for a very quick read. I liked the naughty list component in the story, but I am still on the fence if I really enjoyed this book. I am a major fan of Sylvia Day's Crossfire Series and will always read what she writes.
Izzy
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
* Forgive the slightly muddled review. Am having trouble putting my feelings into words when it comes to this book. *

To be honest, I'm really disappointed. I absolutely adore these plots. Honestly, I do. I'm such a sucker for books that have this kind of storyline. Although I didn't hate this book, it did fall flat.

Firstly, the reader is dumped in the middle of the story and I didn't like that. After a few pages, the story reverses with exposition and I couldn't help but think, "So why didn't y
Kami Dodson-Perry
Super short read..... 40 pages.

This is Nick & Stephanie's story. Two lawyers that work together and really are super hot for each other. Nick has asked Stephanie out many times but she says she is not interested. Nick wants Stephanie very badly. One night while working late at the office Nick finds a crumpled piece of trash, as Nick is about to throw it out he realizes it is Stephanie's stationary and unable to help himself he takes a peak. He can not believe what he sees it is Stephanie's N
Heather in FL
I've been writing in reviews that books are sweet lately, and this is yet another one. A sweet Christmas story of a playboy, Nick, who put it all on the line for the girl, Steph, who wouldn't give him the time of day. Not that she hadn't noticed him, but his playboy reputation put him off limits. Handy then (maybe fate?) that he found Steph's Christmas wish list in which Nick had a starring naughty role. And it just so happened that he was her Secret Santa at the office so he could make her wish ...more
Tina LoveBooksDK
This is one of my must read holiday stories...Soooo cute!
 photo IMG_3411_zpsd09cc1hj.gif

Re-Read Dec 2017
Re-Read Dec 2016
Re-Read Dec 2015
Re-Read Dec 2014
Read Dec 2013

I absolutely love this little Christmas story.
Rosemarie
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, novella
This is the first novel, err, novella, I've read by Sylvia Day and maybe it shouldn't have. She managed to get in 5 sex scenes (6, if you include the dry hump in the office) in 44 pages! Anyway, I thought the premise was fun so I'm willing to give a shot to another one of her books, but please, stop using the word cream when referring to a woman's wetness. I cringed every time I came across that word and it's such a turn off.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Co-workers, Nick and Stephanie, who have been attracted to each other for awhile, finally come together at an office Christmas party. Steph wrote a naughty wish list with Nick as the star in his birthday suit, and threw it away thinking it would never happen. But, Nick found it and decided to use it as his way into her life. Secrets are told, and wishes come true. Good read!!
Elliebit
A short that made short work of annoying me. Definitely steamy in some places, but overall undermined by total lack of transition. Out of nowhere, there is instalove and insta-everything, really. I cant believe this is an actual published work.
Emily
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm so in love with the bared to you series by Sylvia Day, that when I saw this for $2.99, I bought it. I wish I had done more research. It's barely an hours read with no character development. If you're just looking for completely unrealistic fulfillment of fantasies, this is your story.
Darcy
Wow, this little short quickly heats up. I love how Nick uses Stephanie’s trash against her to get what they both really want. The twist at the end was unexpected, but made Stephanie’s actions understandable.
Michelle
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh how I needed something sexy like this short Christmas fantasy from the lady that brought Mr. Gideon Cross into my life.

A nice little afternoon delight. Short, sweet and hot. I feel like writing my own little naughty wish list.
Dana Lezak
Jan 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Love her other books but this is not a book. It is a great idea that could be a book but is a terrible short story.
Wonderkell
Dec 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
Warning - HOT HOT HOT!!!

• Alluring Tales: Hot Holiday Nights
  • Best Erotic Romance
  • Warfare and Sin City (Marked #3.2, #3.5)
  • Perfect Kisses
  • A Very Naughty Xmas
  • Wicked Reads
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Mine at Midnight
  • The Devil You Know (The Devil DeVere #3)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • The Holiday Hoax
  • It's Not Christmas Without You (Holloway, #1)
  • Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)
  • Whipped Cream and Handcuffs (Whipped Cream and Handcuffs, #1)
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • Guarding the Quarterback (Champions of the Heart, #1)
  • Kiss Before Dying
  • Embattled Christmas (Lost and Found #3.7)
Sylvia Day is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, #1 Sunday Times, #1 Globe and Mail, #1 Der Spiegel, and #1 international bestselling author of over twenty award-winning novels sold in more than forty countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in twenty-eight countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit the author at www.sylviaday.com