Start by marking “Maravilloso desastre (Desastre, #1)” as Want to Read:
Maravilloso desastre (Desastre, #1)

Maravilloso desastre

(Beautiful #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  480,978 Ratings  ·  26,226 Reviews
La chica buena…
Abby Abernathy no bebe, no se mete en líos y trabaja muy duro. Cree que ha enterrado su oscuro pasado, pero cuando llega a la universidad, un rompecorazones conocido por sus ligues de una noche pone en peligro su sueño de una nueva vida.

El chico malo…
Travis Maddox, sexy, musculoso y cubierto de tatuajes, es justamente el tipo de chico que le atrae a Abby, ju
Published February 6th 2013 by Suma de letras (first published May 26th 2011)

Sophia.
* Warning: If you're easily offended by cursing, and/or aggressivity, then don't FUCKING read this. *

I am literally losing it. This book contains one of the most disturbing scenes I have ever read in any book. EVER.
So here's one excerpt from the book.

Abby slept with Travis and left his apartment in the morning without saying goodbye. This is his reaction, a few hours later :

“Travis is a fucking wreck! He won’t talk to us, he’s trashed the
apartment
, threw the stereo across the room… Shep [room
Lucy
Hayley
Shelly Crane
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure what to write about this book. The reviews for the book were SOOO incredibly misleading. I thought Travis was going to hit her, or come close, the way everyone was going on about the 'abuse' in the book. I get it, it was intense. But having seen real abuse with my own eyes, in real life..I didnt understand what everyone else saw that made it be worse and stand apart from all other books.

This is a book about an alpha male. Just because it's not a paranormal book and instead, a contem
S.C. Stephens
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow...Travis, Travis, Travis. I liked him, I hated him, I liked him again...I worried about his sanity...then I loved him. And, oddly enough, I had a lot of the same feelings about Abby! So many times I wanted to scream at her, then him, then her again! Great, complex characters. I loved this!! Wonderful story, wonderful world, wonderful author!
Emily May

(view spoiler)
Dd
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Shake in your boots,boys,and drop your panties,ladies!

I give you : Travis 'Mad Dog' Maddox!

"He made his entrance,shirtless,relaxed and unaffected.The lean muscles stretched under his tattooed skin."

Okay ladies,here we go.1,2,3 and....S.W.O.O.N!!

"He oozed sex and rebelliousness with his buzzed,brown hair and tattooed forearms."

Uh-oh boy!!Here go my ovaries!!

Ummm...QUESTION!!

Can I get pregnant from this?

Anyway....

Okay,now the storyline!!

Abby Abernathy has a secret.She has a past.A dark past.An
Kiki
This book is a nightmare. It's as if Jamie McGuire reached into my brain, found my worst nightmare, wrote it down, and then charged me $13.99 to relive it.

But that's not all. I read this book on an 8-hour flight from London to Toronto. This book and I spent 8 hours together, in coach seating, with nothing to do but surrender to the impossibility of an escape. There was nowhere to run and nowhere to hide, as this book stared up at me, begging to be read.

"Give me a chance," it said. "Just because
Kat Kennedy
Nope. Can't do it. It's just too horrible. I've reached my max saturation point of stupidity.
Kristen
5 stars with a caveat, and by far my most difficult review to write to date.

I’m honestly baffled by my response to this book because I not only enjoyed the story, but I also gave it high marks. In many ways this book is everything I hate in a Young Adult romance, but I still found myself enthralled, giddy, and starry eyed, regardless of how annoyed I became at time. In fact, I felt like I was at odds with myself during most of it. There was my latent teenage self, all starry eyed and idealistic,
Angela
Feb 11, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-star-reads
I haven't been this pissed off reading a book since Bad Romeo. Beautiful Disaster was a cluster eff of a read managing to throw everything I hate in a book into one novel.

My first issue with this book are the characters. Our leading lady is Abby Abernathy. Then there's our leading man Travis Maddox. I can capture my feels for both of them at the same time. I HATE THEM!!! I CAN'T STAND THEM!!!! Actually that really undersells how I feel towards them but whatever. Abby is DUMB! there is no other w
Colleen Hoover
May 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book right after (shameless plug) I wrote my first book, Slammed.
Speaking of Slammed, who do you think would win in a fist fight between Travis Maddox and poetry teacher, Will Cooper?
Haha.
HAHAHAHA.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Let's look on the bright side. Will Cooper would write a really kick-ass poem about his hospital stay.
Rose
Jamie McGuire's "Beautiful Disaster" is the worst adult contemporary romance novel I've had the displeasure of reading.

