Start by marking “Loose Screws” as Want to Read:
Loose Screws

Karen Templeton

Loose Screws

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  732 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
In the space of a few hours, thirty-year-old Ginger Petrocelli had gone from bride-to-be to bride-who-never-was. So here she sat, alone in her cramped apartment, wedding crinolines askew, drowning her sorrows in a hundred-dollar bottle of Veuve Cliquot, when her doorbell rang. And her trip to hell in a handbasket was about to escalate.

At the door: Nick, Ginger's "first." O
ebook
Published August 15th 2012 by Red Dress Ink (first published September 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Loose Screws, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loose Screws

Jessi
Aug 15, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So this is the story of a girl .... No the most annoying girl ever, who gets dumped at the alter, which after 90 pages you question why he asked her in the first place? Why????
Any way this author also seems to like to use lots of words. Words are great, but they are free and no one will ever take them from you, you do not need to use ALL of the words that ever were in your book. Some of the sentences have like 50 words in them, but they are not conveying a lot of info, they are just extremely w
Mafi
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009, ebook, pt
Lido em ebook pt-br. Achei fofinho e divertido!
Becca
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A light, funny story about how life can knock you down, but it's the journey back that matters most
Amy Farley
Bought for 50 cents at my library sale. Fun romp. Made me laugh several times.
Lupurk
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, 2017
Non mi aspettavo un capolavoro di narrativa, ma sinceramente speravo in qualcosa di più. Poco divertente, poco interessante, alcuni passaggi sono al limite dell'assurdo...va bene la lettura di svago, ma un minimo di qualità si può avere lo stesso. Giudizio tiepido, non completamente bocciato, ma nemmeno promosso a pieni voti.
Linda Smith
I hesitated on whether or not to call this book humorous but decided that the heroine's life was far too screwed up to laugh at. Within the space of a few weeks, Ginger is stood up at the altar, becomes unemployed after her boss is murdered, loses the apartment she has been subletting for over five years, is burned out of the new apartment she moves into, and ends up moving in with her mother and grandmother because she is out of money and out of options. It's more of a Greek tragedy than a come ...more
Izandra Mascarenhas
Eu fiquei muito indecisa sobre que nota dar para esse livro. Confesso que, no início, não gostei muito dele. Parecia meio chatinho, e Ginger pensava demais... Porém, um fato era certo: eu não sabia o de a história ia dar. Nada nesse livro era previsível, sabe?
A quantidade de coisas que acontecem com a Ginger é absurda - e tudo de uma vez. Qualquer pessoa no lugar dela ficaria confusa.
Acabei por gostar, especialmente da metade em diante. Houve algumas situações engraçadas, mas se esta procurando
Tracy
Jan 05, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sigh. I have come to the conclusion that I am just too old for Chick Lit anymore. Which is sad to say because I still have several of them on my bookshelf that I haven't read yet. (Luckily, they are mostly books I either found on airplanes or found in the dollar bin at the half priced book store.)

For anyone interested, this is the story about, god, I finished it yesterday and I've already forgot her name. Ginger! Ginger gets dumped at the alter, loses her job and her apartment all in one week. N
Julbs
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Initially, I thought of giving this book a single star (No wonder they no longer sell this book in stores). However, I enjoyed the latter half of the book so I'm giving it two stars.

Come to think of it, I think the author adjusted her writing style to mirror the life of her protagonist; the writing style was full of run-ons at the start of the book (reflecting the busy state of mind of the lead character) but the narration gradually became smoother and more bearable at the end (just as we see t
Sarah Hadd
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
When I was in my early 20's I devoured Red Dress Ink books, they were all I read. Now, the last few I've somewhat painfully made my way through have been so predictable and the heroines so stupid, I've come to the realization that I've probably outgrown these. This one was very predictable, and the MC was annoying and stupid - but somehow I ended up enjoying it. This may be the last one I read so I can go out on a good note (though I still have a shelf full of ones I haven't read, so probably no ...more
Cynthia Conley
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe this book only had a rating of 3.14. I LOVED this book! It was hilarious...so much so that I was laughing OUT LOUD. Granted, she had a LOT of terrible things happen to her but the way Karen wrote this book, it was awesome! Highly recommend!
Christy Olesen
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Karen Templeton had a great sense of humor and good comic timing, yet her book are not intended to totally comic. She had a talent for working every day life humor into her stories without it seeming forced of out of place.
Kayleen
Jan 27, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Things happen. But the stories that seem to be started are never really finished. The interesting situations that develop are resolved off stage. Disappointing.
Laura Morse
Enjoyable for "chick-lit." Believable but heart-warming family relationships, good and imperfect friends.
Kim
Dec 13, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read...classic chick lit.
Kristin
Sep 08, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was so bad I couldn't finish it. Unlikeable main character. Lots of extra unnecessary details and run on sentences like crazy
Karen
Jun 27, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light & Fun read for summer.
Kim
Jan 09, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute read. I enjoyed it.
Becky
Sep 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a true chick flick! Kept me busy for two evenings after work. I sat outside the second night reading by bonfire and peering at the words with my reading glasses and my mini booklite!
Sara
Apr 03, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, girly, no-brainer to read between book club books. It had an actual gasp-out-loud moment and didn't end as neat and tidy as most other chick-lit books do.
Ellix18
Sep 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mi è piaciuto davvero tanto. Divertente, simpatico, affronta temi importanti con ironia e senza farlo però pesare sul lettore. Lo consiglio davvero a tutti gli amanti delle commedie
Michelle
Apr 01, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit
chicklit, screwball romance
Maria
Oct 31, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Started out sort of fun reading, but the middle of the book got typical and boring. The end picked up and grabbed my interest, but the middle was a chore to get through!
Briana Alzola
This was just, well, not very good. I thought the characters weren't very appealing and the story not quite thought through.
I just felt the author could have gone over the book a few more times.
Marie
Jan 30, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Def. a chick read. Light and predictable.
Lori LaBelle
Was ok. Didnt enjoy the first person narrative though. Was rather manic.
Jamie
Aug 20, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was a cute book but it tended to drag at times. but who doesn't love a good i've been left at the alter, lose my job, lose my apartment and live back with my mom book.
Britta
Dec 06, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
"I still want to believe there's a good man out there whose smile is gonna make me grateful for every breath I take."
Charity
Cute and funny story about being stood up at the altar and the unfortunate chain of events that follow. Quick, fun read.
  • Strapless
  • Burning The Map
  • My Fake Wedding
  • Losing It
  • Bombshell
  • Tales of a Drama Queen (Drama Queen, #1)
  • The Dominant Blonde
  • Tart
  • Sleeping Over
  • Dating Without Novocaine
  • Bundle of Joy?
  • A Minor Indiscretion
  • Wonderboy
  • Sex with the Ex
As the mother of five sons, now grown, Karen loves to write about real people dealing with the drama (and humor) of everyday life. Over the past fifteen years, Karen has written nearly 50 books for Harlequin/Silhouette and Red Dress Ink, and three of her Special Edition titles (A Mother's Wish (2009) Welcome Home, Cowboy (2011) and A Gift for All Seasons (2013) have won the RITA award, the romance ...more
More about Karen Templeton...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me