Start by marking “The Baby Signing Bible: Baby Sign Language Made Easy” as Want to Read:
The Baby Signing Bible: Baby Sign Language Made Easy

The Baby Signing Bible: Baby Sign Language Made Easy

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  152 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Featuring 400 signs, this is the most comprehensive, user-friendly handbook for parents who want to enhance communication with any child through American Sign Language.
Laura Berg is one of the world's go-to experts on baby sign language. "The Baby Signing Bible" makes her extensive research and easy-to-follow instructions available to all parents.As confirmed by the Ameri
Published September 1st 2012 by Avery Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about The Baby Signing Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Baby Signing Bible

Bethany
I hope to use sign language with my baby due in October. I wanted to start learning signs now so I could practice and get my partner on board. He picked out this book because it included a bigger sign dictionary. I read the first half with all the introductory information. The second half is the dictionary. Through much of the book, the author incorporates stories of her own signing experiences with her two children. This is great and all, but I didn't buy the book to learn about your kids. I al ...more
Julie
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very encouraged by this to start teaching both my 16 month old and 3 1/2 year old sign language.
Dana
Dec 29, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The dictionary was pretty good as a starting point. And if you had never done signing with a baby, this would give you an okay starting point. But many of the examples in the book were from the author's personal experience with her own kids, rather than something more research-based. Also, especially in the later chapters the author really let her my-child-is-a-special-snowflake-because-I-worked-so-hard-with-her show through.
Sarah Bliss
The chapters at the beginning were more than I needed. She spent a lot of time making the case for signing with babies, which was good information, but I bought the book because I was already sold on the idea and wanted to know how to do it. I also felt like she covered the same ground repeatedly. That said, I think the activity suggestions and especially the sign dictionary in the back will make this a resource I consult often as I try to get into the habit of signing with my daughter.
Moriah Garcia
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has way more info than you'll ever need - very comprehensive. A quick read to get what you need out of it.
Hilary
Jan 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
Good reference for signs. Interesting information about benefits of signing and suggests activities to incorporate signs at home as well as the words to songs. I go to a local 'my smart hands' class and think there are definite advantages to a class over just using a book, but the book is excellent for reference at home to look up signs and reinforce what has been learned in class.
Holly Oake
This book is great and not great at the same time. The dictionary is extensive and useful while most of the first half felt like a waste of time. The first half of the book could be condensed to a chapter or two. Good resource but you may want to skim the first half.
This book would be a good reference to return to for parents who are looking to teach a variety of sign language words to their baby. As with most baby books, I could have done without all the personal anecdotes.
Michelle
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to understand, good word choices.
db
Oct 18, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Still looking for a book laid out like a language learning book (i.e., lesson 1 - 5 key signs, lesson 2 - 10 useful signs, etc.)
Nate
Aug 03, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: parenting
Useful for the dictionary. The 100 page explanatory section could have been 10 pages and lacked evidence to support the author's claims besides her anecdotal bragging about her own kids.
Aubrie Mabe
Feb 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
A very accessible approach to teaching your baby sign language. I've started teaching Neko a few signs and feel like I can be successful at it.
Koretta
Oct 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Easy to use! Love it!
Christine
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Simple instructions for teaching sign language to babies. My six-month-old hasn't picked any of the signs up yet, but they're not supposed to until later so I'm going to keep working on them!
Courtney
Apr 10, 2017
Emily
Jun 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Mansfield Public ...: The Baby Signing Bible Review by Jacky Novena-Ramirez 1 1 Aug 09, 2013 08:23AM