Start by marking “Parenting with Dignity: The Early Years” as Want to Read:
Parenting with Dignity: The Early Years

Parenting with Dignity: The Early Years

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Bledsoe's curriculum teaches parents how to instill a sense of responsible decision-making in their children. In this brand-new book, Bledsoe applies his five rules of parenting to help parents of children between the ages of two and six overcome the most common and frustrating challenges associated with the toddler and preschool years.
Paperback
Published January 4th 2005 by Alpha

To ask other readers questions about Parenting with Dignity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parenting with Dignity

Karin
I gave it a 5 because the advice is soo good. The book starts off by saying that 'the ideas in your head rule your world' so how a child sees the world affects how he or she responds to it. Then he states his 5 'rules'.

I liked how he talks about teaching a child how to behave BEFORE they are taken to a restaurant, store or library. If they practice at home first, then they can more readily show their 'good' behavior at the new environment rather than having to be repremanded for not spontaneousl
Susan
Mar 08, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Susan by: Lou
I only had one problem with this book! Yes! One! Can you guess what it was? Yes! The author needs an editor! Or someone should erase the exclamation point from his keyboard!

Seriously, there are two to three exclamation points per paragraph through the entire book. It's incredibly distracting.

Content-wise, though, it's a good book. The basics are pretty simple -- (1) your kids learn from *everything* they see you do, even when you don't think you're teaching them, and (2) they do what gets reward
Linda
Feb 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good that I want a copy of it given to the guardians of my children, with my will, if I should die. It's how I want to raise my kids, the attitude I want to have, and all the wisdom I could imagine in parenting, all in one book. I saw Mac Bledsoe speak and was just as impressed. It's practical and full of common sense, written in a way that will smack you in the head with good ideas. Love it.
JJ
Jun 30, 2010 rated it liked it
I liked his 5 rules but it went downhill from there. I found him too vague on details. Book seemed to be a collection of articles rather than a comprehensive book and ended without a good summary. Wish he was a bit more realistic about how to handle some real parenting challenges.
DeAnna