Start by marking “Good to Myself (Toronto, #10)” as Want to Read:
Good to Myself (Toronto, #10)

Good to Myself

(Toronto #10)

Internet columnist Lydia Grange is on the brink of the promotion she's wanted for two years. As lead columnist of the Toronto Times' women's issue site, she'll have the fame she longs for, the money to fuel her shopping obsession, and all the free shoes she can wear. Only one obstacle remains: beating her coworkers (Sasha the perfect mother and Patricia the bargain-obsesse ...more
Published December 9th 2012 by Heather Wardell

To ask other readers questions about Good to Myself, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good to Myself

Els
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Often, you know from the first few sentences on whether you are going to like a book or not. Well, this one had my attention from the start. There are some things that I could recognize and that adds somehing to the story for me. The book is a fluent read and the most important thing about it is how to be good to yourself. Maybe you thought you were doing that already, but when you take a closer look, it did not seem to be that way.
It was full of funny things, romance, friendship and the ending
J.H. Moncrieff
Nov 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

I don't normally climb on a soapbox in my reviews, but please bear with me. I've noticed quite a few reviews of Wardell's work, while positive, dismiss her books as "cute beach reads" or the like. I'm paraphrasing, but that sums it up, and I've seen it quite a bit.

I read a lot of dark fiction, including true crime. But with the American election looming, the Standing Rock catastrophe, the Black Lives Matter crisis, Syria and the latest terrorist attack overseas, the world can be a damn
Kirsten
Jan 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, 2013-books
Heather Wardell might be putting these books out just a bit too fast. Sure, they're light, fluffy, and a good escape -- but they're all starting to sound the same. How is Lydia really that different from Andrea in A Life That Fits, for instance? The themes are getting repetitive, so I hope Wardell starts to stretch her wings a bit.
Kate’s Book Spot
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Firstly I’d like to thank the author for sending me this eBook to read and give an honest review. I am a big fan of Heather Wardell’s writing.

The story began with Lydia’s memory of a hot kiss with Felix, now I’m all for a scene which includes hot kissing but unfortunately I found that I couldn’t quite connect with it because it happened so early on – I just didn’t feel like I knew the characters enough at that point. However, as I got to know them better I began to see the significance of that m
I'd So Rather Be Reading {Nat}
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Good to Myself is the tenth book in Wardell's Toronto series. Taken from the author's website (www.heatherwardell.com):

While these books don't form a strict series, they are all set in the same area of Toronto and some of the earlier books' characters and locations do make appearances in later books. I don't think you'd completely spoil your reading experience by picking them up out of order, but you would definitely find spoilers of how the earlier books end!

I've loved each and every book in
Bianca
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle
Heather Wardell is one of my favorite authors, so to say that I enjoyed her book is always repetitive. Each book has a message that sticks to me, and this one (to me) is all about instant gratification. That slice of cheesecake you know you should have, that expensive purse, buying clothes you like but don't really love.... yep. Lydia Grange can relate to you there.

So when the promotion she's been longing for is right around the corner and all she needs to do is beat her two coworkers for the p
Anja Mizner
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Heather Wardell did it again.I am blown away by yet another great book by Heather. I have read all of them so far and got this book when it first came out but decided to let it sit on the shelve for a little bit. I love her books and was really afraid to have to wait along time to get another read from her.Finally I decided it is time to read this and I am blown away.Heather Wardell has a way to let us not only read a great story but to make us think about certain things in life. Her book "Plann ...more
Christine
Feb 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads, chick-lit
I really love Wardell's books and several have resonated with me (A Life that Fits was a book that came at the right time in my life). That being said, I didn't have the same experience with Good to Myself. Although I like the premise, I felt like it didn't go far enough in what being "good to yourself" means. Also, Wardell's novels have always been quick, fun reads but I found with this one there were so many short chapters with details that did not seem to advance the plot that made it difficu ...more
Kirsty Hoggons
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I really enjoyed this book, for the most part. It was well written and interesting. A bit predictable but it didn't make the story boring which was good. I liked most of the characters which was unusual for me. There were one or two things that annoyed me about the story but that was due to the personality of the character which was needed for the story to go ahead so I think that was necessary. All in all, I would definitely ...more
Helena Coetzee
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I love all Heather's books... but this one I didn't like as much as the others. It took me a while to get "into" the story and the kiss between Felix and Lydia felt like a lat minute addition, it didn't feel like it was part of the story... so I couldn't relate to or understand the attraction between the two characters. I did enjoy reading the story... but this one is definately my least favourite of all the books in the Torronto Series.
Julie Shick
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I would love to be articulate with this review but the book kept me up so late (again) that I can't promise that. I adore Heather Wardell's writing. How she brings in characters from other her other novels while telling a new story. It always feels fresh. I even would love to visit Toronto (now) someday. Though I would probably be disappointed when I couldn't find Steel on the map. :) The Toronto in my head from her stories is a wonderful place.
Melissa Winkelman
Mar 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book is a great way to be Good to Yourself! Funny, lighthearted yet serious, and insightful are all great words to describe this book. While certainly not intended to be a 'self help' book by any means, you will find yourself thinking about whether the day to day things we do are truly good for us for whether we just think they are. Great writing and I now look forward to reading others in the series.
Apr 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Nice, cute even if predictable read. I quite liked the twist on being good to one's self as indeed it isn't always easy to make the right choices.
Also, as with other books from this author I like the recurring characters. All of the books in this series create kind of a complete picture of Toronto and the people, even if all of them don't appear in every book.
Kim
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have loved every Heather Wardell book I have read and always grab the new one as soon as it is released and i am never disapointed.
Jennifer Moehle
Jan 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love Heather Wardell, all of her books are such fun to read, and this latest book didn't disappoint.
Bona Ellis
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another very good Heather Wardell book...I've read them all so far, and now I'm ready for "Pink is a four letter word"!
Denise
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Once again, Heather Wardell has hit a home run. I recommend her to everyone. She has a book for anyone out there and books we can all relate too. Pure inspiration.
Jennie
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Love the premise of this one...the person learning to be good to herself in the right way.
Lisa
Nov 19, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked it and the author's other works. It is predictable but a fun and easy read.
Heidi
Oct 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Probably 3.5 it did give me lots to think about and if I'm really being "good to myself"
Christina Felder
Feb 21, 2013
Sandra
Apr 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I am a natural 1200 wpm speed reader and the author of nineteen self-published novels including the free ebook "Life, Love, and a Polar Bear Tattoo" which has had over 385,000 downloads.

In my spare time, I read, run, swim, crochet, take care of my aquarium and my cat Trinity, and play drums and clarinet. Generally not all at once.

I only record books here if I absolutely love them and hugely recomm

Toronto (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Life, Love, and a Polar Bear Tattoo (Toronto, #1)
  • Go Small or Go Home (Toronto Series #2)
  • Planning to Live (Toronto, #3)
  • Stir Until Thoroughly Confused (Toronto #4)
  • A Life That Fits (Toronto, #5)
  • Live Out Loud (Toronto #6)
  • Blank Slate Kate (Toronto, #7)
  • Finding My Happy Pace (Toronto, #8)
  • All At Sea (Toronto, #9)
  • Pink is a Four-Letter Word (Toronto, #11)