I'm imagining I've raised a few eyebrows with beginning this review on that note. You might be thinking "Well, aren't you being a little melodramatic, Rose? It's just a book - it can't possibly be that bad, right?"

*exhales slowly* Let me state for the record I'm a person who likes reading many different kinds of romances because I'm an avid reader and genres know no bounds with
Whitney Atkinson
This book isn't beautiful, it's just a complete disaster. Travis is psychotic, abusive, and overprotective. I cannot believe shit like this gets published.
Brittany
Nov 12, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jamie McGuire. Putting the woman's movement back 200 years. D: It saddens me that someone from my own gender is writing such shallow and mindless dribble. I know the economy is bad, but damn have some pride!

If you were able to get through this book without throwing up I have to applaud you. I had to stop reading at page 225 because I was becoming physically ill. It wasn't the subject that sickened me, it was HOW the subject was being written. The characters and their reaction to Travis' obsessi
Abbi Glines
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-favs
I rarely review books unless the author is a friend of mine. However, I thought I'd say something about this one. I put off reading this because I'd read the reviews and the ones that complained about the editing issues worried me. I don't like reading a book for enjoyment and find myself mentally editing it the entire time. OMG, I am so glad I gave in and read it. It's insanely good. Yes, there are errors but honestly I was so wrapped up in the story I didn't care. It is really edgy and I would ...more
Jude
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

*My Review on Walking Disaster. No Spoilers.

The book Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire has been all around the Blogosphere lately. It became available on Netgalley and many bloggers are currently reading it. This book has caused many controversy and has earned some really nasty reviews, still, the book has an average rating of 4.13. I recently stumbled upon a review that said very very no-so-nice things about Beautiful Disaster, and it also mentioned that everyone that rated this book wit
~ Becs ~
I read this because it tops so many lists here on Goodreads and I wanted to see what the hype is about but it sadly didn't even begin to live up to my expectations. I actually believe this may be the worst book I have ever read.

The characters are poorly developed, the writing style just appalling, I never really understood their motivations and the narrative never gave them time to react to situations. This felt like it had been written by a twelve year old to me.

This takes place over 2 semeste
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

“I need to hear you say it. I need to know you’re mine.”
“I’ve been yours since the second we met.”

ooooo *sigh* what can I say about this book except that its reeeeally good, HIGHLY addictive and utterly captivating. You literally feel compelled to keep turning the pages. You just can't stop. No joke!

Abby and Travis meet in college. He's a tough, charming, insanely hot, tattooed badboy who also is a womanizing A student who fights in a ring at night and once he meets Abby, he's just captiva
Torie
Jul 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, books-i-own
WARNING: THIS BOOK IS LIKE CRACK

Because you feel like such shit for reading it, but you can't stop yourself from reading it anyway. There were more typos than I could count, the dialogue is just so cheesy it's cringe-worthy, the boy is such a Gary-Sue, BUT...oh my Lord I could NOT stop myself. I was so grossed out by myself for liking it, my boyfriend was grossed out by me liking it, but I couldn't pull myself away!

The Issues
The boy is a character OBVIOUSLY conjured by a woman and a HUGE Ga
karen
I know we're fucked up, all right? I'm impulsive, and hot-tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then you need me the next. I never get anything right, and i don't deserve you…but i fucking love you, Abby. I love you more than I've loved anyone or anything, ever. When you're around, I don't need booze, or money, or the fighting, or the one-night stands… all I need is you. You're all think about. You're all I dream about. You're all I want.

o
Sana
there is so much wrong with this book, i don't even know where to start, jesus christ.

this annoying little pest named Abigail moves from her """dark past""" to start fresh at a university far from her """dark past""" and be a goody little two shoes. her friend takes her to a secret (illegal?) fight where she gets sprayed by blood and catches the attention of the baddest bad boy on earth, Travis LILBITCH. then she challenges him and, betting against him and if she loses she must stay in his apart
Katya
2011 review: I have a little dilemma with reviewing indie books. On one hand, I get it why authors might prefer to go down the self-publishing road. With an industry that gives us Halo and Hades, I'd be disheartened too. The thing is, indie writers face a lot of difficulties getting their stuff out there and making a profit, because the general assumption is that self-pubbed books are poorly written, poorly edited things that no agent wanted to take on.

