Start by marking “Blindsided (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #5)” as Want to Read:
Blindsided (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #5)

Blindsided

(Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #5)

There are always two sides to every story. In BLINDSIDED, the fifth installment of Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, you will see the events of the early morning in Vyborg through Nathan Nelsons eyes. Behind a stony façade, the CIA agent hides a troubled past, one he hasn't disclosed to anyone.

When Nathan finds himself in a compromising position with Nikol Petrovna, things
Published December 12th 2012 by Éire Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Blindsided, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blindsided

Start your review of Blindsided (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #5)
Maria Mercedes
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Blindsided (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #5)
By: Chris Almeida & Cecilia Aubrey
EBook, EPUB, 40 pages
Published December 12th 2012 by Éire Publishing, LLC

When Nathan finds himself in a compromising
Amy R
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Blindsided by Chris Almeida and Cecilia Aubrey definitely lives up to its name. I was completely surprised by this book. It isnt like any of the other Bytes of Life stories, and the time frame in which it is set is the same time as the end of To Russia With Love, so you get to see the ending of that book from a different point of view. It is just so very cool the way Chris and Cecilia wrote this one.

Blindsided shows us Nathan and Nikols last encounter from To Russia With Love. Holy smokes was it
Rhayne
4.5 STARS

I absolutely love the writing style of Chris and Cecilia. The flow is natural and the attention to detail is impeccable. Each scene is described beautifully, with the perfect amount of balance. If you havent started this series yet, I cannot stress enough how much you are missing out. They really deliver the full package. You get steamy sex, heart stopping suspense, enticing emotion, and nonstop action. Countermeasure is hands down one of my favorite series.

entire review posted here:
Mayas
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What can I say that readers do not already know. Leave it to Chris and Cecilia to create an illusion in one book and show us the depths of ones mind in actions in another. Blindsided will give you an inside look on Nathan as a man not the "ass" we all saw him as. His advice and life struggles will be revealed from behind the doors of the safe house in Russia with Nikol. The title in it self will describe that as true fans of the Countermeasure series that "we" will be "Blindsided" by what really ...more
Nicole
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth installment in the Bytes of Life portion of the Countermeasure Series. This short story is told from the points-of-view of Nathan Nelson and Nikol Petrovna. This is their story that took place in the morning, while everyone was in Russia. Even though the story only covers a few short hours of time, it dives deeper into the Nathans past and Nikols future.

Written with the same excellent style, that fans have thoroughly enjoyed, Blindsided takes a slight detour away from the
Gaele
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In a short that covers only a few hours in the midst of a harrowing escape from St. Petersburg, this story brings some insight into one of the more controversial, and often least sympathetic of the recurring characters: Nathan Nelson, Cassies ex-partner in the CIA. It is often said that like recognizes like, and that recognition of another deeply wounded soul provides the basis for a very emotionally raw conversation between Nathan and Nikol, that is after an almost sexual liaison, several ...more
Lori Myers
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is set immediately after To Russia With Love and this Byte is Nathan's. I had always thought that Nathan was not the horrid monster Trev made him out to be. We get a touch of what has made Nathan who he is. We see heartbreak, a broken childhood, a need to love someone and be loved. Nathan is a jerk, yeah, but he is oh so much more....We get to witness the beginnings of, if not a friendship, at least some grudging respect between Trev and Nathan. And a perfect set up for the next novel...As ...more
Cinthia
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this short story we know a little more Nathan Nelson, the CIA agent, the old friend of Cassandra, and monitor a scene that occurred in To Russia with Love for what happened in Nate's room.

I'm already more anxious for 'Alternate Connection' and what will happen with Nathan.
Kimberly
Dec 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This series has been so amazing. Exciting and hot all rolled up into one. Ready for more!
Glenda Bettin
MommyRN
Jan 11, 2013
Carol
Mar 13, 2015
Chris Almeida (also known as C. Almeida) began writing childrens stories at a very young age. Born in Brazil but currently living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Chris life took a totally different course when technology came into play, and the following 17 years were spent delving deep into the world of programming and web design.
It was in 2010, when Chris began role playing online as a hobby, that

Countermeasure: Bytes of Life (7 books)
  • Uncharted (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #1; Countermeasure 0.5)
  • Ecstasy by the Sea (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #2; Countermeasure #1.1)
  • Cuffed at Midnight (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #3; Countermeasure #1.2)
  • Passion at Dawn (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #4; Countermeasure #1.4)
  • Lost to Rapture (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #6; Countermeasure #2.4)
  • Christmas Wish (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life #7; Countermeasure #2.6)

News & Interviews

“Sometimes, we need a little bit of fantasy to help soften the edges of our reality." ~Nathan Nelson, Blindsided (Authors Chris Almeida & Cecilia Aubrey)” 2 likes