So I was very conflicted about reviewing t
xrysa
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I think this is my favorite book ! I'm still book hangovered .

Where should I begin?
Ummm , yeah ...

Travis
“I belong to my beloved, and my beloved is mine.”

I loved him , many people may consider him as immature but his will for love was unbelievable.
Travis is fighting illegally ,he is hot , he has tattoos and all the girls want to f*ck with him. ( I wonder why?*innocent eyes*)

Abby

She was just an innocent girl who fell for someone that reminded her , her past.She bet with Travis and this gave an
Ceilidh
Jan 10, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Now that I have officially joined the Kindle army, I felt that it was an appropriate time to start checking out the burgeoning e-book and self-published market. Only a fool would underestimate the growing power and influence of the e-book market in relation to mainstream publishing and I’ve noticed several particular books coming up time and time again amongst both my GoodReads friends and the book blogging scene in general. This book is one of them.

I’d be lying if I said that I ever thought th
Jessica Edwards
Travis Maddox...well if that name doesn't make you fangirl, I don't know what does.
Thanks to my mother who recommended me this book, otherwise I never would've picked this book up. I went into this book blind because I heard a lot of mixed reviews about it so I didn't know what to really expect when I read this book.
I really really liked it. That's pretty much all I can say. There was nothing I didn't like about it.
I like a hero that's possessive and gets jealous because ultimately it means t
KAS
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars

Once again, I am late to the party, but W. H. O. A!!

I am trying my darnedest to come up with a word that would best describe what I just read, because honestly, this book has left me a bit speechless.

I’m guessing an apt word would be “intense.” Intense emotions, intense love, intense actions. An intense, toxic relationship!

Despite of all his flaws, which he revealed unashamedly, I fell head over heels for the hero, Travis, but the heroine, Abby, well ... she needed someone to knock so
Wendy Darling
Jun 30, 2011 marked it as will-never-read  ·  review of another edition
And another one bites the dust.
Stacia (the 2010 club)
*Update December 2011 - original rating dropped. I realized after much thought that the ending really bothered me. I wish (view spoiler)

Review revised to add a warning : You may cringe at the ridiculous amount of nickname usage in t
Ridley
I can't really be bothered to write my usual style of review. I'm the last person on the planet to read it, so summarizing the plot just seems a waste of time. Instead, I'm going to skip straight to my criticism.

First off, if you don't like first person narration, this is not the book that will change your mind. It uses the device particularly poorly. Our narrator, the heroine, at times has too much insight into the minds of others and at other times has too little knowledge of her own mind. Non
Link to read Beautiful Disaster 1 5 Aug 09, 2018 06:29AM
BOOKS SIMILAR TO BEAUTIFUL DISASTER 111 8684 Aug 07, 2018 04:43AM
Is there any New Adult Books out there that have a strong female lead? 4 55 Jan 01, 2018 02:35PM
Crazy for Young A...: Pair 6: Samantha and Rafaela (September Besties) 12 21 Sep 19, 2017 04:48PM
What songs are related to this book? 62 898 May 30, 2017 11:21AM
What to read next? 3 173 May 05, 2017 08:47PM
  • Effortless (Thoughtless, #2)
  • The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)
  • Love Unrehearsed (Love, #2)
  • True Love Story
  • The Dex-Files (Experiment in Terror, #5.7)
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Point of Retreat (Slammed, #2)
  • Clash (Crash, #2)
  • Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4)
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
  • Real (Real, #1)
  • Scars and Songs (Mad World, #3)
  • Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)
  • The Opportunist (Love Me with Lies, #1)
  • On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1)
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
  • Sempre (Sempre, #1)
Jamie McGuire was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She attended Northern Oklahoma College, the University of Central Oklahoma, and Autry Technology Center where she graduated with a degree in Radiography.

Jamie paved the way for the New Adult genre with the international bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Her follow-up novel, Walking Disaster, debuted at #1 on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Jou

Beautiful (2 books)
  • Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
“To douchebags!" he said, gesturing to Brad. "And to girls that break your heart," he bowed his head to me. His eyes lost focus. "And to the absolute fucking horror of losing your best friend because you were stupid enough to fall in love with her.” 6388 likes
“I knew the second I met you
that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it
wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.”
3582 likes